R34 GTR cabin noise

frootloops

Known Member
May 28, 2009
Are you using twin plate clutch system? If so..that the clutch that is making the sound.
mine got rattling sound...but when i step on the clutch it stops rattling...is it twin plate? because i hav never changed it before so dunno...

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Are you using twin plate clutch system? If so..that the clutch that is making the sound.
Oic bro, ya I'm using twin clutch now.

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Mine sometimes doesn't read from a cold start too. After warming up and driving, it will read again.
Leo, u have same situation as mine. Any method to solve this? Or this is normal for all gtr?

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
mine got rattling sound...but when i step on the clutch it stops rattling...is it twin plate? because i hav never changed it before so dunno...
Yes, then you are using twin plate clutch system now...may be the previous owner had changed it without informing you when he sold the car to you. Twin plate sound like a diesel engine idling and when you off the engine, the rattling noise even louder and sound like the whole car if falling apart! :biggrin:

inVInci8Le

Dec 11, 2008
mine got "banging" noise the moment i suddenly put in the throttle and also when i lift off the throttle suddenly, particularly in low gear and after the car warmed up.. the sound came from below (around the gearbox to the diff).. i cant explain exactly how the sound like but more or less it sounds like some loose joints banging each other..or maybe like a jerking sound. changed all the diff,gearbox oil but the sound remains..do u guys ever experienced this or maybe u guys know what's the problem??could it be a worn out bushings or something??

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I cannot hear myself think over the stereo, exhaust, clutch rattling, screams from my passengers, etc.

cutebomb86

Jun 1, 2006
Kuching
Yes, then you are using twin plate clutch system now...may be the previous owner had changed it without informing you when he sold the car to you. Twin plate sound like a diesel engine idling and when you off the engine, the rattling noise even louder and sound like the whole car if falling apart! :biggrin:
same problem here. but is it possible cause by clutch bearing?

lemon_demon

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
sifus & bros, my bnr34 currently running on ORC P559 (pull type), and rattling sound came out in between rpm 1.1k -2k and also appears when i turn on the A/C when idle...

i got some questions:
-does it will some how will damage the gearbox? the sound it produce is quite crunchy & terrified me badly... to make myself feel better, i have to hold on to the clutch pedal on every traffic light stop..

-is there any way to make it sound lesser or for god's sake disappear?

-does the push type conversion will somehow makes difference to the rattle?

-is there any other twin plate on the market that will not make the rattle sound?

thanks guys

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
sifus & bros, my bnr34 currently running on ORC P559 (pull type), and rattling sound came out in between rpm 1.1k -2k and also appears when i turn on the A/C when idle...

i got some questions:
-does it will some how will damage the gearbox? the sound it produce is quite crunchy & terrified me badly... to make myself feel better, i have to hold on to the clutch pedal on every traffic light stop..

-is there any way to make it sound lesser or for god's sake disappear?

-does the push type conversion will somehow makes difference to the rattle?

-is there any other twin plate on the market that will not make the rattle sound?

thanks guys
Is this twin plate ?? Could you describe more on the rattling and during when it notice. Example: idling only, during clutch in or when depressed clutch. You do the conversion pull type? Might got possibility, bearing or short shaft length might one of the reason.

Follow this link :
http://www.drift.com.my/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40597&sid=9f1f0d446ed4db74a4a57850a20d944b

discussing on Silvia bearing and clutch noise.

Hope it`s just the racing clutch sound~

lemon_demon

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
bro kaminari:
that's a good discussion.. but i think the noise causes should be different, silvias are FR n the gearbox were more simpler rite?

my situation:
i can see my car produces the rattle sound starting at rpm 11xx. sound gone after rpm2000
when idle without A/C is fine, but as i turn on the A/C n the compressor running, the sound appears.
when driving high gear at low rpms (this i understand n acceptable)
it all gone as i step on the clutch pedal.

evilmaycry2004:
bro, is your problem same as above? so far so good? i'm having nightmares about my gearbox going to break :stoned:

Mar 19, 2010
a nice place
dark child, what deadening to did you add and where abouts? Thinking about doing this to my car... did it make a noticeable difference with your car?

in regards to the original question, i'd say a lot would depend on the exhaust you're running.

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
bro kaminari:
that's a good discussion.. but i think the noise causes should be different, silvias are FR n the gearbox were more simpler rite?

my situation:
i can see my car produces the rattle sound starting at rpm 11xx. sound gone after rpm2000
when idle without A/C is fine, but as i turn on the A/C n the compressor running, the sound appears.
when driving high gear at low rpms (this i understand n acceptable)
it all gone as i step on the clutch pedal.

evilmaycry2004:
bro, is your problem same as above? so far so good? i'm having nightmares about my gearbox going to break :stoned:
Hi bro,

Gearbox (transmission) system is different but clutch system is same either PULL or PUSH type for both car. What`s your idle RPM since you say the sound comes at 1100rpm.... normal idling rpm 880rpm-950rpm STD.

Have you check your gear mounting? Wear out gear mounting will effect gearbox positioning with clutch(engine flywheel) and produce noise at low rpm and low gear hard to engage.

I think you better post VIDEO ~ ... i`m suspecting your aircond compressor clutch is gone from the symptoms given.....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just to share with fellow members that shall you ever come to this part of town please becareful not to leave your car unattended as my car was broken into at 11am and i found out an hour later. Car is equipped with 6mil security tint and armed with clifford G5 which is also hooked to my horn. So sad to say that the dumb ass security didnt even know and denial hearing my alarm. The best part is the cleaners who were working at the floor above heard my alarm rang.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience