Poor car dealer and SC. Penangties beware!!

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Forumers,

Fortunately this is not happening to me. But unfortunately, it happened to my friend who's from Penang.

My friend sold her P2 Viva and got herself a new Saga FL 1.3. Nightmare begins since then.

She got the car for almost 6 months now. And the fuel consumption is really a hell of a bitch. With RM60 of RON95 in tank, she only manages to clock 200km. I mean, even if everyday pedal to the metal, you can hardly get that figure, cant you? RM60 on a Saga, as I believe, can go up to 360km AT LEAST !!

So she called her friend (the sales person) and asked him about this. Well, dat dude just said it's her luck and dat he cant do a shit bout it. He asked her to contact the service center..cincai one service center and sort it out. He also claimed that after sales service got nothing to do with him. She should ONLY deal with service center. Wat a jerk :thefinger:

So she called the service center and told them the situation. The service center dude was not helpful at all. He told her to come to service and they sell an additive to her, which can increase the fuel consumption by 100km. Obviously, the service center is trying to sell her some useless shit instead of repairing the car (the car is still under warranty). Then she explained to him that this cannot be the case coz even if it increases by 100km, it is still only 300km which is very high fuel consumption. She asked him whether can he check the problem immediately..and try to slot in an earlier time in the schedule for her. Know wat dat faggot said? He said that this has nothing to fark with him and what his job is only fit in a schedule for her as he's not a technician. Upon seeing him so rude, my fren asked for his name.

And this was wat he replied: "Why do I need to tell u my name? My name is none of your business. Im temporarily replacing the car people only. If you want then you drive your car come and test your luck". He hung up straight away after that.

Back to the car sales man. My friend paid for the insurance and road tax, which cost her RM2k. But to her surprise, it was only for half a year. Half a year !! RM2k !! Obviously my friend did not check the documents (the sales man is her fren), and obviously she got cheated. She is so frustrated that she did not even bother to argue anymore.

Well the reason I created this thread is to share the possibilities of what can happen to all car buyers. Make sure you go through every documents, and do some researches before buying (e.g. check with another branch).

Some of the details...this dude got both P1 and P2 showroom business

Car Showroom: Proton
Au*obi*ee O*ie*tal Sdn. Bhd.
Address: 2**-*, Jalan Air Itam, Pulau Pinang, 11400.

Car Showroom: Perodua
Au*obi*ee Sdn. Bhd. No. 1**, Tye Sin Street, 10300, Pulau Pinang.

Service Center:
J*C* Ser*ic*s Sdn Bhd 1**-A, Jalan Sungai Pinang, Penang 10150, Penang Tel: 04-2*11*7*

If our local made cars business are handled by more people like this, no hope langsung..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i would suggest to go to branch service centre and sort it out, they can assist...cos some of my friends driving blm can get good consumption. anyway my advice is to purchase from someone reliable rather than walk in and book....sorry to hear yr friend's story...sad ppl nowaday just wash hand like that

ahjamm

Feb 9, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
seriously, they are just doing whats within their job scope.
how do you expect someone to fix your FC?
rebuild your whole car?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
seriously, they are just doing whats within their job scope.
how do you expect someone to fix your FC?
rebuild your whole car?
lol...I assume that you've read my thread. Kindly read again, and again. Let me make it short so you can capture it

1. The car is Saga FL 1.3L
2. Girl Driver, Penang Island driving
3. RM60 runs for 200km
4. Within their job scope? After sales service is not the sales persons job scope? Speaking politely to customers is not the service center job scope? If these are not, I dont know what is.
5. The car is under warranty. Well if you own an ordinary car, your fuel consumption suddenly high like Pamela Anderson's mountains, you dont give a damn and thought dat's because of the car model so live with it?

Mayb some of the Saga FL users here can clarify. With RM60 of RON95, how many kilometers you would get. Even my old 20 years old nissan sentra runs better than 200km.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

i would suggest to go to branch service centre and sort it out, they can assist...cos some of my friends driving blm can get good consumption. anyway my advice is to purchase from someone reliable rather than walk in and book....sorry to hear yr friend's story...sad ppl nowaday just wash hand like that
Thanks for the advice. Well, she bought dat car from a person she had known for 6 years!! Can you believe it? Really is "mm suk mm thong" (taking advantage of fren). I think if walk in to cincai any showroom would have resulted better. Saga BLM has good fuel consumption..alot better than many cars so for sure there's a prob with the car.

I asked her to complaint straight to Proton HQ. Write in to them.:smokin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Send to Proton SC, not Dealer SC. Proton SC should be better equipped and technically also (hope so) to check on this.
I had some claims and service matter on my wife's Chery SUV and when sent to Dealer's SC, always say this and that.
Later got fed up, so went to Chery HQ SC, and got it done earlier and faster.
As for the FC, it is even worst then my VR4 turbo consumption. Better send in for check up....

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Thanks for the advice. Well, she bought dat car from a person she had known for 6 years!! Can you believe it? Really is "mm suk mm thong" (taking advantage of fren). I think if walk in to cincai any showroom would have resulted better. Saga BLM has good fuel consumption..alot better than many cars so for sure there's a prob with the car.

I asked her to complaint straight to Proton HQ. Write in to them.:smokin:[/QUOTE]
bro,

i understand your frustration, i am driving persona, its a 1.6 auto m-line, my fuel consumption is on estimation rm70 for 350km in town drive and i drive quite harshly...i mean high rpm most of the time....if drive moderately i guess can reach 400km....
so saga blm i think if not worse than me at least around 300km would be justifiable for rm60.

do write to proton or call their call centre at 1300880888.....

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for all the advice. I shall update you guys soon..Dont knw whether she will make the report or not..but i shall persuade her wakakak...canot let our rights gone just like that !

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
i don't know why people want to tell story then censor the name. either do a full disclosure or shut the hell up. w*a* t*e f*c* w*t* t*h s*ars. as for your friend its unfortunate because she know the wrong people and kena con.

she should be thankful that her friend only cheated her money and nothing more else her life would be miserable. ask her to wise up. for all you know that car could be a rejected lemon.

regarding the con case can make police report, produce all the receipts. about the car, call Proton i care directly.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sometimes, this type of thing can get counter sued, so just to be on the safe side.....
Unless very sure, or have case against them, maybe then can post in full.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i don't know why people want to tell story then censor the name. either do a full disclosure or shut the hell up. w*a* t*e f*c* w*t* t*h s*ars. as for your friend its unfortunate because she know the wrong people and kena con.

she should be thankful that her friend only cheated her money and nothing more else her life would be miserable. ask her to wise up. for all you know that car could be a rejected lemon.

regarding the con case can make police report, produce all the receipts. about the car, call Proton i care directly.
You may get sued for defamation. Although you have all the evidence to show, we would try to avoid any trouble which will waste our precious time. The stars I put isn't many, one would easily understand if he or she is from Penang

Cheers

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
cvkit, I think you should not be afraid to post full details of the person and where he works because it's a fact how he treated your friend or I would say customer. What he did is breaking his own rice bowl. Don't give face to these kind of person. Spread the news out. This world will be a better place without these kinds of goons...

How the service center person reacted was very rude. You can write to I Care to tell them the whole story.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Kinda find that BLM is indeed makan minyak...From Kepong to KL thru and flow, will drop one bar and
Yes, I'm a heavy footer for sure...high rev and pedal to the metal.

Full tank to From Kepong to Ipoh, roughly 200KM at constant speed of 110km/h - 120km/h only
drop the most like 3 or 4 bars. Highway wise, still acceptable for FC.

City drive, kinda makan minyak, kinda have to tekan more to gain more pick up...

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yes, underpower...beh tahan, I have to drop to gear 3 to gain slightly more pick up...
even if drive normal Kepong - KL thru and flow, will drop 1 bar...so roughly 1 week
RM60 petrol. For 1 month around RM250+...:smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Hybrids will Attack Sepang next Sunday! (May 20th) - We've just added a new, all green and eco Sports Hybrid Class within the TIMETOATTACK 2012. Recognizing the recent increase in Hybrid ownership, especially with the inception of the new Honda CR-Z taking hybrid performance to the next level, we feel it's about time they get their own segment in motorsports...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience