Project Z Week 10 : Car stripped and padding needed

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

So we enter the 10th week where the car has been stripped bare-naked of its proud hide. The car exposes the wear and tear from the old age of the car. This car has been going through a lot of aging and you could see the amount of rust on the car.

Rust is my favorite bit of the car. Without dealing with rust, you do not know how badly your car has aged over time. The rust is just overwhelming. If rust is not your favorite subject, you could look away.

Here's the rear of the car, in the bootplace where it stores the spare tyres. Look at the never ending trail of rust. It's just as bad as cancer.

And here's where the passenger area is, all the rust accumulated over time.

Since the body is fully stripped, I believe this would be great to put on some sound insulation padding, if the body has been properly fixed up and treated with rust repair.

According to Dynamat's website:

Dynamat is a thin, flexible, easy to cut and mold sheet that actually stops noise causing resonance and vibration, by using visco-elastic qualities that promote vibro-acoustic energy conversion. In short, that means noise becomes silent energy.
I believe with enough sound insulation padding, the car would nicer to drive around, because the outside noise is deafened. Plus, the car would be easier to live without the need of bumping up your ICE (in car entertainment) to the highest volume, just to enjoy some great music when flooring the pedal on the car.

As I will be away for 1 month, this project is temporarily suspended and on hiatus till I return from Europe. I will bring in some great original stories from my visit in Europe. Stay tuned for more updates. I will sign off for a month today. See you guys next month!

Attachments

SomeGuy_sg

Known Member
Oct 2, 2004

SomeGuy_sg

Known Member
Oct 2, 2004
Mm.....will it be strong . How is this analogy
Break a stick , easy huh
Break 20 sticks , not so easy huh
how about 50 sticks ?

Did you know that the lotus elise extruded aluminum chassis is bonded together ? Basically glue holds that car together, no welding no riveting :P

If you do it right , the diy riveting would increase chassis rigidity. Use the right rivets and remember to spray some paint primer or anti rust solution on the bare metal parts, ie the holes that you have drilled.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Source: Malaysian Digest

A driving license is considered by most as a substantial milestone in life akin to getting a credit card, buying a first home or being hired for a first job.

As Malaysians we are known for our warm behaviour and expressive nature, yet when the subject of Malaysian drivers comes to mind, one can’t help but express a considerable amount of concern on the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience