Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
RM175??? are u sure or not... bridgestone potenza Re001?

195/50/15 already 250 to 270RM

and 55 cost Rm 3XX >.>

where u get got location got time i must go take bus to KL buy tire

Milo33

Known Member
Dec 7, 2008

and 55 cost Rm 3XX >.>

i reconfirm back next week i back my hometown bro...
if not mistaken is re001 la..:rolleyes:

alamdamai1

Known Member
Mar 4, 2008
hi, i'm planning to undertake an adjustable cam pulley/gear mod very soon....but before that, need the help of Sifus here...

i've noticed the cam timing for our 4G15 is different between a Carbie and EFI models..append below is the spec sheet...

hence, can anyone confirm this and if so, would it be worthwhile to change my stock Carbie Cam to the EFI version for better engine efficiency as the exhaust valve timing for the EFI opens later compared to the Carbie model...

members advise is highly appreciated...many thanks... :help: :help: :help:

Milo33

Known Member
Dec 7, 2008

and 55 cost Rm 3XX >.>

bro,paiseh la..it's not bridgestone potenza re001...
it's yokohama tyres the thread almost similar..Lol:banghead:
sorry taiko..

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
hi, i'm planning to undertake an adjustable cam pulley/gear mod very soon....but before that, need the help of Sifus here...

i've noticed the cam timing for our 4G15 is different between a Carbie and EFI models..append below is the spec sheet...

hence, can anyone confirm this and if so, would it be worthwhile to change my stock Carbie Cam to the EFI version for better engine efficiency as the exhaust valve timing for the EFI opens later compared to the Carbie model...

members advise is highly appreciated...many thanks... :help: :help: :help:

bro,

your comparison also not ngam already, unless you are driving a twin cam 4g15 EFI, if not the image you appended is of no use...one is SOCH 12V and another DOCH 16V

if i am not mistaken both carbie and efi for SOCH has the same valve timing, hence it is not feasible for the change,this is for 4g15P engines

just get yourself a street cams would do, coupled with adjustable cam pulley

correct me if i am wrong,..

cheers

alamdamai1

Known Member
Mar 4, 2008
bro,

your comparison also not ngam already, unless you are driving a twin cam 4g15 EFI, if not the image you appended is of no use...one is SOCH 12V and another DOCH 16V

if i am not mistaken both carbie and efi for SOCH has the same valve timing, hence it is not feasible for the change,this is for 4g15P engines

just get yourself a street cams would do, coupled with adjustable cam pulley

correct me if i am wrong,..

cheers
haiya Sifu ettm_14, thank you very much for pointing out on my error...yealah, i didn't notice the quoted spec's is for an EFI DOCH engine...really appreciate your invaluable advice here..:adore::adore::adore:

klywh1

Mar 11, 2009
Hi guys, I'm using 4g13 now and i was wondering whether i could stroke it up to 1.5litre by fitting in 4g15 head. Possible?
Sifu Guan. Drex,
I think hildagarde wanna to tell that possible to fit in piston 1.5 into 4G13 block(by rebore the 4g13 block) which is possible & discussed very detail in previous tread :biggrin:

Hildagarde
I am refer to hildagarde if u choose to proceed stage rebore 4g13 block to fit in 1.5 piston than better do PnP head, adj cam ger, PZ cam,engine balancing together saving for the workmanship :wavey: Now I seldom get online due to my job very busy in penang try to read all the previous tread u will get the info u wanna esp input by all the sifuuuuuu in ZTH happy modding. Price u can refer to sifu Guan & drex since they handled my stocknia project previously :nurse: if u wanna do a 4g13 rebuilt with performance parts including 1.5 piston, PZ cam & blarrrrrrrrrrrrrr

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Sifu Guan. Drex,
I think hildagarde wanna to tell that possible to fit in piston 1.5 into 4G13 block(by rebore the 4g13 block) which is possible & discussed very detail in previous tread
71mm to 75.5mm? That's 4.5mm bigger, 2.25mm on each side. How thick is the cylinder liner?

afosz

May 13, 2008
Selangor
Hey guys, I'm new here driving Wira 1.5 AT.

My TB got a bit of a problem right now. My mechanic said that it got problem with sensor or what and now it is like useless. He mod it so that the car still can be drive but not sure how long it will last.

So the current condition is, during idle, if a/c off, the timing will go up and down, a bit jerking and exhaust sounded like poof poof. If a/c on, no problem. This is how my mechanic mod it.

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

My TB got a bit of a problem right now. My mechanic said that it got problem with sensor or what and now it is like useless. He mod it so that the car still can be drive but not sure how long it will last.

So the current condition is, during idle, if a/c off, the timing will go up and down, a bit jerking and exhaust sounded like poof poof. If a/c on, no problem. This is how my mechanic mod it.
Good Luck!

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007

Sounds like a car Chow Sing Chi will drive. A/c 'on', no problem. A/c 'off', "poof! poof!"

hehe Sorry....I just found you post funny

afosz

May 13, 2008
Selangor
u are telling us how your car behave... not how your mechanic mod your car...
Yes I know. He said my tb got problem already, something to do with the sensor or what I'm not sure. Usually he would suggest to change, but since it is costly, he mod a bit, add motor or what I'm not sure so that it is usable for temporarily. In the mean time, I'll save money so later can afford to change tb. The condition after he mod is that I need to switch on a/c so that it feels ok. If off a/c and idle, the car will be jerking like a lot.

Sorry, automotive noob here and trying to learn more. :D

Sounds like a car Chow Sing Chi will drive. A/c 'on', no problem. A/c 'off', "poof! poof!"

hehe Sorry....I just found you post funny
Erk, the "poof! poof!" sound is from exhaust, like coughing. Explaining here sounds funny though.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This year’s Formula One race schedule has garnered some criticism for being too packed with 20 races crammed in but for 2012, things are going to get a little tighter as the return of the US Grand Prix has been marked for June 17 2012 at the Circuit of the Americas in Texas, bringing the total races to a staggering 21.

The tentative calendar has already been approved by the FIA and includes all the 20 races...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience