PR - To reduce prices of car if they win GE

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
slash the tax & make it mandatory to new cars being sold here equip. with safety standard comparable to the rest of the world, that way even if car dealers refuse to reduce price, but at least we can get better & safer cars without price increase

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
lower the price so u can buy apa car??

lanpa :banghead:
altis la.... dew.....

easy to said but not easy to be done. What happens to all the second hand car at car dealer? Lower the price 80% and take all the losses or sell to scrap yards?:banghead:
haha... i know it is easier said then done as there is alot of mechanism involved...

i kept the scope small so that narrow-minded malaysian dont need to think too much...
:biggrin:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Unless this is car-tel business. the message from PR is to reduce tax, and slash car price. Eventually this move will reduce our burden. anyway, in Malaysia car is still the main transportation from point A to B. Not like Singapore
If the ruling government (BN or PKR) slash everything from fuel, toll, tax to cooking oil, food tax etc., how on earth are they going to run the country? Talk is cheap.. :stupid: and some of us here actually believe every promise they made...

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
reduce car taxes/duties, float and tax fuel prices.

let those who drive fuel guzzlers pay since they can afford fuel guzzlers,
let those who cant afford buy cheap FC cars n pay less for using less.

quid pro quo.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If the ruling government (BN or PKR) slash everything from fuel, toll, tax to cooking oil, food tax etc., how on earth are they going to run the country? Talk is cheap.. :stupid: and some of us here actually believe every promise they made...
That is why we should change. With corruption reduced, the $$$$$$ from us can be utilized better - thus we can have more subsidy and less tax

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hope this is true...but im sure BN has all their tricks to ensure they wont fall........
Normal OLD TRICKS that may have been used in election cheats by any party are

1) Power failure while vote counting is in process.
Everyone will be in the dark....
(except for a few with trained owl eyes whom can see in the dark)
When counting resumes, the WINNER becomes the LOSER and the LOSER becomes the WINNER!

2) More than 200 voters registered as staying in ONE house
Just wondering if the toilets are enough for use in the morning...

3) Many chartered/ tour buses flocking in to the town for "TOUR PURPOSE" on election day...

4) Foreigners having valid IC / Mykad and registered as voters
(With expiry date, subject to terms & conditions)

5) What other tricks that other forumers know pls share....:confused::banghead::stupid:

Last edited:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
reduce car taxes/duties, float and tax fuel prices.

let those who drive fuel guzzlers pay since they can afford fuel guzzlers,
let those who cant afford buy cheap FC cars n pay less for using less.

quid pro quo.
It is certainly better if everyone can afford a car. However, this will escalate one problem that everybody wants to avoid, traffic jam... :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I think no point arguing how the mechanism will work right now. If AP is abolished and prices drop, there will be winners (the rakyat) and definitely losers (AP holders surely! parallel importers, cronies, Proton & Perodua). ideally, the winners are rakyat and losers the AP kings who are ripping us off.

No matter what, AP must go. Proton must stand on its on feet.
You know how great companies are great? They either make it or die trying. Apple was near bankruptcy when Steve Jobs went back to be CEO. Without the real threat of dying, Proton won't put up a real fight. They just gonna drag their feet and say "tak apa" cause they can still rip the rakyat off. Well, I say :thefinger: Proton.

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
I say bury proton, reduce all taxes and duties for all cars below RM100k (import value before taxes) Hike up taxes for all luxury cars. Turn proton into assemblers and compete with the likes of Tan Chong Motors ,Thai's Just-Auto, Thonburi, Toyoland etc. Open up the automotive market to foreign marque assembly plant. This will create jobs and income to the country and for its rakyat.

One AP every 15 years for each rakyat. I dont see how Naza is helping the rakyat after successfully being the "Towering Malay" might as well give AP directly to the rakyat.....................and for the sake of the Rakyat, build an interconnecting public transport that works throughout the country !!

Proton and Angry customer - YouTube

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think no point arguing how the mechanism will work right now. If AP is abolished and prices drop, there will be winners (the rakyat) and definitely losers (AP holders surely! parallel importers, cronies, Proton & Perodua). ideally, the winners are rakyat and losers the AP kings who are ripping us off.

You know how great companies are great? They either make it or die trying. Apple was near bankruptcy when Steve Jobs went back to be CEO. Without the real threat of dying, Proton won't put up a real fight. They just gonna drag their feet and say "tak apa" cause they can still rip the rakyat off. Well, I say :thefinger: Proton.
That is the problem. If market is open, they will die for sure, unless they revamp. Some big Jap companies are headed by gwai loh nowadays.....but that is not what proton wants.....

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

Well said Ixeo! Winners are definitely the rakyat. Those who do not want this to happen should crawl back under their coconut shell.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I don't pity the AP holders or the local brands.

I just pity the 2nd hand car dealers. If prices are reduced you'll effectively kill 90% of most 2nd hand car sales. Then the only ones that'll survive are those that sell the rare breeds.

How do you guys propose to resolve this issue? (I'm asking a genuine question, not hammering anyone)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I don't pity the AP holders or the local brands.

I just pity the 2nd hand car dealers. If prices are reduced you'll effectively kill 90% of most 2nd hand car sales. Then the only ones that'll survive are those that sell the rare breeds.

How do you guys propose to resolve this issue? (I'm asking a genuine question, not hammering anyone)
Sacrifices have to be made for the better of the majority I guess? :rofl:

Kidding but no idea. If it really happened, what Izso say is true. Still is either the consumers or
the sellers are gonna suffer.

Unless the Government will do something to compensate the 2nd hand car dealers something
before removing the AP or even reduce the AP. By right the G should think of something
to solve the problems that some minority will face. Like 2nd hand car dealers...

But how and what can they do to help, I really have no idea at the moment, buying all the cars
from the dealers is not a good idea either since the G is gonna suffer the loss instead.

What about selling those cars to other countries? Cars like Hilux 2nd hand or anything seems
to be kinda high demand in other countries or certain countries. Since a few got stolen
and sold to other countries...

Then some cars, that suppose to be low price, I guess we can get a 2nd hand kelisa at RM10K
by that time :biggrin:

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
For me and the layman like us here want a big disposable income...so that, we could live quite comfort, taking into consideration the fluctuation of inflation...l think, the main reason y our cars are expensive is mainly becoz they wat to curb the traffic jam in urban area, where most of us reside to make a living...juz like S'pore, to curb the raising volume of cars on the road, the gov introduce COE=Certificate of Extortion by some of their people...the price of COE itself are insane already, depends on what type of vehicle and surely never goes downward...l should say, begins with lower down the interest rates as 3 main debt per household is on housing, car and personal loan...
make it minimal charges i.e 1-3% based on how much we borrowed, and it's a huge savings....lowering the car prices wouldnt bring us anywhere...dont shoot me...my 2cents opinion:listen:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

need to find chop shop contact, those very very old shop.....coz looking for very old stuff...

prefer with contact number.....can call to ask

kl or selangor area
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience