Put octopus in engine bay

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
any body installed grounding kit at their a32?

mind to share which point connect to?

I bought one set but not sure which point to connect :hmmmm:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
any body installed grounding kit at their a32?

mind to share which point connect to?

I bought one set but not sure which point to connect :hmmmm:
For a start , i would connect the starter, alternator, engine block, gearbox. If you still have extra connect it near to the headlights ground, ECU ground, near the TPS & MAF (That is if you can find the TPS and MAF ground location) and firewall.

But please note that you'll have to check your battery water every now and then. I installed mine (rounding kit) four years ago and my battery is still in good condition! It seems to prolong the life of my car battery. But I still replaced the battery just in case it goes bad. (Midnight in the middle of nowhere.)

This is my 2 cents.

SB3.

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
Hi sb3,

interested in grounding for a32, but too worried to start it, cos afraid that it'll cos some disruptions to the sensitive electronics sensors etc.

Can you further illustrate the points for termination? or perhaps have some photos? Plan to DIY

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
For a start , i would connect the starter, alternator, engine block, gearbox. If you still have extra connect it near to the headlights ground, ECU ground, near the TPS & MAF (That is if you can find the TPS and MAF ground location) and firewall.

But please note that you'll have to check your battery water every now and then. I installed mine (rounding kit) four years ago and my battery is still in good condition! It seems to prolong the life of my car battery. But I still replaced the battery just in case it goes bad. (Midnight in the middle of nowhere.)

This is my 2 cents.

SB3.
my battery no water level :love:

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
ground, can put direct to
-chassis
-engine
-ECU
-MAF

If you want, you can also do a direct +ve to the key, and ecu (but of course you need to put a relay) I did all this, cause the voltage drop from the battery to my key than to my ecu is about 0.5 volts

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Hi sb3,

interested in grounding for a32, but too worried to start it, cos afraid that it'll cos some disruptions to the sensitive electronics sensors etc.

Can you further illustrate the points for termination? or perhaps have some photos? Plan to DIY
Hi ctk32, You can practically ground ur negatives anywhere on the engine, chassis, cabin with metal body exposure, amplifier grounds or any metal parts of the car body if you have enough cables. BUT DON'T GROUND THE POSITIVE TERMINAL OF THE BATTERY , THE BAT+ TERMINAL OF THE ALTERNATOR (WHICH IS LINK TO THE POISITVE BATTERY TERMINAL, FOR CHARGING) and any terminal connector which is receiving power source from the battery.

Just ground near a car component and not on the wiring of the component itself.(ie a bracket or the screw of the component).

Last but not least , ENJOY YOUR DIY GROUNDING !

SB3.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Hi sb3,

BRO, dont worry you can ground any part of the car ie the body , engine (injectors, ecu ground,MAF, TPS AAC, starter, alternator, fuel pump,etc) firewall , chassis, cabin floor (which is exposed to the metal part) near to any bracket/bolts/nuts a eletronic/ electrical components. It will not disrupt any electrics. On the contrary , It might even improve the electrics of the car ie brighter headlights, longer battery life, etc.:biggrin:

However, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GROUND YOUR POSITIVE BATTERY TERMINAL AND ANY POWER SOURCE CABLE FROM THE BATTERY AND THE ALTERNATOR TERMINAL WHICH READS BAT+ (THAT IS FOR CHARGING YOUR BATTERY).

Last but not least, enjoy your diy groundings, hehehe....

SB3.
:biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

my battery no water level :love:
Then my friend, you have nothing to worry about . (What u cannot see wont hurt you.)
Hahaha.. just joking .

Is your battery a dry cell type or the manufacturer just sealed of the cover?

SB3.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
where is the hole for wire to go in room?
look at the firewall, there are some holes with a rubber seal cover. Some wires already punch through the rubber seal you can follow the same route.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
sure got one, use torch light and peek :) i push lots of cable in and out before (for AMPs, +ve and -ve)

The tricky part is to choose which holes :D cause if you put into wrong holes the wires will go into wrong direction and you will get hell tough time to pull it out under the dash board.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Just seal it back tightly when you are done , otherwise you will have alot of unwanted smell from your engiine compartment.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Oh yes, b4 you squeeze your head between the firewall and engine, make sure your bonnet shocks are in good condition otherwise..., you figure this one out. (Don't ask me how I know)

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Just seal it back tightly when you are done , otherwise you will have alot of unwanted smell from your engiine compartment.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Oh yes, b4 you squeeze your head between the firewall and engine, make sure your bonnet shocks are in good condition otherwise..., you figure this one out. (Don't ask me how I know)
haha :biggrin:

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
cheapest way to do repair ur bonnet shock, just bend it a little bit will do liao.
my is like tat. tak jatuh punya.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
cheapest way to do repair ur bonnet shock, just bend it a little bit will do liao.
my is like tat. tak jatuh punya.
Can close back or not after that ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="335" height="250" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r4wVb5QkZiQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Toyota test driver Akira Iida was able to get his hands on the Lexus LFA Nürburgring Edition around the Ring and gave his best resulting in record-breaking run around the circuit. Watch this high pitched V10 rumble through your veins as the test driver, tackles the circuit unbelieveably fast!

Source : Saluran LexusGlobal...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience