Proton parts any good?

=..=

Aug 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
So i just changed my spark plug cable and it costed me rm330 lol. even though i was shocked with the price i just went for it since its proton parts.

question is what justifies it to be at this price? others only priced at around 100rm.

and are other proton parts any good in general? im looking to just buy any other branded parts next time.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So i just changed my spark plug cable and it costed me rm330 lol. even though i was shocked with the price i just went for it since its proton parts.

question is what justifies it to be at this price? others only priced at around 100rm.

and are other proton parts any good in general? im looking to just buy any other branded parts next time.
My question is where did you change them?

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
I guess Proton spark plug cable is better than those rm100 cheap cables anytime. I used those cheap ones and lost a bit performance and only lasted less than 2 years.

=..=

Aug 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
bought at proton sc and go chg at other workshop since always full. i checked the part number others selling online around same price.

back to topic proton parts any good or not.

=..=

Aug 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if the stock ones lasted 8-10 years previously, then it's good :)
brand new genuine ones are good.
my original one in my neo which i bought aug 2010 spoiled. but then i checked the part number of this part online selling around rm100, so i guess its good. hope this new one no need change for 10 years lol.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I guess Proton spark plug cable is better than those rm100 cheap cables anytime. I used those cheap ones and lost a bit performance and only lasted less than 2 years.
RM100? I got mine aftermarket brand like around RM50 only. Thought spark plug cable should be ok, but after a year plus it crack and leak....:banghead:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Genuine Proton parts are good. Just that the price is steep compared to others. Take for example driver side 'Japan Mari' central lock cost RM8xx for Perdana but really smooth operation and long lasting.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

RM100? I got mine aftermarket brand like around RM50 only. Thought spark plug cable should be ok, but after a year plus it crack and leak....:banghead:
RM50 plug cable you got to be kidding me. :eek:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
for sure better RM300 proton better than RM100 unknown...

unless you compare item with similar price..

i bought from aftermarket around RM200 last time...still survive after 6 years.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
rm300 is about alright for proton plug cables. Should last at least 5 years. My uncle's proton cable lasted 20 years, until crack developed on the insulation.....and cause arching and engine judder. He could actually wrap rubber around the cracked cable...and fixed the problem.

For him,

RM300/20 years= 15bucks/year. What more can he ask for?

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
my original one in my neo which i bought aug 2010 spoiled. but then i checked the part number of this part online selling around rm100, so i guess its good. hope this new one no need change for 10 years lol.
well..at least check and replace the spark plugs more often. foul plugs leads to ignition coil failure and also might damage the plug cables..

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Genuine Proton parts are good. Just that the price is steep compared to others. Take for example driver side 'Japan Mari' central lock cost RM8xx for Perdana but really smooth operation and long lasting.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

RM50 plug cable you got to be kidding me. :eek:
No joke brother. Crack after a year use, some more crack all along the cable. Fitted back the old original cable even better....:biggrin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Why bother? U already bought it. U can now survey good aftermarket parts and compare the prices. And since you are using ori proton part, you don't have to worry whether it is reliable or not. And whether proton parts r good or not, it depends... If your ori cable is the same as the new one, the lifespan would pretty much be the same isn't it? Unless your first ori cables have defects.

=..=

Aug 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Why bother? U already bought it. U can now survey good aftermarket parts and compare the prices. And since you are using ori proton part, you don't have to worry whether it is reliable or not. And whether proton parts r good or not, it depends... If your ori cable is the same as the new one, the lifespan would pretty much be the same isn't it? Unless your first ori cables have defects.
why i bother because im planning for next time parts to change. and the question was are the parts any good or as good/reliable as aftermarket parts. checked bosch cables are around rm100 -150(ori??)~.

the cables are different between my ori and new.... the part numbers on the cables are different, pricing also different 100~ and 300~.

after checking the new cable is for cps models. i bought my neo baseline model maybe cutdown all cost. but i must admit now throttle i play no need go half way, only quarter press can go already. not sure if placebo but more pick up.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The increasing numbers of hybrid vehicles on public roads is a blessing but that also increases the chances of one being involved in an accident and if mishandled during rescue efforts, the high voltage electrical system could bring about further peril instead.

With that in mind, Honda Malaysia recently brought together selected government agencies for a safety talk on the subject of handling and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience