Problem with Proton Exora

owtaman

Known Member
Oct 9, 2008
Problem not solved, the car is with Proton Center of Excellence for one week already(Yes I finally took the trouble to send it all the way there). At the end of the past one week, I was told that brake rotor were replaced and on-wheel balancing done(my mechanic can do all this in one day but Proton needed a week), test drove it, wobbling is worse than before(occuring to wider speed range now).

I told them I will give them another week, after that I will take it as Proton is not able to fix their own product despite giving them one year to figure it out on a defect which is reported upon taken delivery.

Also called them a few times requesting for returning my call coz I have some suggestion/leads for them to fix this issue(the guy on the other side promised to call back by today), without surprise no calls were returned, called their i-Care line today at 4.45pm, no body answering the 'care' line, I guess the office hour is over already.

owtaman

Known Member
Oct 9, 2008
To,
PROTON Holdings Berhad Chairman Dato’ Sri Mohd. Nadzmi Mohd. Salleh,
PROTON Holdings Berhad Group Managing Director Dato’ Sri Haji Syed Zainal Abidin Syed Mohamed Tahir,

This is a defect upon delivery that you are not able to fix, the car is now in your 'Center of Excellence', you can 'loan' it or keep it for your technical team to figure out what's wrong as long as you wish but can you please compensate me on the monthly instalment that I am still paying while I dont get to use my car ? Just to be fair ?

Or, how about we do a swap with your nice green Lotus Evora(the Evora fonts design does not seems much difference with my Exora anyway) that park in the basement of your C.O.E so that when you start to miss your Evora you would share the same feeling like how I miss my Exora and would motivate you to speed up the repair/rectification on my Exora ?

I promise I will only bring it to Sepang maximum twice a month and I will take care of it just like how I treat my GTS, what do you say ?

Your sincerely,
A frustrated customer for one year and counting

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
Good bargain Owtaman.. :rofl::rofl::rofl: let see either they will respond to your comment here or just keep their mouth full of s**t shut up.

owtaman

Known Member
Oct 9, 2008
Thanks for the support, I have just sent the URL of this forum and my request in the previous post to below.

PROTON Holdings Berhad - Contact Form

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

This is how some dude in China would do to their car(Lamborghini) when they are not happy with the poor after sales service.
Do I need to do this to get Proton's attention ?

YouTube - Lamborghini Gallardo unsatisfied owner

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
Yo guys, I've sold my gorgeous MR2 Turbo and am thinking of getting an Exora Turbo.... to ganti my Naza Ria.... what you think? :driver:

Can you guys get back to the topic? Talking bout Exora problems, if any? :banghead:

Proton has been trying to get back on their feet after the Waja avalanche of problems. Give them fellas a freakin break laa..... :smokin:

So, lets talk bout exoras and potential problems or problems that are common to many many exoras. Ada ka? Kalau individual problem, nasib kut? :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Just wondering, have you had the driveshafts looked at? Experience taught me that driveshaft bungkus (no grease eventually causes the metal to wear away) can cause vibration during accel in a straight line without noise during a turn, especially true for MPVs on load. Can try to get Drive shaft experts in Klang to disassemble and check..... 'without proton knowing'..... tapi kena bayar sikit laaa.....

blitz

Nov 18, 2003
I actually find the Exora's ride and handling to be excellent for an MPV. Compared with other MPV's in the same category, the Exora is fantastic. The ride is smooth and not bumpy and the handling is stable in the corners.

I totallyagree wit u bro.....

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
owtaman - if they continue to drag this on like this, I suggest you submit a complaint to the consumer tribunal. 1 year to fix a problem that was reported on the day you took the car is ridiculous! Submit claims to income lost and loss of use for the car as well.

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
witout GOV helps,,,,,,long ago no more PROTON car on the road........bear in mind.....our lovely MALAYSIAN........i hate ths brand.......

blitz

Nov 18, 2003
witout GOV helps,,,,,,long ago no more PROTON car on the road........bear in mind.....our lovely MALAYSIAN........i hate ths brand.......

I'm sure some of you hate this brand.... but bear in mind if it is not bcause of proton, maybe some of us will still be driving second hand japanese cars and many mat rempits cannot afford to even upgrade....

owtaman

Known Member
Oct 9, 2008
It was due to the Good Year tires, one of the mechanic fixed it during my last service. The tires although is bi-directional but actually only one direction is usable with proper balance, so the solution is to switch direction, this will involve replacing the left tires with the right tires and vice versa.

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

I'm sure some of you hate this brand.... but bear in mind if it is not bcause of proton, maybe some of us will still be driving second hand japanese cars and many mat rempits cannot afford to even upgrade....
I don't see many Thais nor Singaporean driving second hand Japanese cars ? They don't have a national car brand.

azamreeves

Oct 23, 2004
So it just because of wrong tyre installation..?
My exora have a different problem.

My a/c start to become warm after 3 years and 1 month old. The check engine sign start to appear .do you think ewp covered all this problem?

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
So it just because of wrong tyre installation..?
My exora have a different problem.

My a/c start to become warm after 3 years and 1 month old. The check engine sign start to appear .do you think ewp covered all this problem?
try check the filter near the blower under the passenger dashboard....there is a clip on site use to hold a filter...just rinse with water and ur aircond feel cold again...thr this before send for aircond services..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi greeting semua...
I m looking for a b.o.t for my campro gen2 manual '05 model. Maybe any workshop around johor. Tolong (pls,pls,pls) comment. Saya tak nak nanti jadi tikus lab lepas tu engine meletup. Saya ngah cari yg setting boleh di pakai harian, pegi balek kerja, dan hujung minggu bleh sedikit2 main track ke...heheheh pls tunjuk ajr kepada newbie. heheheheheh
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience