Proton Saga BLM

mivec_mivec

Known Member
Oct 21, 2007
dunno why all said that the throttle response is low..i'm not the BLM owner,but I've seen,up to 400m battle BLM with IAFM standard,against WISE high cam mod+exhaust..the result is BLM last with quarter car only.
for IAFM owner,u may try push ur gas up to 7Krpm and see how..try up to gear 4..i think the performance oso seems good.:listen:

Jan 16, 2009
Throttle problem for me....:banghead:... Very hard to control especially 1st gear & 2nd gear.... i don't like the sound when v switch 1st gear to 2nd... any suggestion?:confused:

pahlawi

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Penang
pahlawi.multiply.com
saga still selling old price....1st january onward..new price will increase rm1500.00
The price increase with additional accessories applied to B-LINE and M-LINE only:
a) Trunk Lid Cover
b) Tinted Window
c) Immobilizer
d) 1st Aid Kit
e) Safety Triangle
f) Luggage Tray
g) Door Visor

(The actual delivery on this update version of new SAGA to customer will only take effect once we fullfiled all current outstanding booking (as 31st July 2008) or tentatively in January 2009. However effective 1st August 2008, all new bookings foe SAGA will be based on the updated specification i.e additional item list above.

With all additional items installed, the OTR for B-LINE and M-LINE SAGA have also been revised as appended below. GRAB FROM MARKETING DEPARTMENT)

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
anyone have seen a silver BLM no plate wrv 149? i think it did more than 190km/h on hiway heading to kuantan on 18 jan 2009.. :P never catch up with it..even a merc 190E having a bad day trying to keep up with it

Jan 30, 2009

Hi All,
All goes the same. Not very happy with the throttle response and sound insulation.
That aside, everything is kinda fine for a local below rm35k car.

lamboqs

Feb 4, 2009
www.protonclub.com
i bought my BLM last year July.. M-Line, auto, zircon green.. i'm totally satisfied with my car.. the handling and the engine the most.. even it only S4PE but the IAFM helps to make the engine feel more power, than my last Iswara 4G13P.. i heard some others got a problem with the car.. leaking absorbers, IAFM malfunction etc.. but, majorily, power windows switch is easily broken.. one of my friends replace it three times already & 1 time for myself.. luckily it still under warranty.. so, F.O.C. from service centre..

cm_moo

Known Member
Mar 21, 2005
i drive the saga blm around 4 month above..... it is really not bad... only the accelerate speed not so good.... relay quiet strong... i think around 2-3second...but the top speed also can go up to 170km/h if for budget one... saga blm is a choice....

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Been driving my sis car right now for 1 week.... lotsa place to go.... return average 12km/liter

nice :love:

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2009
I own the Saga BLM...overal this car is a good and comfort car. You can get all information about this car through this www.prosboc.com there u can get all information about Saga BLM.:love:

keithmin

Known Member
Apr 3, 2007
anyone have seen a silver BLM no plate wrv 149? i think it did more than 190km/h on hiway heading to kuantan on 18 jan 2009.. :P never catch up with it..even a merc 190E having a bad day trying to keep up with it
u "think" u did MORE THAN 190 ?...u modded anything ? coz my fren complain to me that its hard to go up after 170km/h, or u took a very long time to reach that speed ? after all its only 1.3, the advantages r "campro"

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
u "think" u did MORE THAN 190 ?...u modded anything ? coz my fren complain to me that its hard to go up after 170km/h, or u took a very long time to reach that speed ? after all its only 1.3, the advantages r "campro"
no, the saga did..i onli did 170km/h..the merc? god knows.. but the saga gone just like that..i was hoping to meet up with the saga at any plaza tol to hear the engine sound but no luck..but good news is, the saga frequent use lebuh raya pantai timur..maybe after this, with some luck can hear the engine..maybe hi-cam, maybe supercharger, maybe take out everything and put mivec..who knows.. :)

and oh i drive a wira..

Last edited:

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
well , proton saga is made by PROTON , we all have to bare in mind the brand. well we all noe its faults but at the end its cheap to run and maintain and we still buy it, last weekend i was driving to mantin and was sandwiched by 4 proton saga blm. for a while i felt like i was in a convoy , well basicly i feel for the price its the best bargain as u get a full sedan with a huge boot , biggest in its class as claimed by proton , obviously most buyers have upgraded to bigger 15-16 inch rims and better suspension . frankly its not a bad looking car , looks decent with some mods , i m sure adding a k&n air filter ( if they already have one that fits blm) , get a proper exhaust system and high quality spark plugs the car will even perform better , many have claimed that the iafm gives good results so if u want better performance do the other mods.

the bad thing for this car is the interior , much better then the previous saga but plastic , i mean in our weather the steering will feel like touching an oven after parking in d sun but again cost was a factor i suppose and proton felt it was the best .

final verdict > if u r a new driver or ur a person that needs a car to travel from a - b this car will do that just fine just bare with all the minor defects which proton will gladly repair for free as long as its under warranty and u have the time to run up and down their service center. be prepared for

1.power window failure
2.power window switch problems
3.weird noises all around the car ( squeaks expecially )
4. bad , bad , bad nvh ( sound insulation)
5. and if ur luck really bad , it myt burn down ( happen to first few satria neo )