Proton CFE Manual Swap

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
Some how Indonesian tyres the rubber compound seems to harden faster. I had the GT Radial Champiro HPY, even this tyre harden after 3 years, coming 4, where my German Goodyear Asy2 harden after 4 years coming to 5....
3 years i can still accept.. but 1.5 yrs a lil hard to except. oh well, those were not decent tires anyway.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
But that is not Malaysian made. GS-D3 was first imported from Germany then later batches came from Thailand Goodyear factory..
The ones i used were made here, there was a set i got of 14inch from indonesia. A lotta things cant be googled

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
3 years i can still accept.. but 1.5 yrs a lil hard to except. oh well, those were not decent tires anyway.
My stock Achilles 2233s cracked less than 2 years. It's not a bad car really the Suprima. It's just that the public perception than all Protons are bad.. The QC is below par, but the ride and handling easily beats 'old' BMWs (not on stock Achilles tyres though) :thefinger:. Test drive first, then give your comment.

Back to the gearbox swap topic, I think it can be done. However, do you really want to spend money and time on this? The CFE is not exactly a smooth or powerful engine anyway.

Maybe MIVEC engines fit better in the engine bay?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The ones i used were made here, there was a set i got of 14inch from indonesia. A lotta things cant be googled
Can be also, as Goodyear have factories here, Thailand, Indonesia and Philippines if not mistaken. Different sizes made at different countries but most of my friend's tyre sizes were from Thailand. I use first batch from Germany....

Reactions: xtremeleo

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I have never driven or ridden a Suprima. Is it handling that much different from a Preve CFE?
Never driven a Preve, but I drove the Suprima right after the VW Passat & Jetta. And after the Suprima, drove the Peugeot 308.

The Suprima was the most nimble and responsive one among all. Easily more responsive than the Proton Inspira as well. Tires couldn’t keep up.

You should go test it, form your own opinion and share with us.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
My stock Achilles 2233s cracked less than 2 years. It's not a bad car really the Suprima. It's just that the public perception than all Protons are bad.. The QC is below par, but the ride and handling easily beats 'old' BMWs (not on stock Achilles tyres though) :thefinger:. Test drive first, then give your comment.

Back to the gearbox swap topic, I think it can be done. However, do you really want to spend money and time on this? The CFE is not exactly a smooth or powerful engine anyway.

Maybe MIVEC engines fit better in the engine bay?

i would prefer to not swap the engine out..although i know the mitsu series does fit in fairly well, still i am sure there are bound to be issues with the set up. well if the cfe were manual i am sure the power figures can be bumped up. because to be honest the factory figures is pretty weak for a 1.6 turbo. those iafm guys with bolt on have much better gains. im sure the power was kept down because of the gearbox's limit.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
i would prefer to not swap the engine out..although i know the mitsu series does fit in fairly well, still i am sure there are bound to be issues with the set up. well if the cfe were manual i am sure the power figures can be bumped up. because to be honest the factory figures is pretty weak for a 1.6 turbo. those iafm guys with bolt on have much better gains. im sure the power was kept down because of the gearbox's limit.
yup,most car with OE CVT gb are running torque figure very close to the gb limit. if not mistaken the CVT3 is 10-20NM off from the limit

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
yeah.. if not mistaken the published limit is about 220Nm which is about 15Nm more then the factory torque value on the CFE

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what will happen if i pump normal diesel for new engine?
the petrol station near my house don't got euro5...the nearest petrol station that got sell euro5 is 1 hour more from my house..i looking for petronas brand only
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience