Preferred Piggyback ECU for 1JZGTE VVTI.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Stock 1jzgte VVTI uses recirculated BOV setup. The HKS SSQV that i had is vent to
atmosphere setup, and since i am still using MAF setup, the vented air will cause the engine to run rich.
Maybe you can get hks ssqv adapter to recirculate the air instead get another bov. Got sell.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Stock 1jzgte VVTI uses recirculated BOV setup. The HKS SSQV that i had is vent to
atmosphere setup, and since i am still using MAF setup, the vented air will cause the engine to run rich.
But during idling the BOV is closed? Do you mean idle immediately after release throttle?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
1. both Unichip and Emanage have huge support in KL. Both have huge followings.
2. both work. Unichip will need that module. EManage however I'd recommend you go higher end like Ultimate.
3. both will need to splice your original wires so switching to standalone might be messy
Hi Izso,

I am not interested to switch to standalone, wanted a more plug and play type of solutions. Think i am getting the unichip since i had seen more people reviewed that its good things compared to Emanage. Emanage has notorious reputation of being called E-damage.

Thanks,
Ken

Reactions: Izso

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Maybe you can get hks ssqv adapter to recirculate the air instead get another bov. Got sell.
Yes i knew that, therefore later on i will research on ideal positions to mount the SSQV to reduce the use of long hoses.

Thanks,
Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
But during idling the BOV is closed? Do you mean idle immediately after release throttle?
Idle immediately after release throttle, there were few times the engine almost stalled upon releasing pressure.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Idle immediately after release throttle, there were few times the engine almost stalled upon releasing pressure.
I had that issue once, but I think my mechanic just did some tuning. Still having my BOV vent out....:driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You running 1 bar boost, of course you need special tuning hahaha !
No lah, mine stock boost 0.6 only. Got one time vacuum hose came off, boost at 1 plus bar, idling no issue also, but acceleration very shoik......hhahahhahahhaha

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
No lah, mine stock boost 0.6 only. Got one time vacuum hose came off, boost at 1 plus bar, idling no issue also, but acceleration very shoik......hhahahhahahhaha
I think for auto transmission, recirculating BOV is more suitable due to we don't need to lift off throttle to change gears, we are staying constantly on boost. As for manual, dump valve is more relevant.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all, i'm planning on to retrofit my Perdana V6 headlamps but it seems that I need to remove my bumper to get the headlights out...anyone here familiar with removing a PV6 bumper? Thanks...:wavey:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience