Proton Wira/Persona Fuse Box Diagram?

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
cold morning, petrol tank not in pressure. Hard to start.
Hot day time, tank on pressure.
with those twisted tubing.....hmmm.
Same case as my old sentra radiator. Opposite flow. :banghead:
Petrol tank located below the car. So even on apparent sunny morning, the ground below is shadowed and cool. Likely the reason why it can only be started after a certain time. Will be more certain come tomorrow morn.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
After.

I haven't driven this car much since it came back from the workshop. It wasn't drive-able till only recently.
Petrol tank located below the car. So even on apparent sunny morning, the ground below is shadowed and cool. Likely the reason why it can only be started after a certain time. Will be more certain come tomorrow morn.
So was that the problem?

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Damn. Still won't start. Not even after I changed the spark plugs. And it's a really hot day. Now 1.30pm and still wont start.

Back to the drawing board :hmmmm2:

Old plug looks okay to me.

Attachments

Last edited:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Oops. Sorry but all I get from youtube .. .We're processing this video. Check back later. :bawling:

Nothing particularly interesting in the video. Just the engine starting without any hesitation. So beguiling why it wont start an hour earlier. I wonder if the coolant temperature sensor is faulty

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
should check the petrol tubing from tank until engine bay. Just to confirm no more twisted here n there.
early morning before 1st start, take out the tubing before filter at engine bay. Get a fren Switch ON (dont crank), let the pump run n see got a lot petrol purge out.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
should check the petrol tubing from tank until engine bay. Just to confirm no more twisted here n there.
Thanks. I checked the piping yesterday when the car was jacked up.

You saw from the video that once outside of the time range, the car starts easily. Today can only start at 3pm. I guess the early morning downpour must have shifted the time range. The car runs well once it's started. Short of being unable to build up necessary fuel pressure, it looks unlikely to be a fuel issue. Furthermore, the fuel pump and filter are new.

I think it's more of a temperature issue. Possible the engine coolant sensor could be sending erroneous readings. The ECU requires these readings so that changes can be made to the engine’s timing and fuel calculations for optimal performance, as engines require more fuel when they are cold, and less fuel when they are fully warmed up. Tomorrow, when the car cannot start, I will try to unplug the sensor & trigger the ecu to fall back on default values. See if that will start the engine

I found a thread where someone reported it caused hard starting in the cold > http://www.4gtuner.com/topic/22023-coolant-temp-sensor/

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Starting requires fuel and spark. Like bro. sweelt mentioned test for incoming fuel, then remove one plug, attached plug cable, ground side to metal, then crank and see if there is spark. If have spark, should start, unless fuel not injected into combustion chamber....

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, there's only one of me. I dont have anyone else to start the car OR eye the plug.

Anyway, today's another rainy morning. At 9am, it started on the second kick of the starter :dontknow:

Yesterday evening, I did clean up the area around the coolant temperature sensor.

Have to wait till tomorrow to see again

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro, there's only one of me. I dont have anyone else to start the car OR eye the plug.

Anyway, today's another rainy morning. At 9am, it started on the second kick of the starter :dontknow:

Yesterday evening, I did clean up the area around the coolant temperature sensor.

Have to wait till tomorrow to see again
Coolant cold easier to start, like mine cold start take over and idling higher also....lol

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
After tank change, engine still no change, still don't want to wake up in the morning...........lol
Lol .. my bad for taking so long to have this fixed. It only happens in the mornings and that clashes with my work hours.

I left the car at the workshop for 3 days. Maybe it's because they kept the car indoors within the shop, for 3 straight days, it starts without issues every morning. Only when I take the car back and park within my apartment grounds, that it wont start.

So far, have changed fuel pump, spark plugs, plug wires & coil pack.

Coils changed because when I sprayed fine mist of water on it, I noticed some arcing. Still wont start in the morning. :bawling:

Notice that water from the windshield washer nozzle drips on the Power Transistor unit. When I remove the unit from the bracket, there's a some water pooling below on the bracket. Now waiting for a new unit to arrive from AliExpress. Even if it's not that, tak apa la. Can keep as spare.

Just hope it's not the crank/camshaft sensor assembly that's causing it.

Edit:: I have no idea why the bottom lip of my Power Tr unit's connector is broken. I wonder if it got replaced at the claim's shop.

Attachments

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bros
I have been browsing volkswagen polo for a while and im very much in love with the car
just a question...any bros here own one ?
mind to share on the maintenance and cost wise?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience