Proton Exora Pro and Cons

proton has a basic model - Exora 1.6mt base line selling at rm57998 only....
check it out....

yeehau86

Feb 10, 2007
proton has a basic model - Exora 1.6mt base line selling at rm57998 only....
check it out....
Hope no one faint when they hear this price as the advertisement person fainted :biggrin:

Bevan

Mar 11, 2006
actually in long run its not a wise choice....used mpv around rm60k are innova, serena, estima, naza ria, citra, trajet, mostly are high capacity 2.0 litre and above and high fc and high maintenance due to aged (5years or even 10years).

i believe heavy maintenance cost and high fc are not a wise choice....furthermore, being mpv, it means carrying yr whole family and have the possibility to breakdown by road side coz no matter how good yr car is, you cant avoid wear & tear and machine failure is totally unpredictable for aged vehicle....

lets compare apple to apple...for most malaysian, unlike u, maybe u r having high income, to own an affordable mpv that could carry whole family around at rm60k, its a decent choice for decent income earner..lets see in positive manner, u can hate proton, be it, but make sure u dont get yr butt inside a proton ( friend's car, taxi, airport limo) coz u might risk your precious high earning income life....coz its so bad as perceived by you.

one man's meat is another man's poison...lets the ppl decide what to buy...your opinion accepted in peace!
Nice one EvolutionZ, Not everyone has high enough income to drive a Euro MPV bro.
So what if its proton, Mercedes never broke down before ar? People asking a real question don't la put personal feelings towards proton as answer. Will make proton driver's feel like shit you know.
What if you are a Honda driver and one day you see in the billboard stating "HONDAs ARE FOR CHEAPOs FAT and LOUSY like E-HONDA" happy meh? wah lao.

ham_m2

Feb 9, 2007
Klang/KL
www.friendster.com
its great car dude...
Driven my friends Auto version...
Its a nice mpv for our national made...
Fc is very ok than my wira...
But this also depends on the right foot of the driver...

thorence74

Dec 14, 2004
I am a owner of exora and i would say it's great driving it, except lack of power with it's 1.6 cc engine, other wise, it's a good car.

pciericagp

Jan 8, 2005
Basically, Mid sized MPV, Exora the best price per spec, value buy. Compact MPV, Alza the best price per spec, economical. For comfort, go for Exora, highway cruising does better than Alza. For town drive, Alza served better.

Overall for spec, price, maintainance, this 2 was best choices. Before that, we need to pay high price to suit our requirement but now we can own it at very reasonable price.

I'm not high incomer, I'm very happy that national car maker manufactured these 2 value MPV. Each got pros and cons, depend to potential owner to choose.

Exora has 13.6km/L? Are this real-on-the-road stats? My cousin is unable to get anything better than 10km/L for city drive and she's a family lady with kids in the car all the time so no hard revving.

The statement of it driving like a saloon (like how the Alza is advertised) is highly misleading. It feels like a big heavy car and it drives like a big heavy car. There's no saloon feel about it! But gotta love the airiness and headroom. Pity no one has VIP-ed one and publically showed it off.

hann

Sep 3, 2004
I owned Hi-Line Exora Auto for 13 months. All I can say, value-for-money!
FC is slightly on the high side approx 23 sen/km. My other car, Wira Aeroback 1.6 AT is about 18 sen/km. So, it's roughly 5sen difference. Therefore, 5sen X 20,000km a year = RM 1,000 only which i can live with it.

Till today, no regret!

Salam/Greetings

Do apologize if this has been discussed before.
The Biggest Modified Car Bullshitters We

Once I've met a guy who put a massive GT Wing on his stock auto putra... reason being he could not get enough downforce when enjoying Karak Hiway