PROTON ISWARA jerking when it's cold

kowkl

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
Hi Guys,

I would like to check if anyone driving an iswara 1.3 aeroback. The problem is it's jerking when cold start. I've changed the sparkplug, cables but still the problem is there. When it's cold I rev the car and it's takes about 4 to 5 sec for the rpm to go up. When driving, it feels like it's going on 3 cylinder. It's ok after about 5 to 7 min drive.:mad:

Any sugesstion.

Tks.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
carburetor engine, its normal for a cold start, allow it to idle for few mins then u will get a smooth ride....

josephlauby

Known Member
Apr 10, 2009
Penang
Previously had the same problem. Cold start, engine not responsive, rev(s) terrible about 500-600rpm (without air-con) and the list goes on. But after I had my engine serviced (the regular one) last Monday, well, everything has improved. Upon starting the engine, it now runs at 1200rpm. Engine is stable even with the air conditioning turned on which drops to 900-1000rpm...

kowkl

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
josephlauby,

What did you do ? I mean the normal service ??

skywalker,

Is it expensive to get the carburetor autochoke replaced ??

Tks for the responds

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
skywalker,

Is it expensive to get the carburetor autochoke replaced ??

Tks for the responds
cheaper den replace the whole carburetor... but finding a mechanic who knows how to repair autochoke is tricky... need to dismantle the carburetor into pieces...

labulabi

Known Member
Feb 12, 2009
it's tricky indeed but no need to dismantle it to pieces. all you need to do is just unscrew the old autochoke with a new one. sounds easy right. well it's not.

changed my choke twice.now it leaked again and i just ignore it.

kowkl

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
it's tricky indeed but no need to dismantle it to pieces. all you need to do is just unscrew the old autochoke with a new one. sounds easy right. well it's not.

changed my choke twice.now it leaked again and i just ignore it.

Labulabi,

Is this a common problem with iswara ? Where did you get yr autochoke replace, want to try. Sometime i pity my wife have to warmup so long before can get going.

Do anyone know where to convert to power steering for iswara ?

Tks.

labulabi

Known Member
Feb 12, 2009
some do experience this. once the karat started building up in the coolant, bit by bit it'll mess the choke.

i used to run without choke and no thermostat. it doesnt take too long to warm up .just hold the appropiate throttle. hmmm. even now my choke isn't working perfectly.

i've done it here in melaka. many mechs can do this. just survey.

kowkl

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
Bro,

Thanks for all the info, I've just got the autochoke changed and the mechanic told me he have to modify a bit coz if not if karat then problem. Tested this morning ok. No more jerking and no more long warmup.

Tks.