Proton Iriz!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
So far cant see no iriz on the road...
For Iriz asking price, cannot justify. The 1.3L STANDARD CVT you're looking at RM45.5k SOLID, versus Perodua Myvi SE 1.5L RM48k SOLID.

Keep in mind, Myvi SE vs Extreme difference is the multimedia unit and bodykit..everything else is same..

The only thing Iriz has is the electronic stability control.. otherwise everything else they are on par, with the Myvi coming up tops with the 1.5L engine and a proven gearbox.

Despite Iriz having better handling versus the Myvi..if you are buying a city commuting car..you're not going to throw corners..so..yup.. I don't see it toppling the Myvi anytime soon.

The 1.6L is cray cray.. starting at RM56k..why don't I just buy a Nissan Almera by topping up few k? Again, the Iriz has the ESC..but otherwise.. same what, both also dual airbags.. on top of that, the Almera (Versa in USA) is IIHS USA's Top Safety Pick for 2013.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
For Iriz asking price, cannot justify. The 1.3L STANDARD CVT you're looking at RM45.5k SOLID, versus Perodua Myvi SE 1.5L RM48k SOLID.

Keep in mind, Myvi SE vs Extreme difference is the multimedia unit and bodykit..everything else is same..

The only thing Iriz has is the electronic stability control.. otherwise everything else they are on par, with the Myvi coming up tops with the 1.5L engine and a proven gearbox.

Despite Iriz having better handling versus the Myvi..if you are buying a city commuting car..you're not going to throw corners..so..yup.. I don't see it toppling the Myvi anytime soon.

The 1.6L is cray cray.. starting at RM56k..why don't I just buy a Nissan Almera by topping up few k? Again, the Iriz has the ESC..but otherwise.. same what, both also dual airbags.. on top of that, the Almera (Versa in USA) is IIHS USA's Top Safety Pick for 2013.
The freaking Almera is fugly.

:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

In case no one gets it, this is the Audi vs BMW vs Subaru poster war thing. It was hilarious. GW seems to want to do this with Proton. And their SUV is cheaper than the Iriz

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Not sure what type of power window they used on the iriz.
must be different from what they used on the waja,the black plastic cover type.
the torque from the motor and heat will weaken the mounting point of the motor.hence the window will jam when the mounting broke.i have 2 spre motor at home after the bracket broke.

my waja only has the left rear power window in stock form.all other has been change to metal type.
never fail after using the metal type but its a bit noisy.

Suprima is on Achilles,Preve on Champiro.
Same.problem with Preve,the tyre just cant complement the chassis's ability.

So far cant see no iriz on the road...
Why u say brand and model la. Suprima on 2233, Preve on Champiro.
Suprima on Achilles, Preve on GT Radial.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
The freaking Almera is fugly.

In case no one gets it, this is the Audi vs BMW vs Subaru poster war thing. It was hilarious. GW seems to want to do this with Proton. And their SUV is cheaper than the Iriz
Fugly? Meh. Beggars can't be choosers. Got RM60k.. like that lor.

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

2014 Nissan Versa sedan small overlap IIHS crash test - YouTube

2014 Nissan Versa sedan 40 mph small overlap IIHS crash test

Overall evaluation: Poor

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Those days they kept imports away with higher price. Now they attack back.....:driver:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com

Exactly.

Anyway test driven Iriz and the only thing i didn't like it was torque. Not sure is it because of engine or gearbox? It behave exactly as what i got from Saga FLX (not sure other model), the acceleration doesn't come accordingly as how you press thorttle. You can press crazily and hearing the engine scream so loud that but it isn't very much moving forward. And when it does, release gas pedal the car still rushing ahead. Happens on both 1.3 and 1.6. Sad case for me.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Exactly.

Anyway test driven Iriz and the only thing i didn't like it was torque. Not sure is it because of engine or gearbox? It behave exactly as what i got from Saga FLX (not sure other model), the acceleration doesn't come accordingly as how you press thorttle. You can press crazily and hearing the engine scream so loud that but it isn't very much moving forward. And when it does, release gas pedal the car still rushing ahead. Happens on both 1.3 and 1.6. Sad case for me.
CVT lah bro...
normal behavior.the tcu do adapt to your driving.
if u drives it long enough with heavy take off throttle u will notice it lock up earlier.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
The thing is Perodua sell their car based on price alone and by doing so for the previous modern model like viva,alza,myvi which also comes with no additional safety equipment beside airbag and abs(on some variant only) it somehow affect malaysian mentality about car.
when thinking of local car,straightaway people will think perodua.
when say fc,people straightaway think perodua.
when say safety,oso perodua as most malaysia think of safety as in airbag alone.doesnt even know what abs is and let alone how it works.

no doubt perodua tackle the market very well.since it has a strong based it can price its car abit more higher for what it offer.some call it cheating but in marketing its genius.just ask how much the salesman earn commision for a myvi and compare it with comission of a proton and people might get the big picture.see what sort of cost structure these 2 company are working on.i wont call them manufacturer as only one is a proper manufacturer.

on the iriz,i have went and see it few times already and must say that i am in loved with the front seat.overall design is not bad.
interior is ok and they used the better fabric this time.seating position is like a blm which i dont prefer.
my height is abt 170cm and with the front seat properly adjusted,i can sit at the rear comfortably.

still yet to go for a test drive as when i went to see the car only manual is available.i was looking for cvt as its my sis whom is looking for a new car.if she really wants it i think the 1.3 is enough.she is not the kind of driver whom appreciate all the other extra except the steering wheel mounted radio button.she kept searching for the button everytime she drives her kenari.hehehe

will it topple myvi?
no,not in local market.

better car than myvi?
yes in every aspect.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The thing is Perodua sell their car based on price alone and by doing so for the previous modern model like viva,alza,myvi which also comes with no additional safety equipment beside airbag and abs(on some variant only) it somehow affect malaysian mentality about car.
when thinking of local car,straightaway people will think perodua.
when say fc,people straightaway think perodua.
when say safety,oso perodua as most malaysia think of safety as in airbag alone.doesnt even know what abs is and let alone how it works.

no doubt perodua tackle the market very well.since it has a strong based it can price its car abit more higher for what it offer.some call it cheating but in marketing its genius.just ask how much the salesman earn commision for a myvi and compare it with comission of a proton and people might get the big picture.see what sort of cost structure these 2 company are working on.i wont call them manufacturer as only one is a proper manufacturer.

on the iriz,i have went and see it few times already and must say that i am in loved with the front seat.overall design is not bad.
interior is ok and they used the better fabric this time.seating position is like a blm which i dont prefer.
my height is abt 170cm and with the front seat properly adjusted,i can sit at the rear comfortably.

still yet to go for a test drive as when i went to see the car only manual is available.i was looking for cvt as its my sis whom is looking for a new car.if she really wants it i think the 1.3 is enough.she is not the kind of driver whom appreciate all the other extra except the steering wheel mounted radio button.she kept searching for the button everytime she drives her kenari.hehehe

will it topple myvi?
no,not in local market.

better car than myvi?
yes in every aspect.
But regarding the maintenance of the CVT gearbox compared to Myvi's traditional torque converter, Myvi probably would be cheaper?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
But regarding the maintenance of the CVT gearbox compared to Myvi's traditional torque converter, Myvi probably would be cheaper?
Oh most definitely.

But overall maintenance cost the Proton will be expensive now because it's a new car and Myvi is more established. But give it a few years and Iriz just might be the same. Then again given a few more years the Myvi will be obsolete.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bro/Sifu,

My Kancil got this problem just after doing the top overhaul of my Engine. Went into the same pomen/mechanic and he said something about oil seal leak etc. after all that he had done, its still leaking. my last drive just 2300km and the indicator warning already on. need second opinion from other sifu out there.

TQ for your reply.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience