putting catalytic converter near rear muffler

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys,

what is the effect of putting the catalytic converter all the way near the rear muffler? is it a huge power loss? will the catalytic converter still work?

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
the cat con operates at a certain temperature range only. any lower or higher, then it is no use.
Temperature range is between 600-700 degrees C.

and mind you, the honeycomb construction causes restriction to the exhaust flow; like putting thick cotton wool in your nostrils when you're trying to breathe out..difficult aye ? :)

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
If you really want the cat con to work, put is as close as possible to the manifold. It needs to be hot to work.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

nope..dun worry too much bout the cat con...it wont work after 2-3 yrs......
Bro seriously? Cat cont lifespan so short? Not even 5-7 years?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,

I am a newbie in car mods.... but damn interested to mod me car... I am looking for some sport springs.... I drive a Wira Aeroback 1.6 1999... with 16" rims....Which brand is good? How about absorbers? do I need to change them too?

Currently... my tyres hits the arch when I go for a bumpy ride... With the springs this prob would be resolved rite? they say my spring now is too lembut.

The cheaper the better... lol .... but I dun mind spending more to get better comfort or quality...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience