Proton & Honda Collaboration

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
Suspension by lotus,
engine by honda.

A rebadged FD2-R with a proton badge and half the price?
CRZ with a proton badge at half the price?

OK kidding..

Jokes aside, what might happen from now on?
A new product line could be in the pipeline as there will be technology sharing, platform sharing and facilities in this collaboration.

OR proton should just roll over and die?

What say you?

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
my vote is just roll over and die. by doing that, we can have more choices for our market and of course more affordable price since proton is no longer protected.

my 0.0000000000007 cents

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
my taught is...hmm person or waja or neo or saga blm with vtec engine....hahahha.....if this is legal for sure our country the first importer of recond vtec engine....hehehe....:party:

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
my taught is...hmm person or waja or neo or saga blm with vtec engine....hahahha.....if this is legal for sure our country the first importer of recond vtec engine....hehehe....:party:
i'm sure later on all the original honda owner will be overshadowed by the new pronda :rofl::rofl::rofl:

just like proton and mitsubishi

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not recon vtec engine, but the older model. Same as how Mitsu cleared their old engines starting in 1985.....:rolleyes:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i can see opportunity for us who dreamt of owning a H with P price tag...now i think the dream getting nearer....but of course see what are their end products la...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Proton PR-Z :biggrin:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Rebadge EG9 with B16B or 240Z with RB20 or AE86 with 20V blacktop or FD3S with SR20 + GT wide body, guaranty can boost the sales by a big margin internationally. The failure of potong is don't understand the market, perhaps over dosed by the protection and still sleeping. Those got money one, of cause look for branded car. Young people of cause not gonna buy family car if given choice. Then for those weekend car buyer or 2nd car buyer, they will choose something that let them feel good. And etc.

After looked at the market, generally you can see few things that will effect the sale:

1. Sales price
2. Design
3. Branding

So potong tried to put 30k tag for a BLM, but failed on design and branding, people go for slightly expensive myvi. Eventually the price cant help much too. For design failure, they make a lancer twin. But even real lancer cant get good respond from the market, with the little cost saving for a copy, why not people buy something looks good and save fuel like vios or etc. If desperate for the lancer look, why not wait for used unit? When they finally try branding, they had improved a lot on the complaints of quality. But still, what car to represent it? The market don't even give them a chance cuz it is so competitive.

So, the only way is to produce something that a lot of people desperate to have and affordable and make sure they will buy and even the quality is moderate, they will also push it up to the sky. By this way, potong can have a chance to gain back some confidence.

Myvi is a good example. Cute, fuel consumption ok. road tax, maintenance, and etc cheap. spare parts easy to find and etc. So, What can be done? If I'm potong, I'll copy an EG9 and put 1.6 campro engine in (leave some space for turbo :love: ). 15" wheel, foam in frame and more butyl tape on panels. Add more bars on firewall and doors. Thin seats thin dashboard. Dish it out at the price of RM45-50k on the road. This will give a good hit on myvi. For sedan, actually 1 model is good enough. SUV is getting popular. scrap all sedan and probably keep BLM for the sake of poor people. Lotus used to have a concept SUV. So use that body (if cannot, copy x6, evoque or something stylist) with a 2.0L common rail diesel engine (1L diesel can go more km than 1L petrol). I'll choose Chevrolet engine cuz the common rail injector price is about 2-3 times cheap than toyota or mitsubishi. Price this SUV at around RM105k area which slightly more expensive that vios or etc in MONTHLY INSTALLMENT. Due to the cost for engineering and production preparation, the return will be expected not that fast. But this will improve the situation and buy potong a chance to strike back. Although it will spoil the market a bit but there is no other way. You don't try, you are gonna phrased out by other players. After establish the market entry point, then phrase out current models and sell new models with slightly higher price tag. Of cause, let go the so call nation patriotic thing. Get the best designer and engineers that can afford. or even let sub con do the designing and engineering (Pininfarina?, Foose?). What what 100% made in Malaysia not worth a single cent when the buyers or end users consider what is the best can fit into their pocket. Same does most people in the rest of the world in such economy condition.

Aiya, forgot, due to some coutry's regulation of recyclable %, if cannot meet, add more metal or etc to shave the non recyclable % down :rofl:

Last edited:

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
ok the negative side, u should know that AP King (Syed Azman of Westar) has shares in Honda Malaysia. So maybe who knows he wants a piece of proton?

ok, i just want to be positive, maybe something good or something new since many car companies recently doing some collaboration.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
well, it sounded promising.

But I guess we should wait till the news become a reality.
...knowing Proton is (more often than not) full of hot air.

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
Somehow I am getting the feeling this is another one of those "Project Barisan Nasional" out to scam the rakyat 'again'.

Maybe Vr2turbo could be right, it has happened before,at the expense of the rakyat.

I'l cut them some slack,lets see what can they come up with this time.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,
is thre any product that can remover Watermark stain on my windscreen ? its really hard to c wen its raining without wipers ! :cry_smile:
need help from anyone that have faced this problem and solved it !:emoticon_U:
thanks for the help in advance ! :shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience