Question about accident and insurance claim

2pac

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2004
PJ/Sban
Guys.. I'm not sure if this question has been asked before..

What happens if someone hit your car and then refuse to pay and also refuse to make police report?
Can we claim from that person's insurance?
What is the procedure for this type of case?

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
If you made a police report , and the person refuses..then he will get a ticket then .

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Yeah..... the person got a ticket..and most likely go to court as well...provided during the police report, u gave offender's license plate number...

wormyx

Known Member
Mar 2, 2008
i assume the TS's query is more to bout the "insurance" part.So they just ticket him, and how bout our car ??have to claim our insurance or the offenders ??

2pac

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2004
PJ/Sban
thanks guys.... actually my query is general about insurance and the police report too.. just want to know the procedure because i heard that if someone hit us and they don't make any report we CANNOT do anything and we can't claim their insurance.... :banghead:
Ok.. meaning... if I make a police report and the other party does not... then they will be slapped with a summon rite.... ok at least something lah...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
lets say someone hit yr car when u r not around or hit yr car, b4 u could notice his license plate, he had gone out of yr sight....then u have no choice but to either pay for yr own damage if its small damage or lodge a report and have it claim under yr own damage claim...thus effecting yr NCD..

or

if someone bang yr car, and if its obviously he is at wrong, e.g jumping que, hazardous parking, bang yr rear or rear side of yr body, came out from junction etc etc ...and he refuses to pay, then u should copy his number plate and possible his road tax disc no. you cant insist to see his license or ic if he refuse to give u. u may snap a pics of the car with the surrounding. this might help in yr police report. try get his phone number.

if after 24hrs he dont lodge a report, the sarjan will call him or send him a notice(warrant) for him to make report. if he still don make report, then we need to seek the sarjan's help to issue an " accident plan" to prove he is wrong, then u may proceed to claim the other party insurance without losing yr ncd.

2pac

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2004
PJ/Sban
lets say someone hit yr car when u r not around or hit yr car, b4 u could notice his license plate, he had gone out of yr sight....then u have no choice but to either pay for yr own damage if its small damage or lodge a report and have it claim under yr own damage claim...thus effecting yr NCD..

or

if someone bang yr car, and if its obviously he is at wrong, e.g jumping que, hazardous parking, bang yr rear or rear side of yr body, came out from junction etc etc ...and he refuses to pay, then u should copy his number plate and possible his road tax disc no. you cant insist to see his license or ic if he refuse to give u. u may snap a pics of the car with the surrounding. this might help in yr police report. try get his phone number.

if after 24hrs he dont lodge a report, the sarjan will call him or send him a notice(warrant) for him to make report. if he still don make report, then we need to seek the sarjan's help to issue an " accident plan" to prove he is wrong, then u may proceed to claim the other party insurance without losing yr ncd.
ah! ok if can claim the other party insurance then that will be good.
Ok thanks guys for the info :wavey:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
If he cabut / crash and run , what do we do ?..Chase him ?..Try out best to copy his/hers no. plate ? any other suggestion

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
If we crash and run how ?..haha

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Erm , IF an accident would occur , do we send the victim to the hospital by ourself or to call an ambulance since an ambulance could take years to come ?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Erm , IF an accident would occur , do we send the victim to the hospital by ourself or to call an ambulance since an ambulance could take years to come ?
ambulance.....

if u send and the fella died on the way to hospital...all blames to you...

if ambulance late come, u can call to urge. if they late, they blame ambulance.blame government.

i talked from my xp as a callman last time :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="335" height="250" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xOZNsSWcWDo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mazda is set to launch it's compact SUV, the all-new Mazda CX-5 compact crossover in 2012. It is the first SUV of its kind to feature the SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY engine technology. The SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY has one of the highest engine compression in history of 14.0:1. It is also one of the cleanest in the Mazda stable. Mazda has a new design theme, called the 'KODO - Soul...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience