putting catalytic converter near rear muffler

VectorX2

Aug 23, 2010
hi guys,

what is the effect of putting the catalytic converter all the way near the rear muffler? is it a huge power loss? will the catalytic converter still work?

crazykatak

Mar 1, 2006
the cat con operates at a certain temperature range only. any lower or higher, then it is no use.
Temperature range is between 600-700 degrees C.

and mind you, the honeycomb construction causes restriction to the exhaust flow; like putting thick cotton wool in your nostrils when you're trying to breathe out..difficult aye ? :)

If you really want the cat con to work, put is as close as possible to the manifold. It needs to be hot to work.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

nope..dun worry too much bout the cat con...it wont work after 2-3 yrs......
Bro seriously? Cat cont lifespan so short? Not even 5-7 years?

Hey guys,

I am a newbie in car mods.... but damn interested to mod me car... I am looking for some sport springs.... I drive a Wira Aeroback 1.6 1999... with 16" rims....Which brand is good? How about absorbers? do I need to change them too?

Currently... my tyres hits the arch when I go for a bumpy ride... With the springs this prob would be resolved rite? they say my spring now is too lembut.

The cheaper the better... lol .... but I dun mind spending more to get better comfort or quality...