R3 Inspira

Sylver

Jan 6, 2010
Subang Jaya
exactly.. a disgrace to call it a R3

I think you're missing the point here captain. What's "Race, Rally, Research" about this Inspira R3? And looking at the pictures they are calling it the Inspira R3. Like I said they should call it the Inspira S3, Show, Stylish and Slow. Why slow? Cause its not any faster.

see yourself.
Proton Inspira R3 – new hi-res image and more details

R3 is the something out of Proton that is actually worth something, that really is capable of living upto its Race, Rally, Research name. To bastardize it like this to sell more units is a disgrace. Next thing you know they will colour the Inspira in british racing green with a fancy bodykit and call it the Inspira Lotus edition.

as Jeremy would say, its rubbish.
bro, noticed i put the " "? I don't agree with it, but neither is it useful to bash about it. they gave the bodykit and rims for the new owners at no extra price, so i don't see any cons about that. it only benefits the new owners...slightly. (replacing those 18" tyres will be higher cost than those who kept the 16")

branding belongs to proton, and if it's okay with them, why are we bothered?

we all know R3 is capable of upgrading parts in the Inspira. but if they don't do it, there might be a reason, isn't it? just chill and let proton have their fun in marketing this. like i said, there is no cons for the consumers who wish to be Inspira owners.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
will go test the R3 1.8mt to see whether any enhancement on the overall performance....but SA says car not yet available in showroom...not all showroom has display..cos only 100 units for now.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
bro, noticed i put the " "? I don't agree with it, but neither is it useful to bash about it. they gave the bodykit and rims for the new owners at no extra price, so i don't see any cons about that. it only benefits the new owners...slightly. (replacing those 18" tyres will be higher cost than those who kept the 16")

branding belongs to proton, and if it's okay with them, why are we bothered?

we all know R3 is capable of upgrading parts in the Inspira. but if they don't do it, there might be a reason, isn't it? just chill and let proton have their fun in marketing this. like i said, there is no cons for the consumers who wish to be Inspira owners.
ya as i mentioned earlier they protn replace the term Inspira with R3 bodykits ; go see the newspaper or brochures.

its up to them as its their performance theme branding.
i would say only thing good is they didnt increase price and helps up with those who wanna mod looks :P

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
R3 will never be a AMG or a M (BMW). Proton owns the name, they can do what ever they want with it. Thank god! Mitsubishi insisted that they have to retain back the original ECU plus gearbox.
I would guarantee that Siemens would have Fxxx it up!
At least we can tune the ECU with a Tatrix cable using Open Source.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
yeah, someone already tuning it using cables and reflashing ecu now

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I posted the dyno chart earlier. About throughout10 HP
increase

Last edited:

ae92r

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
shame, why even brother name it R3 while there is no performance gain, but cosmetic change?

Proton has never lift me up in automotive market in malaysia. After years, all they can do is bought over someone blueprint, once again. And R3 supposed look into performance segment, but now just making cosmetic.

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

proton should stop their stupid marketing strategy. Limited Edition, Special Edition, it doesn't work anymore! It's all cheating game!
Better than Myvi SE & Extreme and Viva Elite Exclusive Edition from Perodua......???????? TRD and Impul also have Vios TRD version and Silpy Impul tuned car, still with stock engine.......nothing on engine performance also.......this is call marketing strategy.........there are many ways that u can get your car R3 tuned....just give them a call and they will assist you like any ah beng shop.....Ya tokeh....apa barang mau....?????

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
yea only here in msia this kind of marketing strategy works all the time and worse still just with kits/cosmetic looks and can increase price much more and people will still buy in droves especially for toyota/honda/p2

Sylver

Jan 6, 2010
Subang Jaya
I would say, it's commendable that proton placed this as a limited edition "gift" for people considering to purchase the inspira 1.8mt without costing extra. it's just like the marketing gimick of giving the 5 years free service during the hari raya promo. it's mainly to boost sales for the certain period.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
yea lets see how nice it is in flesh in a mths time

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
called proton to inqure whether the bodykit would be a aftermarket option for current inspira owners. They said no :bawling:

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
need to get hold of the bodykits supplier, i heard they can sell it

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bros
im driving a satria with 4g93p bolt on turbo
my prob is...when im revving at ard 3-3.5k ...there is this weird wongg wonggg sound occurs....it doesnt matter whether im in 1st 2nd or any gear...the sound will occur at that rpm...when it passes the 3.5k mark, then everything goes back to normal...
2nd prob....my engine oil i checked....it decreases to minimum level after travelling only for about 1k km....i dun see any leakage or what so ever....
plz help!!!:wavey:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience