Proton Inspira Additional GB Cooler.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I don't have a Inspira. My ex-Sylphy I DIY installed a CVT cooler and I routed the inlet on top and outlet at the bottom.

Depends on what you wanna do. If just drain and top up it's about 3-4 litres. If remove oil pan, change filter and all - then 5-7L total
Just remember newer generation gearbox dont comes with oil pan so there is no need to search for it.Do not open the black steel cover normally in front of the gb trying to search for the atf filter as its not there,only the solenoids are there.

These type of gearbox also have filter and the par price is just slightly higher than normal oil pan type filter.However to get to the filter require removal of the gb.

I've seen some mod where people install filter using the atf cooling line but not sure will it have effect to atf pressure.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just remember newer generation gearbox dont comes with oil pan so there is no need to search for it.Do not open the black steel cover normally in front of the gb trying to search for the atf filter as its not there,only the solenoids are there.

These type of gearbox also have filter and the par price is just slightly higher than normal oil pan type filter.However to get to the filter require removal of the gb.

I've seen some mod where people install filter using the atf cooling line but not sure will it have effect to atf pressure.
It becomes a double filter and might effect the pressure

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Really? Boo... I hate non-DIY-able stuff. :banghead:

The Inspira and Sylphy share the same GB, both have a paper cone filter at the heat exchanger and another metal mesh filter at the pan itself.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Really? Boo... I hate non-DIY-able stuff. :banghead:

The Inspira and Sylphy share the same GB, both have a paper cone filter at the heat exchanger and another metal mesh filter at the pan itself.
Car manufacturers tries hard to do that so all have to go back to them for service. Looking back to our olden days cars, parts can be repairs, modern days cars usually whole part is changed.....lol

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
i saw they selling online the paper filter for CVT cooler ( as they named it). The filter located under the battery, so had to removed it to replace the filter. Young tech at SC say not such thing. only the filter in GB oil pan. That is why i hate pay a visit to SC. But a friend suggested SC at Kg Baru. Might take a look this weekend.

I do read in other forum that say CVT GB tend to overheat especially when using pedal shift. Any owner got this kind of problem. Try to push hard my ride, so far few testing goes well.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i saw they selling online the paper filter for CVT cooler ( as they named it). The filter located under the battery, so had to removed it to replace the filter. Young tech at SC say not such thing. only the filter in GB oil pan. That is why i hate pay a visit to SC. But a friend suggested SC at Kg Baru. Might take a look this weekend.

I do read in other forum that say CVT GB tend to overheat especially when using pedal shift. Any owner got this kind of problem. Try to push hard my ride, so far few testing goes well.
Probably when paddle shift will be in the higher rev zone......lol:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Dear All

Need some advice regarding this issue. Planing to add a GB cooler to my trammy without discrad the original one. Setup should be as attachment.
inspira already came with external cooler if not mistaken...but please double check your car...

Also, the way the coolers are installed are contradictory to popular mechanics. Flow is front bottom to top of the cooler. I'd set it up so that gravity assists with the flow
actually that is the preferred method...

to keep the whole system pressurized consistently...
so as not to creating air bubble when pressure dropped (during rpm fluctuation driving situation) where gravity is pulling down oil more than the pump supply....

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
inspira already came with external cooler if not mistaken...but please double check your car...

Confirmed mine already have it. Passenger side. got change to peek it while change my brake pad last week. That is why am discarding this mode.

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Guys. Any different between Mitsubishi CVT oil with diaqueen writen on it with non writen? Planing to do CVTF change. My usual spare part sell the oil in tin canister without diaqueen writen. it just state CVT Fluid J1. Can i use J4 instead?

Thank You

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Guys. Any different between Mitsubishi CVT oil with diaqueen writen on it with non writen? Planing to do CVTF change. My usual spare part sell the oil in tin canister without diaqueen writen. it just state CVT Fluid J1. Can i use J4 instead?

Thank You
Diaqueen is a Mitsubishi brand of oil so if it doesn't have Diaqueen it just means it's not Diaqueen. As long as the oil is a CVT suitable for your car it's good enough. Check with your manual to see if J1 or J4 is suitable.

Incidentally the Nissan NS2 oil is apparently the same used by the Inspira. Same GB same manufacturer just different car brands.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Diaqueen is a Mitsubishi brand of oil so if it doesn't have Diaqueen it just means it's not Diaqueen. As long as the oil is a CVT suitable for your car it's good enough. Check with your manual to see if J1 or J4 is suitable.

Incidentally the Nissan NS2 oil is apparently the same used by the Inspira. Same GB same manufacturer just different car brands.
Yah! just found out last month my Chery using Renault GB......lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any foreman here can advice me?

My spark plug lead has gone brittle and those rubber pieces are in my spark plug chambers.
Tried to take some out but I can't.

I am gonna change my valve cover gasket soon but i still can't access it.
Letting the rubber dropping inside the combustion chamber would be my last resort. :bawling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience