Porsche Cayman S - Full Detail

fishbonezken

Feb 13, 2006
Started with the wheels as usual. Osren Degreaser FX (diluted 2:1), Osren Tar Remover and CarPro IronX was used. First time with the IronX, it works and does changes colour when in contact with brake dust, very useful for getting those hard to reach areas or unreachable areas. However, I didn’t find it to be a more effective cleaner compared with Meguiar’s Wheel Brightener, which is acidic. IronX isn’t exactly cheap, but for a non-acidic cleaner, this is probably as good as it gets, if you have non-clearcoated wheels, this would be a good solution to get them clean. Old wheel weight residue removed with Osren Tar Remover.

Bodywork is washed with with Osren Nano Wash, using Lake Country Big Blue sponge, cut into two. They should come pre-cut already, it’s so much easier to hold and use, also gets into the cracks where the actual sized Big Blue could not. Paint is smoothened with Osren Magic Clay Cloth, followed by Osren Tar Remover on the lower panels. Lastly, IronX is used, it dissolved iron particles in areas where the Clay Cloth couldn’t reach, such as the emblems and door handle cracks.

Paintwork had the usual car wash swirls and nothing major.

Correction process was:

1. Compound with Meguiar’s #105 Ultra Cut Compound on a Lake Country Purple Foamed Wool/4-Ply Twisted wool via rotary polisher at ~1500rpms.
  2. Polished with Meguiar’s #205 Ultra Finishing Polish on a Lake Country White Kompressor Pad via rotary polisher at ~1500 rpms.
  3. Finished with G|Techniq P1 Nanoscopic Polish on a Lake Country Black finishing pad via dual-action polisher at speed 5-6.

Head lights and tail lights correction combo same as paintwork. Coated with G|Techniq C1 Crystal Lacquer.

After about 16 hours of machine polishing, all tapes were removed and car was given a good rinsing to remove all the polishing dust. Panel edges were polished with M105 to remove dried compound residue. Intricate areas were polished with G|Techniq P1 Nanoscopic Polish.

Wheels were polished with G|techniq P1 Nanoscopic Polish with Detailogy(orange cutting pad) on Dodo Juice DA. Coated with G|Techniq C5 Wheel Armour.

Floor mats were cleaned with Meguiar’s All Purpose Cleaner (diluted 4:1) and extracted out. Protected with G|Techniq I1 Smart Fabric. Leather cleaned with Osren Leather Cleaner and protected with Meguiar’s Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner and G|Techniq L1 Leather Guard.

Paint was then coated with G|Techniq C1 Crystal Lacquer. Tires dressed with Soft99 Tire Dressing. Some flash photos.

Fast forward one week and the car was washed and given a quick spray coating with G|Techniq C2 Liquid Crystal. The owner also did some aesthetic changes such as Carbon Fibre sticker to the front lip splitter and blacked out the tail lights.

Enjoy the after shots below!

A nearby car was starting to feel jealous and decided steal the limelight, haha! Love the looks.

After the shoot, it was about 3 am and we went to have some drinks and toast bread. Totally delish after sweating through the shoot.

That’s it folks! Thanks for looking, time to end this post with a short movie I made. View in HD!

YouTube - ‪Detailing a Porsche Cayman S by WetShine.Net‬‏

Also would like to thank KC, BIG TIME for his referral of this car. This post wouldn’t happen without you, KC, THANK YOU!!! Check out his work here: Car detailer

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Awesome work there man!

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
T_T ur post make me wanna cry fishbonezken, its so wet, the porsche is so wet....so touching restoration!

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
another master piece sifu fish

COngrats again buddy

Thanks for your kind rescue that day, my pic turn out great - sorry to detour ur homeward bound ya - great yongnuo

highly recommended

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

What benefit can I gain if I go to short air ram ?
What is the pro and con? can share here? Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience