Pros and cons of engine braking?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
how is your progress so far Renesis?
It has been a while since this thread is active. I'm surprised that you still remember this thread, Tom. :biggrin:

Still can't do heel toe properly due to my pedals not aligned at the same level. Haven't do any changes to the pedals yet. So, every time when I try to reach the throttle pedal with my heel, I need to apply a lot of pressure to the brake pedal in order for my heel to touch the throttle pedal. So, for now, I din't practice on heel toe.

But for rev matching, I'm getting quite familiar with it already. Doing it most of the time during driving now. Now, rev matching had almost become like a habit for me to do every time I downshift. Thanks for your tips earlier regarding rev matching. If not, I probably wouldn't have done it.

One thing I noticed after performing rev match, downshifts are way smoother than downshifts without rev match. Like if I din't rev match and just downshifts, I can feel the car jerking especially if the RPM jumps quite high.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Heel toe I try before.... for shoe size 12+ like me.
No success....lol
Is your pedal properly aligned? If not, it will be hard. Like my stock Wira pedals. The accelerator/throttle pedal is positioned lower than the brake pedal.

Attachments

tonyparir

Apr 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Very hard for me to do heel and toe..

Every time i press the brake with my toe and to rev match i moved my heel, it seems unavoidable that I lift my toe hence the braking is not consistent... Any advise or pointers?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
heel-toe technique, is like PHd for driving manual. ? :idea:
Sort of I guess. Then rev matching is like masters level? After that only phd for heel toe. :biggrin:

Very hard for me to do heel and toe..

Every time i press the brake with my toe and to rev match i moved my heel, it seems unavoidable that I lift my toe hence the braking is not consistent... Any advise or pointers?
For my pedals which is not aligned, my braking is not consistent too. I need to put in a lot of brake pressure for my heel to reach the throttle pedal.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Is your pedal properly aligned? If not, it will be hard. Like my stock Wira pedals. The accelerator/throttle pedal is positioned lower than the brake pedal.

That is normal, that is why my friend saga he bend the accelerator pedal up......lol:rofl:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
from youtube, the western guy can do it so easily....big shoe also :hmmmm2:
practice make perfect kut ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi to all sifu. im damn damn confuse of changing my 4G15P engine into bigger n power engine. 1st of all i like 4G63T but JPJ never allow to put that into wira 1.5. so i decide to put GSR 1.8 but some frend said GSR not enough power. im damn confuse.

although i got lubang in JPJ to put 4G63T engine, but my chassis will not bear the monster power. wat should i do to make my chassis stronger n tougher. wat is spot welding, chassis reinforced n etc. How much does it cost actually?? wher...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience