Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
actually i dont know how much have the st been skimmed, since the pomen said that flywheel was alreadly being skimmed already by the factory.during that time still super fresh2 newbie about car..
maybe i need to recheck the st flywheel. tq. is 500g will be enough to get a lighter response for low and top ?
let say: if the skimming work correctly done , what was the feeling of the car compared to standard 1.3 flywheel and clutch set? ..
if ur flywheel weighs approx 6kg, i think will be alright... mine is now approx 6.3kg... stock 8" ST flywheel weighs 6.7kg... 6.3kg still feels a little on the heavy side...

the figures above is just the weight of ur flywheel... excluding the clutch set...

does anybody knows if there is any workshop in melaka who can do a custom cam pulley for 4g15?
coz after ive installed my jasma so called "hi-cam", my powerband shifted to the lower rpm..
Before using hi cam, i can rev freely and have power from 5k rpm until 7.2k rpm,:love:
after using it, now can only rev till 6.5, and the power can only be felt at 3k rpm until 6.2krpm..

after all, im a high rev type of guy:biggrin:
thanks in advance
did ur mechanic reinstall back ur distributor at the same setting as before??... use timing light to check ur ignition timing...

Sep 8, 2010
Penang
Its a great journey until i reach here, thanks alot to all sifu's 4G15 sharing ur experiance on 4G15 mod. Learn alot and enjoy the mod 'mostly poison by guan mod & DIY' on my 4G15 car from nothing to something... stage by stage. anyway i got some issue on my car;
1. i notice my car not balance 'senget' to the right.
2. my engine sound a bit rough (hear from the engine head), after install drop in air filter and 421 ext., bullet, 1.7 inch piping + muffler.
3. check engine light on when speed above 100kmh.

pls advised. Tq

klywh1

Mar 11, 2009
your ride MMC or VDO??? Since when CEL on???? like after any new mod to engine????it can be speedo cable faulty also

Sep 8, 2010
Penang
mine SVDO & CEL on since last year. previous when drive above 80 kmh or rev above 3k rpm CEL on. i went to SC to check ECU they said O2 sensor faulty plus the meter i need to change back to ori 1 (mine using 2nd hand i think from 1.6-240kmh). change O2 sensor already but after reaching 100 kmh or rev high2 the CEL on again.:hmmmm:
P/S : new meter cost about RM500 - SC price. expensive

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
mine SVDO & CEL on since last year. previous when drive above 80 kmh or rev above 3k rpm CEL on. i went to SC to check ECU they said O2 sensor faulty plus the meter i need to change back to ori 1 (mine using 2nd hand i think from 1.6-240kmh). change O2 sensor already but after reaching 100 kmh or rev high2 the CEL on again.:hmmmm:
P/S : new meter cost about RM500 - SC price. expensive
have u done a diagnostic check to accurately determine hat is wrong with it? i by ur explanation, i suspect highly of the fueling, sounds like leaning out when high amount of load is applied.. id check the fuel pressure first if these symptoms arise sir. how long was the fuel pump last changed sir?

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

i dont see y they say its the meter, i wudnt change dat first fyi

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
Its a great journey until i reach here, thanks alot to all sifu's 4G15 sharing ur experiance on 4G15 mod. Learn alot and enjoy the mod 'mostly poison by guan mod & DIY' on my 4G15 car from nothing to something... stage by stage. anyway i got some issue on my car;
1. i notice my car not balance 'senget' to the right.
2. my engine sound a bit rough (hear from the engine head), after install drop in air filter and 421 ext., bullet, 1.7 inch piping + muffler.
3. check engine light on when speed above 100kmh.

pls advised. Tq
havent meet me already kena poison?? :biggrin:

klywh1

Mar 11, 2009
hamkim, who install the ori meter for u??? Proton SC??? 1st ask them to disconnect the speedocable & try see CEL on or not??? if CEL not on cable problem if CEL on should be ori meter installation prb, I facing this lastime after I replaced my new vdo speed meter, the root cause is 1 of the dashboard connection to meter terbalik , my humble opinion may not 100% correct , & yes VDO TB very sensitive to dirty so clean it at periodic basis :P

Sep 8, 2010
Penang
diablo- i just service mt TB last year @ SC like chemical spray through the TB with engine running.
extremelo - i bought the car 2008 and the car reg yr 2001 never change the fuel pump since i bought but i change the fuel filter. i think it still reliable..,
khguan - ya la, poison kaw2 by ur post some more in ur blog. got picture, dyno la, bla bla.., i read only, if meet u in person.., haiya... for sure i will said "do whatever u want la to my car..."
ish.. cannot...cannot...

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
try doing it again and see if it helps bro.my previous wira had CEL too and its either the o2 sensor or the throttle body fucking up.give it another service and see.because its cheaper then changing anything..

svdo tb are known for giving you problem like these.. try first bro

on the meter issue,improper installation might cause CEL too.. rather then spending 500,i'd get a Lancer MMC meter instead and fix it.gonna cost you less then 300 anyway : )

Sep 8, 2010
Penang
diable - thanks, will take ur advised. for the meter since its still working, i used it first compare to my previous ori 1 rpm/fuel/wtemp including the light not working only kmh working :stupid:
how about the ride height not even? any advised?

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
ride height would be your absorbers as the original springs are very durable.replace the absorbers if you can.

just so you know bro,any mitsubishi meter from lancer gsr evo or anything is not plug and play so you would need some rewiring,most mistu mechs can do it though incase you were wondering

cowa

Sep 4, 2008
just wanna ask sifu's here,
what is the idling RPMs of a stock engine.
my car RPMs fluctuate between 900 to 1000 on idling . is this normal?
- i've install the stroker kit in my car

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
for semen tb, u have to be rajin... take out and clean, polish every month then only no problem on idling.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hwl hi-lo/soft-hard izit good for proton satria??

n wat's the price for the product??

thx for comment..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience