Purchasing a S15 NA (A)

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
Hey guys, need some advice from all the sifus's in here. My friend currently wants to sell me his S15 NA (auto) manufactured year 2002 for 90k to me. He has only done minor mods such as changing the whole exhaust system from Extractor to Muffler, Open pod air filter and 17Inch Rays Rims. My questions are :

1. Is 90k worth is for a NA ( auto ) silvia. Does the Auto gearbox give u any problems ?

2. Is it possible throw in a SR20DET Manual Halfcut into the car with minor changes ? i heard my mechanic dronning on and on about drive shaft not ngam., LSD not ngam... alot not ngam.. have to mod alot of stuff.

Thanks guys, appreciate any feedback given. Thanks.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
not a sifoo but i dont think it is worth it, a lot of hassles, and things may also not be done the right way during the auto/manual & sr20de/sr20det conversion, s15 halfcuts now are like rm12k? ive got a mech selling one for that price

better u get an s15 manual spec R right from the start; can be had from rm100k onwards

if im not mistaken the s15 NA auto one is a spec S, and i noe the spec R came with extra chassis bracing which u wont get by just transplanting d stuffs from an sr20det s15 halfcut

Nissan Silvia S15 Turbo 2.0 Manual - Cars for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

needs wider/crazier offset wheels though hehe

search around this forum, there are some really good ones on sale, with bonus stuffs

Cheers!

Last edited:

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
yep i second that..skip all the hassle..i've been doing some searching also on some mild modded spec Rs too..

not worth it to buy this kind of car with an auto tranny..does not fit the purpose..unless u're working in KL & drive it everyday..

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
Thanks guys... been doing some research on the car myself also, yeah, decided its too much of a hassle getting the car converted, have to let it lie in workhop... find parts... get a good mech...endorse engine... fine tune... :slug:

Guess its back to saving more for the Spec-R manual :)

Cheers

yaw90

Known Member
Jul 7, 2009
Instead of spending time and extra money.. better u get the manual spec R

that's my opinion :D good luck to u..

stan_76

Known Member
Dec 17, 2006
there is a bro from seremban selling his spec R for ard 90k.
for this price, rather start from a turbo machine rather a NA.

ichigo639

Jan 26, 2010
Subang Jaya
90k quite expensive lorr, i got s15 spec-s (na) but auto, i bought less than 80k, but i convert my transmission to manual at a workshop near mydin usj, he offer me around 2.5k complete parts including workmanship, s15 is really cool n sexy car, but even better if turbo n manual, he hee

stan_76

Known Member
Dec 17, 2006
90k quite expensive lorr, i got s15 spec-s (na) but auto, i bought less than 80k, but i convert my transmission to manual at a workshop near mydin usj, he offer me around 2.5k complete parts including workmanship, s15 is really cool n sexy car, but even better if turbo n manual, he hee
spec-s you'll get a single port front and rear, non-turbo ecu, na wiring, standard suspension. not to mention you are gettin' the SR20DE without the important T!!! plus you are having hassle to convert from auto to manual, and this will never ever match with factory fitments at all! and for the 10k savings do you think it's worth it?! i'd say rather stick to original spec-R and work from there..
my 2cents opinion...

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
leave the NA's to the hondas...

the real nissans are the turbocharged ones!

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
how much silvia spec S nowdays?? 110k, 85k or belo 80k??? converting to SR20DET is no problemo to me...in malaysia bolehland all can do...just small matter hehehe

DrifterKao

Known Member
Nov 30, 2006
i just sold my S15 spec R turbo auto year 2003 for 100k...damnnnnn!!!!

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...
juz wana share d result of my upgrade on LED lighting...

changing d led is easy, but be careful wif d dashboard panel.. bcoz is made by plastic..

from yellow to bright white...!... yippeee~~~ :biggrin:

another shot... V...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience