Proton Satria 97 Need Changes

Garyu87

Jan 30, 2010
Negeri Sembilan
I'm a car newbie and a forum newbie, please be thoughtful.

I think I need to change my proton engine.
I'm actually having problem in the morning when starting. I can start but after that the car sounds like its going to off and it did when i pump some petrol. In the afternoon it is perfect and also on the road.
I did many repairing still no luck, clean the carb, change oil filter and etc. Ive ask some engine specialize and the recommended me two things, 1st change a new carb, 2nd overhaul, when i ask them if I do either ones can my problem be solved they gave me a vague anwser and they are not sure.

Okay now I'am thinking to change a new engine. Some of my friends ask me to change to a turbo engine the other suggest a N/A engine. One thing is i don't want turbo engine because it consume alot of petrol from my friends. So i decided to take a N/A engine, can anyone suggest a good one and also the pricing plus the etc things that are needed.

If possible can someone suggest a good foremen at Seremban N.S so that i won't get chop off.
I also need some advice is it okay to change engine or to buy a new car?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
hi,
carb engine after 10 years, its common for cold start, just let the car idle for bout 5-10mins then u slowly ram the accelerator, should be ok. the drawback for the engine is just morning cold start....

if u really intend to change engine, go for 4G91 1.5 dohc engine. fuel injection and powerful yet good fc. price wise, around 3-4k budget for a simple engine swap. when efi engine, morning cold start not a problem.

BLANk

1,500 RPM
Dec 28, 2007
Sardine
www.zerotohundred.com
bro...are u driving a 1.3l satria?

if yes...the auto-choke pushrod and thermostat got stuck due to rust...just get the choke replacement kit will do and replace it...no need change the whole carbie or transplant the engine if the engine still serve u well...

some pichas for you....^^
this is where the thermostat located....u can see it frm in front when u pop up the bonnet...got a 19" hexagon screw on right side of the carbie...

and here is the pushrod located...

the pushrod...

the choke replacement kit...

forgotten to snapped the thermostat pulak...:banghead:

hope this help~~~:smokin:

Last edited:

Garyu87

Jan 30, 2010
Negeri Sembilan
Mine is a 1.3.
The choke replacement kit cost how much?

4G91 1.5 dohc engine cost 3-4k engine only, doesn't include other parts? Is it a N/A engine?
how much for the JPJ side?

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
4G91 mitsu would be a good choice...my friend just change engine...the FC is good...plus it got quite good power for daily driven car...

Garyu87

Jan 30, 2010
Negeri Sembilan
round 20-30 bucks means RM20-30 is it?

4G91 mitsu is it a turbo or an N/A engine?
Do i need to pay for other parts like suspension, plug, or other to make it fully functional?(sorry for some noob question)

Can give me the rough figure for everything including jpj?

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
4g91 is 1.5 DOHC engine...NA...if you hunger for power...can always bolt on turbo anytime...suspension no need to replace...spark plug just use normal...you can use your old plug if it's still in good condition...you can use back all the parts like radiator,steering,drive shaft and all(currently using) back if you want to(if i'm not mistaken,i'm not a mitsu expert)...just buy a complete whole engine...the whole cost will be 3k-4k...including workmanship...

Bevan

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
I recommend you don't change bro. Take your time and try to find the problem. That way you can learn more and love your car more. Its a great car trust me ^^

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
if you want too keep the car for long term n you can afford a transplant... its better to opt for an EFI engine.. it has better fuel consumption.. 4G91 1.5 Dohc is a good engine with better hp n torque.. can use as daily and it also hv good potential for future upgrades with 4G9X series of mix and match parts...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The finished table

my engine gone, blown beyond repairs

take the engine home and dismantle and do some power wash + degrease...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience