1. Bump posts missing? We are spring cleaning the Forums so these posts are being removed to optimize the database further. Don't be concerned, you can continue to do whatever you do. Will be developing the site further as well through the coming weeks so do watch out for those! You can close this notice now
    Dismiss Notice

r3 wit high cams!!!

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by 93na, Oct 31, 2009.

1. casper23

casper23 5 Year | Silver

pm me also...
    da price n where to get that stuff...

2. 93na

93na 5 Year | Silver

hahaha!!!, but heard from ppl 1.8 wit mivec head heavly mod always has overheating problem true???? are u using this type of mod!!!:itsme:

3. SkYwAlKeR

SkYwAlKeR Senior Member

datz why must change to 3 layer aluminium koyorad radiator lo..

4. Yee

Yee Senior Member

The ECU for the earlier batch of Putra, Satria Gti's 4G93 engines are running with Mitsubishi ECU and it uses air flow sensor. Whereby, the later batch of Satria Gti, manufactured year 2001 and above are running with Siemens ECU, uses MAP sensor. Those Siemens ECU are not compatible with the E-manage Ignition harness, therefore the Ignition firing can't be tune.

5. Yong_5290

Yong_5290 Senior Member

aha...heating issue...its always common stuff with any type of machine...be it engine,cnc o watever machine...heating and vibration is always the big issue...

do u know tat a lot of rotary engine out there have to chg 3 core aluminium o some even cooper radiator,distilled water with redline water wetter just to keep the engine temp optimum level yet onli boosting 0.7

so u just need to get urself better cooling system

6. 4G93NAPower

4G93NAPower Senior Member

R3 satria runs on VDO ECU tuned by R3 , you can't plug the R3 ecu on normal VDO Satria GTI it won't even start =)
    R3 camshaft's lift and duration is higher than normal satria GTI
    R3 Camshaft > SGTI & Putra > MMC 4G93(Normal 4G93 from japan halfcut)

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

R3 with high cam will have problem with aircond idling even though you have FICD and extra air suction since you can't adjust the idle RPM, unless you change to MMC Wirings

#26 4G93NAPower, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  7. 93na

93na 5 Year | Silver

4gna!!! thanks for the info bro!!! eeeemmmmmmm shall i do it or not!!!

8. 4G93NAPower

go to R3 and ask them to install the R3 stage 3 high cam, they will tune your ecu for you so you won't have idling problem =)

9. 93na

93na 5 Year | Silver

oh ok!!! where is that ah bro!!???:banghead::banghead:....

10. 4G93NAPower

give proton a ring and ask them about that =)

can't guide you because i went there with my friend and i was sleeping all the way until my friend wake me up when they want to jack the car up for camber setting

Well go for MMC wiring is for long term, no way you need to pay R3 a visit when you want to upgrade something.

anyway you just need year 2000 GTI wiring & ECU, ignition coil pack, airflow sensor, throttle body can get in like RM2300+ or less

#30 4G93NAPower, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  11. beatnik

beatnik Senior Member

There is no difference between the R3/SGTI/Putra stock camshaft. They are all using standard 4G93 cams. The only difference is the R3 has one adjustable cam pulley factory fitted (can't remember whether its the intake or exhaust pulley).

12. 93na

93na 5 Year | Silver

intake bro!!!! yup all using 4g93 cams for na!!!! not sure bout those from japan!!! gsr!!! i heard the lift are diff if u using gsr japan cams!!! correct me if i am wrong!!

13. wira_tak_laju

wira_tak_laju Senior Member

my prev 93 NA cams set up was gsr93t turbo cams just on exhaust side..have tried using both cams on my NA,doest work..why ?...93t cams on exhaust side has higher lift bcos it need to concentrate on producing more power before it goes to exhaust then turbine..whereas NA cams concentrate in intake side bcos power of NA engine depends on how much air intake volume

14. matnors

matnors Senior Member

got info from 1 workshop...
    among all 4g93 / 4g93t camshaft.. the highest lift & cun duration is cam shaft from satria GTI yr 2000 yes.. yr 2000 only...