Product review : Old vs New - Osram Night Breaker Plus Halogen Bulbs

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
*talking about HID's i prefer 3000k light instead of 4300k or 5000k light type :biggrin:

but quite hard to find/buy 3000k HID bulb...haiyyah...
Lol... Very orangey like for lamp...

Mr.JY

Known Member
May 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I'm not sure as well actually. Izso mentioned that the original Osram Nightbreaker cost him RM120 back then. That's why I'm in doubt since the current 'Plus' version is even cheaper than that. Will make a visit to some accessory shop and enquire the price.

BudakSiol!

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
-
Last time I was debating to use nightbreaker or HIDs. But when I read reviews online, they said this nightbreaker doesn't last. Lifetime very short. That's why Osram phase it out and came out with "nightbreaker Plus". It is suppose to have extra life time. And form review, they said that the light isn't vey white. Just around 4000k. But wow from your pics, it looks like it is really white! If you have written this earlier, I'd probably go for this instead of HIDs... hahaha...
My old nightbreakers lasted me only a year. Shocked that Izso can last 3 years!!!:banghead:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
My old nightbreakers lasted me only a year. Shocked that Izso can last 3 years!!!:banghead:
That depends on total driving hours la.. Maybe Izso drive less at night... But they got complaints worldwide. That's why they came out with nightbreaker plus.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That depends on total driving hours la.. Maybe Izso drive less at night... But they got complaints worldwide. That's why they came out with nightbreaker plus.
Only a year? Seriously? Weird. Mine have lasted a long time and I do use the light daily because of my working hours. So that's about 1hours daily? Then weekends I have them on longer since I go out at night often. Approximately about 36hours per month, about 432hrs per year.

I have to point out though, I have a relay kit installed with ceramic sockets. Old ones melted with my old 100w bulbs. LOL.. stupid bulbs lasted 6 months. Not sure if this contributes as well, I have a Pivot VS and a custom grounding kit on all my cars.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
perhaps so. especially with the satria neo, if u didnt had the pivot vs, the lights tend to dim, i think the constant flickering would kill the bulbs much faster. but i installed the vs straight away after my club members had that problem

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I just change to this Osram nth special is the same as oem bulb...
From the looks of your avatar, that looks like a Scirocco. If so, the VW has pretty good headlights to begin with! Compared to say the plain jane Phillips, Osram, or those RM15 bulbs that you usually find on OEM Myvis or other 'cheaper' cars, it's a big difference.

BudakSiol!

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
-
Only a year? Seriously? Weird. Mine have lasted a long time and I do use the light daily because of my working hours. So that's about 1hours daily? Then weekends I have them on longer since I go out at night often. Approximately about 36hours per month, about 432hrs per year.

I have to point out though, I have a relay kit installed with ceramic sockets. Old ones melted with my old 100w bulbs. LOL.. stupid bulbs lasted 6 months. Not sure if this contributes as well, I have a Pivot VS and a custom grounding kit on all my cars.
Hmmm didnt have a relay or VS then. But then only a year isn't very happening indeed. Just my luck! Might give these new Nightbreakers a try then as after the nightbreakers I've got myself VS & relay fitted!