PS AFE on BT 20V..

glanza

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
kl/kelate
anyone has use this Air Fuel Enhancer from PS? i heard this is a good product from US but dunno the compatiblity with our 20V..ai hope someone feel free to share..:stupid:

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
there is a 17-page long discussion on their products here. Non specific application, but maybe you'll find it interesting.

Cheers! :burnout:

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
there is a 17-page long discussion on their products here. Non specific application, but maybe you'll find it interesting.

Cheers! :burnout:
search engine is my best friend actually...:adore:
already gone thru it and yes no specific application to 20V... which is why i'm following up with the thread owner question...
right now i'm considering other ecus whether piggy or standalone...:hmmmm:
anybody with 20V Blacktop using:-
- Haltech S500 or E6X
- Adaptronic
- Haltech Interceptor
- Unichip
- PS Powersports - AFE and/or battery enhancer

care to share your experience?
how about using high cams with VVT enable, anybody?
my consideration is caused of tuning and installation... coz of...:bawling:
"tuning and re-tune emanage cost around 300 - 350 each time"

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
I think the most common piggyback for 20V would be Emanage as I've seen quite a number of 20V owners using it already. Basically, most piggyback and standalone have more/less about the same feature... the question is finding the right tuner to fully utilize the management. IMO, no point installing even the most expensive EMS such as Motec if your tuner cant fully utilize it let alone properly tune your engine.

bro meg_omen: I think maximum duration for VVT with high cams would be 272°. If seen some claim that some could still run VVT with 280° but its gonna be pretty tight. You might want to refer to 9000rpm.net forums to check on this.
Retuning emanage depends on tuner and tuning shops, some will charge you from as low as RM150 (for wideband road tuning) and the cheapest I've known is around RM250 for dyno tuning. Best practice would be to install everything and tune at one go... but of cause as time moves on we will tend to upgrade parts and needs retuning again, but if its minor upgrade then maybe you might want to wait until you're comfortable to spend money on dyno tuning it again.

Last edited:

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
yup tuner...not all tuner give thier 100% potential...for sure...i would be doing the same thing...heeeee...

self tune would be nice...but hard to get the real deal...unless have tones of experience not to forget failures...cuz it's not easy to get from A to Z...

examples...Kegani...took years for them to achieves the priceless wins at S1k...

errrrr...am i out of topic here ? ngehhhh...

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
I think the most common piggyback for 20V would be Emanage as I've seen quite a number of 20V owners using it already. Basically, most piggyback and standalone have more/less about the same feature... the question is finding the right tuner to fully utilize the management. IMO, no point installing even the most expensive EMS such as Motec if your tuner cant fully utilize it let alone properly tune your engine.

bro meg_omen: I think maximum duration for VVT with high cams would be 272°. If seen some claim that some could still run VVT with 280° but its gonna be pretty tight. You might want to refer to 9000rpm.net forums to check on this.
Retuning emanage depends on tuner and tuning shops, some will charge you from as low as RM150 (for wideband road tuning) and the cheapest I've known is around RM250 for dyno tuning. Best practice would be to install everything and tune at one go... but of cause as time moves on we will tend to upgrade parts and needs retuning again, but if its minor upgrade then maybe you might want to wait until you're comfortable to spend money on dyno tuning it again.
as i said... the search engine is my friend... i already knew all this...
and i don't agree with your statement bold above... features and usability is different subject...
there's also people in SA who runs 290 with VVT... however their arena is different coz their ecu is local built...
you should knew me coz regular at Salak wshop...
for me cost is not an issue if it's justifiable...:proud:
i know the best would be Megasquirt, coz the owner must know everything... but the amount of time you've to spend to learn is crazy, due to other commitment...:hmmmm:

the question are:-
- would the tuner tune your engine properly and according to what the owner wants
- which is easier to tweak by the owner himself? of coz with proper tools and WB

you have a lof of experience with emanage, why don't you share the emanage portion like
- complete wiring diagram for 4age BT and ST
- wiring up WB O2 to emanage for autotune

imagine this ya --> i've being asked whether my emanage wiring is properly done... this is on the 3rd tuning and dyno at the same place...:stupid:

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
as i said... the search engine is my friend... i already knew all this...
and i don't agree with your statement bold above... features and usability is different subject...
there's also people in SA who runs 290 with VVT... however their arena is different coz their ecu is local built...
you should knew me coz regular at Salak wshop...
for me cost is not an issue if it's justifiable...:proud:
i know the best would be Megasquirt, coz the owner must know everything... but the amount of time you've to spend to learn is crazy, due to other commitment...:hmmmm:

the question are:-
- would the tuner tune your engine properly and according to what the owner wants
- which is easier to tweak by the owner himself? of coz with proper tools and WB

you have a lof of experience with emanage, why don't you share the emanage portion like
- complete wiring diagram for 4age BT and ST
- wiring up WB O2 to emanage for autotune

imagine this ya --> i've being asked whether my emanage wiring is properly done... this is on the 3rd tuning and dyno at the same place...:stupid:
Hmm.... sorry lah bro... I didnt know that you're a regular at Salak workshop...hehehe
Anyways, my bad on the features & usability as I was actually replying that to the thread starter in regards to the PS AFE.
Well... SA and Malaysia is not much different actually, as we also have our own local built ECU... heard of Protech? But I believe, running VVT with higher cams is more of a mechanical issue rather than electronical issue due to the valve lift & clearance especially during VVT is activated. Anyways, based on most cam manufacturer's spec 272 should be the max when retaining the stock VVT function.

i) Yes, there are turners who will go to extra lengths to get the tuning properly done... but it would usually take up a lot of time. I've seen tuners who will do dyno tuning for starters and finishing it off with road tuning for a more finer tuning. However, 1 tune would never be enough as usually you wont be able to find the sweet spot during the first tune. Mostly you would have to revisit the second or third time. If the tuner is not up to your expectations, its time to move one to another tuner perhaps.
ii) i guess any piggyback is easier to tune when compared to standalone.

well, i dont have a lot of experience with emanage... just slowly learning only through forums/friend and from other tuners and mechs. For complete wiring for BT & ST, I think you can find it on the emanage manual (or search online). Basically you'll need the BT & ST ECU wiring pinout and you're good to go. As for wiring up WB02 to emanage, there is a diagram online too... but I can only remember the WB02 output being connected to the boost socket. Only one output wire from WB02 is connected to the boost socket on the emanage.

If your emanage wiring is not properly done, you would have issues even tuning it at the first place. Perhaps we could meet up at Achai's and I can have a look at ur map and maybe u can try my map as well. :driver:

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
no issue in doing that...
do you have anything that can do dataloging...:hmmmm:

btw, it's very hard to get the wiring diagram nowadays... coz em blue is considered old model...:bawling:

some info if you browse thru --> http://www.diytuning.com/forums/index.php

to thread owner --> apologies if it seems i've hijacked this thread, just wanted more infromation related to ecu...
btw, nowadays techinal duscussion is getting lesser...:burnout:

Last edited:

glanza

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
kl/kelate
nevermind bro meg since we still got something from here..but a bit disapointed bcoz too limited info for PS product on 20V.

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
no issue in doing that...
do you have anything that can do dataloging...:hmmmm:

btw, it's very hard to get the wiring diagram nowadays... coz em blue is considered old model...:bawling:

some info if you browse thru --> http://www.diytuning.com/forums/index.php

to thread owner --> apologies if it seems i've hijacked this thread, just wanted more infromation related to ecu...
btw, nowadays techinal duscussion is getting lesser...:burnout:
As for dataloging, E-manage blue can do that. It can even datalog AFR and chart it along with RPM, TPS, MAP... etc. Then you can trace the AFR to the map and adjust accordingly (it will highlight the affected areas).
However, please note that auto-tuning is not possible with E-manage Blue... at least when using the E-manage Support Tool. I've read in some emanage forums that autotune is possible when using some third party software but I've tried it and it doesn't work. Note that Autotune is currently supported with the Ultimate.

As for wiring, you can try this website: http://www.greddy.com/tech-support/e-manage/
But i noticed the diagrams over there are quite outdated as I have a printed original Emanage Instruction Manual with diagrams for AE101/AE111 4AGE. The one on the web only shows diagrams for AE86 4AGE. Maybe I'll scan mine and upload it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i m driving a waja 4g18 (M) 2004 end with minor mods. my version does not have abs and airbags.

currently i want to see if it is possible to retro-fit ABS into my waja. anyone done it before? any realiable service centers?? rouhly howmuch will it cost?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience