PR - To reduce prices of car if they win GE

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For anything there are always pros and cons. Some will gain and some will lose. Look at CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) factories making CTV those days. Ever since LCD have taken over they have closed down. My friend's son was an engineer there and lost his job....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
since everyone wants AP to be ended really soon, i just hope n pray non of our family members or close friends is working in this recond cars industry.. imagine how many people who works as runner, salesman, accountant, managers will lose their jobs.. n hopefully they don't have wife or kids to feed.. not to mention for those who works in MITI, PUSPAKOM, JPJ, KASTAM and ports such as port klang.. even workshops, tyre shops, paintjob shops and accesory shops will lose their regular customers.. can everyone of them point finger or blame anyone in this situation? or can they?
In fact, if AP ends, they have even better business! The people who have experience will be even more in demand! The manager who is in charge of running the recond car business for some "datuk" who has AP..can now start his own recond car business!

Without AP around, now everybody can start a recond car business!

Back then some jokers say if AirAsia came to the picture they will cannibalize MAS and the people at MAS will lose their jobs. Guess what? AirAsia hiring even more than MAS ever did. :rolleyes:

I have some of the stuff you're smoking too!

maze

Known Member
Jan 16, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
Without AP around, now everybody can start a recond car business! <-- i love this sentence dude, it reminds me why our second Prime Minister Tun Abdul Razak and his deputy Tun Dr. Ismail, gave AP in the first place.. back then after the May 13th 1969 tragedy they realize that the bumiputera's are not competetive in the industry so both of them looks for solution.. so they create few quoata's such bumiputera quota students for IPTA, quota for housing for bumiputera and quota AP for bumiputera to help them to start their business.. AP doesn't only apply for cars, importing or exporting sugar or palm oil also requires AP.. ok back to the main point, let's say if everybody can start a recond car business, what is the percentage of bumiputera's that can compete in this industry? look at the percentage of bumiputera's who's involve in second hand car dealership.. i'm not beeing bias or racist or what so ever, i'm just trying to make people understand AP is given to help and support bumiputera, it's not given as special privilege to make rich people richer.. and btw not all "datuk" is entitle to get AP and not all AP holder is "datuk".. the last AP given was in the late 80's, so it doesn't matter who u are no one can apply AP after that.. u can see the proof when Pak Lah distribute the names of AP holder in newspaper after the "AP King" issue

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I don't know why suddenly involved Bumiputera, I must reiterate, I respect Bumiputera, and I think their rights as agreed by our forefathers must be maintained and not challenged. HOWEVER.

Time has proven the AP model failed cause in the end it only made select group of elite individuals extremely rich while offering nothing to the masses. If you want to re-propose something to help bumi, sure, I am all for it. No problem! But I am against AP right here right now.

The masses are still hired by Proton, Perodua and auto manufacturers who does CKD assembly here. AP didn't do anything for the mass. Also, AP does not add value, you're just buying a car and selling it here, does it need technical knowledge or know-how? Does it make our rakyat who is working in AP car business more knowledgable? No. Cause its just buying and selling. On the other hand, car manufacturers who do CKD here, hire locals, train locals and give knowledge to locals. That is what I call helping the rakyat, bumi or not.

In my personal opinion, people who are supportive of AP are either stupid, ignorant or they have vested interest.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah, the simple fact is AP was a noble strategy that is being exploited by the few to earn lots and lots of money. It does nothing to the general population, Bumiputras or otherwise.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Back then some jokers say if AirAsia came to the picture they will cannibalize MAS and the people at MAS will lose their jobs. Guess what? AirAsia hiring even more than MAS ever did. :rolleyes:
In fact, people at MAS is not losing their job, it's MAS that is losing their people to AirAsia..haha

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
In fact, people at MAS is not losing their job, it's MAS that is losing their people to AirAsia..haha
I remember when AA started, MAS personnel look down on them, because budget air mah! Now see who bigger......:driver:

maze

Known Member
Jan 16, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
Exactly, not distributed evenly, only a few getting fatter......:banghead:
the yearly quota was given according to the company's performance, they even have external audits from MITI to check all the company's accounts.. if they do well this year their next year's quota will be increase and if they're not performing their next year's quota will decrease.. some unlucky AP holders who took things for granted their AP is cease permanently..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
the yearly quota was given according to the company's performance, they even have external audits from MITI to check all the company's accounts.. if they do well this year their next year's quota will be increase and if they're not performing their next year's quota will decrease.. some unlucky AP holders who took things for granted their AP is cease permanently..
That is what I mean, this quota only to the fat directors of the company.....:banghead:

maze

Known Member
Jan 16, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
actually i don't mind if any government want to scrap AP overnight, because those AP holders who're doing well they'll just smile and laugh because most of them are well prepared.. most of them already has those 3S franchise such as Honda or Suzuki or what so ever.. my main concern is what gonna happen to those who're still struggling?? u'll be surprise some who's not doing well can only sell like 1 unit per month, and some not even importing any car in a month.. you'll be surprise some of these showroom only have less than 5 employee.. these struggling AP holder mostly still renting other people land for their showroom and some doesn't even have a proper showroom yet.. i just hope any government have plans for this struggling AP holders to assist them to earn their living.. or maybe someone wise here can propose anything?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
When they ventured into this business they should expect this coming.
In all businesses there are risks. and if you are in the business of AP recond car then losing the AP or abolishment of AP is part of the risk. If you don't know how to run a company, well, its too damn bad for you.

Like i said, if AP is no longer required, and anybody can import cars by paying the duties, these experience recond people would be in demand. I would gladly pay RM1000 to a runner to help me settle paperwork to import a Nissan Skyline R32 GTR for me. I'm sure those buying BMW M5 would gladly pay more than that.

Who will be in deep shit? The AP bosses who imported the cars which are now left to rot.

Last edited:

SloMo

Known Member
Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
its a noble move i must say, but wouldnt it be better to focus on more of a basic necessities rather than the things that not all of us can afford? for example house price, food price etc

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ferrari has finally unveiled the drop-top roadster version of their 599 that will make its public debut at Paris in a weeks time and is limited to only 80 units worldwide, all of which have already found garages that they will never see the light of day from.

Even Ferrari themselves are calling this the ‘most exclusive Ferrari ever.’ The model...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience