Proton Preve swap 4B10/11 engine

lord_nasherz

Known Member
Apr 2, 2008
Hi forumers.

Is it possible to swap my auto-tranny Proton Preve iAFM engine with Inspira/Lancer GT Engine and legal to be driven on the road?

I have been searching anywhere but I couldn't find anything related to this. I only managed to find Preve swapped with evo engines. I do not wish to convert my Preve to a turbocharged engine, just want to swap with simple NA engine with auto -tranny. Currently the 1.6l Campro iAFM engine feels very heavy and underpowered. Perhaps converting to 2.0l engine would help to balance the power to weight ratio a bit.

Thanks in advance for any advice provided.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Hi forumers.

Is it possible to swap my auto-tranny Proton Preve iAFM engine with Inspira/Lancer GT Engine and legal to be driven on the road?

I have been searching anywhere but I couldn't find anything related to this. I only managed to find Preve swapped with evo engines. I do not wish to convert my Preve to a turbocharged engine, just want to swap with simple NA engine with auto -tranny. Currently the 1.6l Campro iAFM engine feels very heavy and underpowered. Perhaps converting to 2.0l engine would help to balance the power to weight ratio a bit.

Thanks in advance for any advice provided.
prettymuch no

campros mounting are rather similar to the 4g so its doable.... but its not legal. the b series is alot lot lot more work for very little gain (given the cost involved as well as legal matters)
imo either swap in the turbo campro or sell the car and get the turbo preve.. very good value these days

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
oh no... is there any other option for non-turbo engine swap?
edited my reply....
any non turbo worth the effort? aimple answer, no.

if ur intention is to keep costs down, stock turbo preve will do fine

lord_nasherz

Known Member
Apr 2, 2008
edited my reply....
any non turbo worth the effort? aimple answer, no.

if ur intention is to keep costs down, stock turbo preve will do fine
I see. so I should just convert my preve from iAFM to CFE then.

Thanks

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
No. Only Inspira and Perdana can transplant 2L and above engines.
All other Proton models are limited to below 2L. JPJ ruling.

Thanks
Just sell yours and buy a CFE model

Why?
1. Less hassle, less chances of shit going wrong
2. When it's time to sell the car, people are paying you iAFM price, not CFE price. Because that's what on the geran.

Reactions: gunnerzz and Izso

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
i dont know preve got non-turbo version as well. same as exora la, have turbo and na version.. or maybe exactly same engine?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
i dont know preve got non-turbo version as well. same as exora la, have turbo and na version.. or maybe exactly same engine?
Got....1.6 NA paired with CVT.
'Excellent' fuel consumption.

One way to spot is by looking at the left fog lamp. If the black cover is totally closed then its NA. If its opened then its CFE.

So, if i saw someone bending over to check a Preven front left fog lamp then i know most probably its u...hahahah.

Reactions: Izso

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Got....1.6 NA paired with CVT.
'Excellent' fuel consumption.

One way to spot is by looking at the left fog lamp. If the black cover is totally closed then its NA. If its opened then its CFE.

So, if i saw someone bending over to check a Preven front left fog lamp then i know most probably its u...hahahah.
hahaha... i wont do that, but its a good advice. i will just treat all preves as turbo preve, as I did before..

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Never into the Preve, so I did not know either......lol
Actually, i had once considering preve as one of the options apart from inspira, before committing with markx. i think for a big sedan family car, preve and inspira is a good value for money. but of course choose preve turbo, do not go for na. same as exora turbo. 1.6 exora turbo is really a par with 2.0 engine, my brother used to drive 2.0 wish and he said the power is similar.
i think thats why it is fun to drive a suprima, since it has lighter chassis.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Thanks
Converting from IAFM to CFE will be very messy like bro ixeo mentioned and its not worth the effort and money spent.

Preve CFE and Suprima CFE are super cheap and its put together by Proton.

Even Preve CFE and Suprima CFE got basic trim model with less lesser equipment such as no paddle shifter, no front parking sensor, lesser airbag?, etc... Might as well buy a 2nd hand premium CFE Preve or Suprima. U get the engine that u want and all the gadget is added bonus.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Actually, i had once considering preve as one of the options apart from inspira, before committing with markx. i think for a big sedan family car, preve and inspira is a good value for money. but of course choose preve turbo, do not go for na. same as exora turbo. 1.6 exora turbo is really a par with 2.0 engine, my brother used to drive 2.0 wish and he said the power is similar.
i think thats why it is fun to drive a suprima, since it has lighter chassis.
Just in case u did not know, the throttle mapping in the Exora CFE is more agressive compared to Suprima CFE and Preve CFE. I would prefer that agressive throttle on the Preve and Suprima.

The Exora accelerate like a businessman being chased by LHDN while the Preve and Suprima is more linear like drinking kopi-o in the morning.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
iinm there is a non turbo IAFM preve. but only manual version was release for that. all the CVT version are turbo CFE. but TS one is auto IAFM.

if u want non-turbo swap with better power, do like what others do, swap in 4G92 mivec. or 4G93 block with 4G92 mivec top. or just get a DOHC 4G93. all depends on your budget.:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Apart from driving schools, one usually pick up driving habits from people around them – parents, friends, etc. However, there are tendencies where a driver adopts bad driving habits that need to be changed, however slight it might be. This change may just improve things for the better as it involves driving comfort and safety.

Of course, behaviours like driving while texting or switching lanes without indicating are obviously wrong, but according to professional drivers and studies...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience