problem with check engine light after vtec open

kissbutt

Feb 14, 2009
haha sorry guys i apologies for my stupidity ughh :banghead:, how dumb of me, it was totally my mistake :banghead:.

actually, i couldnt "find" the ECU so i assumed it was not there. smart eh? I have the slightest idea about ECU before apart from what i've googled and googled-pic it (and still tryna act like i got this in me hands). Again guys i am so sorry, hope u guys arent too shocked for my silly statement :rofl:. At least now i know vtec cant go without ECU LOL.. arghh i felt stupid.

well i'd like to thank u guys for the inputs again.

so i visited amoil the other day and get everything checked. Turned out it was my burnt ECU. yeah ECU, thats when i figured out the car actually have ECU. LOL.

SC79: thanks, thats even nearer to my house. i would definitely drop a visit there soon. planning to get the car tuned somewhere.

minivan: yeah, i serviced the car and the engine oil hasn't been changed for long time. changed the oil filter as well. and so far no burning smell. thanks :)

atkop: i know not bout vtec switch asym but issit sumthing familiar to vtec solenoid? well thats what the mechanic suspected the culprit was but not and i saw it got jaring like u described.

so i guess all my probs are solved for now.

id like to know if there any rev-limiter out there dat can be installed? i over revved my 2nd gear the other day, (too syok layan the vtec and tak biasa with the quick rpm increase.. ya lar iswara before this slow nak naik RPM and can know from engine sound when to change gear but vtec i cant notice any sound difference, at least to me lar.) until the car cough (dunno how to describe it but the car was like tercekik makanan. slowed down and as if the car jumped a bit) so i quickly changed to gear 3. could i have damaged anything?

thanks guys

kent75

Jul 18, 2005
Cheras, KL
haha sorry guys i apologies for my stupidity ughh :banghead:, how dumb of me, it was totally my mistake :banghead:.

actually, i couldnt "find" the ECU so i assumed it was not there. smart eh? I have the slightest idea about ECU before apart from what i've googled and googled-pic it (and still tryna act like i got this in me hands). Again guys i am so sorry, hope u guys arent too shocked for my silly statement :rofl:. At least now i know vtec cant go without ECU LOL.. arghh i felt stupid.

well i'd like to thank u guys for the inputs again.

so i visited amoil the other day and get everything checked. Turned out it was my burnt ECU. yeah ECU, thats when i figured out the car actually have ECU. LOL.

SC79: thanks, thats even nearer to my house. i would definitely drop a visit there soon. planning to get the car tuned somewhere.

minivan: yeah, i serviced the car and the engine oil hasn't been changed for long time. changed the oil filter as well. and so far no burning smell. thanks :)

atkop: i know not bout vtec switch asym but issit sumthing familiar to vtec solenoid? well thats what the mechanic suspected the culprit was but not and i saw it got jaring like u described.

id like to know if there any rev-limiter out there dat can be installed? i over revved my 2nd gear the other day, (too syok layan the vtec and tak biasa with the quick rpm increase.. ya lar iswara before this slow nak naik RPM and can know from engine sound when to change gear but vtec i cant notice any sound difference, at least to me lar.) until the car cough (dunno how to describe it but the car was like tercekik makanan. slowed down and as if the car jumped a bit) so i quickly changed to gear 3. could i have damaged anything?

thanks guys
lol, the "cough" that you mean is actually jerk is it? That means ur car is having rev cut already by default. This will not harm ur engine if u do it once or twice, but dun keep on doing it lor although ur engine is with rev cut. Usually at 8500rpm.

May 30, 2006

thanks guys
yup thats the one.

for standard setup manual vtec normally "open or engage" @5800rpm, people sometimes change the airfilter to open pod and muffler (the loud one, 304 bodermax to "hear" the vtec sounds)

think rev limiter is part of the ECU function?

autocruizer

Feb 2, 2009
this prob happen to my car also.... when vtec open check light also open.. i off engine check light off also.. is that something wrong with vtec selonoid or something.. somtime gear 1 ok no checklight.. but gear 2 checklight start apear again.. wut actuly faulty ther.. can sum1 help bout this........

tonyparir

Apr 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I'm also experiencing this problem.. Previously i did not have this problem.. But one fateful morning after joy ride from Genting there was this long stretch of road, so i engage vtec and stayed around rpm 7-7.5 for quite long lah.. Then the check engine light appears.. Being a paranoid person i stopped my car by the roadside, turned off the engine and let it be for few second/minute.. Turn back on engine the light is gone... Then engage vtec again, the check engine light appears...

Ever since that day, everytime i engage vtec for at least 3-5seconds... the check engine light definitely appears... But if i turn off my engine and start again, the light will disappear...

Haishh i also don't know what is the problem

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
once CEL lights up, the error code will still be there even if the CEL doesnt light up after u restart the engine....until u reset the ECU....best is to read the error code to identify the correct problem n way to solve it....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My wira converted to 4g93 with 4g94 crankshaft.open mod.
The engine still berpantang.usually drove under 3.5k rpm.when i try pedal to the metal (under 4k rpm) it will jerk.when i drove it normal till 4k rpm, no jerk.
I still havent install management yet.wait till habis pantang.
Anyone can explain to me.is it coz of needed management or sumtin else?
Thanks guys
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience