May 13, 2010
The Mines
i bet it was the power tr unit was the main culprit :p

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Oops. Sorry but all I get from youtube .. .We're processing this video. Check back later. :bawling:

Nothing particularly interesting in the video. Just the engine starting without any hesitation. So beguiling why it wont start an hour earlier. I wonder if the coolant temperature sensor is faulty
Although my ex-car was just a 4G15, I had similar issues. My mech friend setup a relay for my starter (manual to auto issues) and the problem like yours persisted. in the end it was the coolant temp sensor. We managed to replicate the problem fortunately with the PDT plugged in. Perhaps just try cleaning out all the sensors with contact cleaner?

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
We managed to replicate the problem fortunately with the PDT plugged in. Perhaps just try cleaning out all the sensors with contact cleaner?
It's very fortunate to have PDT plugged in.

How does one clean a coolant sensor? Looks like a fully sealed unit with just a terminal protruding out. I cleaned the terminals of the 3 sensors; coolant, engine oil temperature and temp gauge sensor. Also tried starting with it unplugged to see if the ECU would use default fail safe values.

Attachments

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
* Plug Wires - replaced with new

* Spark Plugs - replaced with new

* Ignition Coil - replaced with new

* Fuel Pump - replaced with new

* Power TR Unit - replaced with new

* Coolant Temperature sensor - replaced with new

Engine when it does start, is real smooth but it's still same story, wont start in the mornings. :banghead: KNN

* Crank/Cam sensor unit - not replaced because there's no new units. Dont fancy used/recond parts

Think I might have to leave it at the workshop till it one day wont start in the morning for them. Any suggestions as to where I might have overlooked?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
need "sai kong" to chant ur car dy. Hehehe...:"jokes"
How about battery, try put new battery before start in morning. ignore if u try dy.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
need "sai kong" to chant ur car dy. Hehehe...:"jokes"
How about battery, try put new battery before start in morning. ignore if u try dy.
Battery is newish. Did try once with jumper attached to another car. Just in case battery was weak.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just covering all angles bro. I heard a weak crank may not start
Depends on your car ignition. My neighbor I have heard before when her second car not driven much sometimes battery weak, it churns slowly when crank, but after 2nd try it starts even though the crank was slow.....lol :rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
* Plug Wires - replaced with new

* Spark Plugs - replaced with new

* Ignition Coil - replaced with new

* Fuel Pump - replaced with new

* Power TR Unit - replaced with new

* Coolant Temperature sensor - replaced with new

Engine when it does start, is real smooth but it's still same story, wont start in the mornings. :banghead: KNN

* Crank/Cam sensor unit - not replaced because there's no new units. Dont fancy used/recond parts

Think I might have to leave it at the workshop till it one day wont start in the morning for them. Any suggestions as to where I might have overlooked?

Wow... your car has gremlins like mine. When you say in the morning it doesn't start, in what sense? what are the symptoms?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wow... your car has gremlins like mine. When you say in the morning it doesn't start, in what sense? what are the symptoms?
To what I gather, can crank but won't fire up. Later in afternoon no problems......lol:biggrin:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
To what I gather, can crank but won't fire up. Later in afternoon no problems......lol:biggrin:
Like Bro VR mentioned, the starter cranks really well but the engine wont fire up in the mornings. Later in the afternoon, it starts on one crank like there's no issue at all.

Take for example, it won't start at 11.30am. No matter how I crank it, it just wont fire up. Then I go out for some food and comes back at 12.30 pm. It starts on one crank.

It feels very much like a temperature issue but aside from the coolant temperature sensor which I have just changed, what other temp sensors are there?

As an aside, there has been 2 occasions when I managed to start it before pre-dawn around 5 am. Took a long time cranking before it starts. Once driven around, it has no issues for the rest of the day. It's possible once it passes dawn, the issue will manifest. By that I mean if I try to start after 6-6.30, it wont start till later past noon.

*Ghost in the machine* :bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi...I have a Nissan March K12. Does anybody know if there is any HID Projector Lamp Conversion Kit for it? Currently im using an HID conversion kit but using the normal reflectors....the beam is too wide and im sure it kinda distracts the oncoming cars.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience