Problem with Call-men (vultures)

yams727

Jul 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hey guys, need advice.

My brother got into a pretty bad accident where he got knocked unconscious on the AKLEH. Upon waking up, some call-men got him to sign a document (no proof as yet, since they can't show me signed copy). They took my brother to the hospital and the car to their workshop - when told by my dazed brother not to touch the car.

Now, i don't want to go through their workshop for 3 reasons.
1. They aren't a panel workshop of my bro's insurance.
2. I'm sure the cost to fix will go over the insured amount - and chassis looks in bad shape.
3. I don't know them and therefore don't trust them. Never have and never will.

When i approached the workshop to take the car out the next day, they told me to deal with the call-man, who is charging me RM930.
a. RM350 for 7 of his guys that were present during the accident. (RM50/guy even though they did jack sh*t).
b. RM200 for the informer, probably someone working on the AKLEH.
c. RM180 for towing.
d. RM200 for taking my brother to the hospital and services rendered.

When questioned on the price - the call-man and his buddies say it's standard procedure and company policy.

I know it's total BS.

I have asked my personal mechanic who says the most they can actually charge for is towing and storage.

I called the insurance, and they too say it's cheating and will try help me settle the problem.

My brother refuses to get cheated, so... anyone have advice on how we can settle this amicably.

Thanks in advance.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
go make police report immediately bro....
next time better get AAM....
towing free....can tow anywhere u want.....
cos these callman's are like that....last time i also kena...
accident in front of my mom in law hse...withing 1 min the tow truck arrived...
i told them i got my own tow truck, told them i was a callman too.....but actually not hehe..
then few of my frens came as well, their also callmen, but he told me not to sign anything, police also arrived,...then settle everyting at balai polis......
last2 kena saman rm300, but after rayu rm100........

so becareful of these ppl...nowdays they are like gangsters...
certain groups pegang certain areas...other callman cannot masuk....

**remember not to sign anything that the callman hands over to u or simply tow your car away....call your frens for help, they will know wat to do......

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
report police faster brooo...... don't wait too long.... if they start work, then its too late to take ur car already...

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Yup, do what Danz said. These f*ckers are famous for trying anything, so get the police involved.

Make it official, and by the way, if your brother did not consent to anything, it's not legally binding. When a guy is knocked silly and dazed, he's not in a position to have sufficient mental capacity to give a proper consent let alone be in sound mind to sign any document.

So it's BS if someone tells you that your brother sign anything and owe anyone money on services your brother was not even capable of asking for in the first place. The hospital reports will show that you brother is in a condition that makes him incapable of discharging any legal obligation at the time of the services was alleged to have been rendered.

It takes two consenting parties to make a contract. A contract cannot be forced down your throat on account of someone rendering serivices that you did not ask for....especially when you are unconscious.

Once, I had one of these f*ckers come up to me and my group once alleging that one person in my party damaged their truck whilst walking past it. I told the guy to his face that he was either drunk or looking for trouble and I suggested we make a police report if he has proof because I'll relish the chance to yank his licence for making a false report. He backed off immediately. These guys will try any damn thing to make a quick buck.

yams727

Jul 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hey guys,

many many thanks for the advice.

i've asked my brother to make a police report.

i've also voiced my concern to the insurance company and they have contacted the workshop to send it over to another workshop in their panel - to which they have agreed.

it's a start. but, i'm still left with the problem of having no control as to which shop it goes to - bummer!

i'm gonna try and forgo dealing with any callman or runner and will deal directly with the insurance company and the workshop so my bro doesn't get cheated. but i'm pretty sure this new workshop will have ties to the current vultures and workshop.

well, thanks again guys :)

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
no prob bro...
dont worry bout wshops, just ask your insurance company, which is the nearest panel
wshop near yr hse...so easier for u to monitor the progress of the car.
just dont ever get in a fight with them, most of them keep weapons in the car....
just tell them that u have yr own panel wshop & tow truck, say tq for their concern...
thats all & walk away.......

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
they can promise sky and moon and stars....but actually they are all baseless....look at them carefully and u can see they are plucking from the air.....whatever they gonna utter...

i experienced b4....

yams727

Jul 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Danz - i totally agree with you. That's why i wanted to settle the issue amicably, even though my brother was furious and was prepared to threaten them (at their turf some more).

Evo - yep, i experienced it when i was younger and naive, and quickly wised up to it. If my brother was conscious and not so dazed he would have taken control of the situation. It's unfortunate that he was riding with friends from abroad who were clueless and ignorant. They panicked and allowed the call-men to do as they pleased.

I hope others can learn from our experiences. Call-man = vulture.

Most insurances now provide towing services. They come complimentary with your policy. Keep the number handy because you never know when you'll need it.

The advice given by these good members are invaluable. Remember them so you too won't fall into the call-man trap.

yams727

Jul 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hey Danz,

bro is good, thanks.

well... i've made the insurance deal directly with the workshop. i will call them up later for the latest update, but as of now, the last i heard was we don't need to deal with the callman anymore, and the previous workshop has to send the car to another workshop - insurance to cover cost.

i will call later to see if it has been sent already. if not, then... we'll see.

Bevan

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
I once had these vulture problems. They take my car even i told them i dont want. cibaiz. ended up inside their shop 1 week plus. cannot sleep the whole week. had to call "nice guys" and shit in the end. really damn headache. seriously, do everything yourself dont need them wan if accident. you will end up paying double or triple the price for lousy stuff.

But then runners and pull-cars are not all the same. Some are very nice. Once, i was in trouble the fella pull my car back, bring me go ATM, treat me nice and shits. so just be careful.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
never ever use their services, just tell them u got your own tow truck & on the way.
straight away call up your insurance company to provide the tow truck or even AAM.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hwl hi-lo/soft-hard izit good for proton satria??

n wat's the price for the product??

thx for comment..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience