1. Bump posts missing? We are spring cleaning the Forums so these posts are being removed to optimize the database further. Don't be concerned, you can continue to do whatever you do. Will be developing the site further as well through the coming weeks so do watch out for those! You can close this notice now
    Dismiss Notice

Popping exhaust sound !!

Discussion in 'Car Modification' started by Ede61, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Ede61

Ede61 Senior Member

2. ronzai89

ronzai89 5 Year | Silver

Y not?

Muffler.

3. khellvinne

khellvinne 5 Year | Silver

its cool but i dont think is efficiency if u custom made outside, unless is ori fix on then it will popping, then is engineered.
    As Ronzai said, Lotus muffler system, ori engineering, RM1300 per set.

4. langsuyrx

langsuyrx Senior Member

pop..pop..pop... :idea:

5. DanzEterna

DanzEterna Moderator
    Moderator Senior Member

remove 1 plug cable & rev hehe....

#5 DanzEterna, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  6. Ede61

Ede61 Senior Member

I did.. I did a set of s-flow exhaust from usj 1 (Ah Heng) but does not have that popping sound when i let the throttle go.. I realize most of this sound come from satria neo..

7. ronzai89

ronzai89 5 Year | Silver

More likely on muffler design it seems, not cars :D

8. Kagerosan

Kagerosan 5 Year | Silver

if i remove the resonator (tabung belakang) from my exhaust system, will i suffer any power loss instead of increasing the exhaust loudness? how long is the best size of resonator for 1.6na?

9. jeffayn

jeffayn Senior Member

Actually the popping sound is the most likely to be the unburned fuel, exploding in the exhaust system and cause it to be "popping"

This happened quite a lot usually after a change from stock to performance exhaust, where the ori tuned is still not adapting to it

My customer usually as me how to get rid or minimized that sound, instead of enhancing that sound :biggrin:

10. Kagerosan

Kagerosan 5 Year | Silver

bro pls answer my question (above).. i add 1 more question.
    is it good if i use muffler with 2.2" inlet but using piping 2" size from extractor till muffler?

11. jeffayn

jeffayn Senior Member

I can't give you the exact solution.
    Exhaust always the deserted art in the automobile industries. Often people think exhaust is another piece of metal, but you know, the european spending millions to ensure the sound of exhaust in a bmw or mb or jaguar is tune to perfection.

Take example of ANSA who spended millions on a "sound room" to tune their exhaust, so when the vehicle or even truck are running of the road, the sound is tune like music to your ears.

The simple way you can do is to have a look and measure the diameter of the sample, and go ahead with "trial n error" error method will lead you to there....

It is a common practice the diameter of the exhaust system to start from smaller to bigger , this is because we need to create a vacuum situation where the exhaust gas will flow out from your engine to the environment safely. Or else you will be punishing your exhaust system to overwork.

So i see no harm for you to use a 2-1/4 dia rear exhaust.

12. mcliong1

mcliong1 Senior Member

my honda city change to m7 super street straight muffler also got pop pop when let go the rev... This is consider ok or i need to tune it? thanks

13. prince jr

prince jr Senior Member

i got this sound by my 5zigen muffler that actually for mivec vtec engine...

14. Blackheart617

Blackheart617 5 Year | Silver

it depends on ur engine..if ur engine is 1.8N/A and above, 2" piping and inlet is da most suitable system for ur car.if turbo, u can use 2.2" and above. if u don't use da right exhaust system, ur car will loose torque and increse ur fc and of course ur money..
    just my 2cent