Proton Gen-2 BTCC Race Car

aHLengChai

Known Member
Aug 21, 2006
still jinjang for me compared with proton impian btcc.. can be lowered some more

civic1533

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
yup...miss those 90's style BTCC racing car with super low down suspension.

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
here is the updated version from that first appearance :adore:

*the arch now much much better....but still i think the front bumper not finalized yet?

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

and this is the current version from welch motorsport website

some daring 2wheel action :biggrin:

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
do u really think Proton got a lot involvement in this car?
Engine, gearbox nothing from proton, what else they can support a team other then supply BIW car?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
u tot those ahbeng honda civic euro type R use their own v-tec engine ah???

nope they don''t....BTCC now got special class using NGTC engine la bosssss...single supplier....same engine tuning....the differences would be car design/mechanical advantage and driver only.....

same goes to many other manufacturer car on the grid.....aiyyyahhhhh..everything about proton also wanna bash.....give u supermodel chix oso no use..sure got complain one...... :adore:

p/s:don't mad...play2 pulling your legs only maaaa... :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

NGTC - OUTLINE TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION

Engine:
• 300+bhp 2-litre turbo-charged direct-injection engine with ‘fly by wire’ throttle control.
• Low cost to develop, build, buy and maintain – either by teams and/or race engine-builders developing their own, or through lease/purchase of the TOCA-BTCC engine
• Engine can be sourced from a manufacturers broad ‘family’ range, including subsidiary marques under their effective control.
• Over-boost function and increased power output from 2013.

Drivetrain:
• Xtrac 6 speed sequential-shift gearbox.
• AP Racing carbon clutch.
• Drive-train layout (i.e. front or rear wheel drive) as per base vehicle.

Suspension:
• Full front sub-frame incorporating suspension, brakes, transmission and engine location that attaches to specified roll cage locations. Multi-adjustable double wishbone suspension with coil-over dampers.
• Rear sub-frame that attaches to specified roll cage locations. Multi-adjustable double wishbone suspension with coil-over dampers.

Bodyshell:
• 2,3,4 or 5 door of a minimum 4.4m length. (2 or 3 door cars must share the same basic body profile as the 4/5 door model).
• Equalised width of 1875mm
• Specified front aerodynamic device incorporating flat floor, apertures for radiator, brake cooling ducts, intercooler and side exits.
• Specified rear wing profile
• Stylised front & rear wheel-arch extensions.
• Increased driver protection
• Side exhaust permitted
• 80 litre fuel tank
• Base vehicle must be freely on sale in the UK through the manufacturers normal dealer network
• Base vehicle weights, for front and rear-wheel drive, to be determined.

Wheels/Tyres:
• Specified 18” centre-lock wheel
• Dunlop: 245 x 650 x R18

Brakes:
• AP Racing specified package
• AP Racing specified pedal-box

Electronics:
• Cosworth Electronics specified package incorporating ECU, dash, data-logging and scrutineering logger.
• Data channels limited to 16.
• Common power management box and switch panels
• Common wiring loom design

Target Price:
Complete car, less engine: £100,000*
Engine: £25,000
* 5-10% price-shift possible, depending on final components used by each team

Introduction:
Eligible from 2011.
Performance parity will be maintained with current S2000 cars until 2013, after which time the performance level of the NGTC car will be increased.
here is the spec. list for NGTC that allow more car manufacturer/low budget racing team to joint with low cost and stay competetive

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
Of cause I know, been watching in uk for couple season

That's why I'm saying, even team dynamic work their ass out to win the race
Honda involvement? Not much
Same apply on proton

FYI, not every btcc race car are ngtc car yet

I'm found it surprise when u guy compare this btcc spec gen2 with the ride on Malaysia road
What should use r3 bumper etc, it's a joke

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yup..same goes to s2000 spec. (yep BTCC also allow s2000 spec car to compete if i remember reading the regulation correctly) :adore:

well if satria neo proved to be reliable and more competetive i believe more and more race team would keen to use proton chasis as their base car for racing in the future... :adore:

p/s:probably the team have to stick with standard showroom appearance to make it as close as production car?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
looks like our sole proton in BTCC gaining experience..currently consistent midfielder...they got new look too..much better than earlier version :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ok...... i darn blur about usage of relay...... :banghead:

no one really hav the free time to explain it......

:pcguru: so thnx to google arrr........ :adore:

some how i found and interesting site with details info on relay :listen:

here's it.......

www.saft7.com

info in Indonesian language.....! very informative........ :top:

detail layout & explanation on how to use also ar....... :proud...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience