Polo: Watermark!!!! no problem.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Greetings earthlings,

Today I bring you a hot red sexy little thang called a Flesh Red Polo (owner is a colleague of mine and she says the color code is Flesh Red.)

Da story:
Car is more than 1 year old but less than two years old. Have been sent to some auto detalier previously and my colleague feels that its time to give it some pampering again before her wedding.

So off she goes sending the car in for a treatment.

Condition upon arrival is..... WOOT, looks nice in the pic.

Or is it? Bird poo on the bonnet being baked by the heat of the engine.

Ants running around the windscreen which is pretty dirty

More bird poo at the spoiler.

Never detailed before rims.

Closer looks shows that..... its kinda......

Lots of tar stains

Dirt around the cars

More dirt

Obvious place but seldom washed area

Dirt at the door area

Shoe shuffle marks

After the car was given a Osren Bubble & Wax bath, it was OPC 1:3 all da way and below is the result. Dirty but not as dirty as I expected it.

Clayed the car...... only certain spots was pretty contaminated especially the roof, the rear and the lower region. The front bonnet and all seems pretty good.

Da owner giving it a try at claying

Check out this stain....

Macam chewing gum again?

Clay and OPC the thing

And as KC goes.... TADDAAAA

This is the semi legendary DarkAccoon setting up his halogen lamp

This is da owner of red hot sexy babe taping off parts that does not want to get polished off. YES, that is masking tape on her head..... I did that cause its fun.

Rear windscreen taped off..... CAR OF DA YEAR 2010

Sides were taped off as well.

Headlamp were tape off as well. Did not actually intend to polish the headlamps but looking at the rainbox color watermark on it.... it was just too tempting for someone as passionate as me

This is da watermark on all the glass.

Check out the leg stance and da seriousness in handling a power tool. Never take power tools for granted as it will do a lot of damage to everything around it. *With great powers, comes great responsibilities.*

Evenly polished, nice and hazy

Da owner decided to give it a try as well.

Determined to get rib of the watermark and master da rotary

Results!!!!! I let it speak for itself

I took over the wheel and continued the polishing. The previous photo still does have some watermark left.

And the end results of a master windscreen polisher

After all glass and headlamp were polished, its time to give the hot babe a bath again. Again with Osren Bubble and Wax

Doesn't the babe look pretty hot already.....

Dripping wet babe.

That would be me washing

That would be her drying. Cloth used is a chamois. Super absorbent and used correctly, will not create swirls during the drying process.

On to the wheels

OPC 1:3 and you get flowing goodness....

Without even agitating it...... I did agitate it later after this photo was taken

And ya get this at the end of it all. Note: The rims were pretty messed with tar spots all over. I did not have the time to clay the rims nicely.

Almost done....

Interior was given a quick wipe down with ONR...... YES, I used ONR to wipe the interior. HOHOHO.

Exterior was then Opti-Sealed and Optimum Car Wax, and you get awesome gloss

Now, this is a clean car... sorta.... to be revealed later.

Reflection shot...... lovely.....

All glass were given the Opti-Seal treatment and you get the below results
(According to the lovely lady whom owns the car, previously, she paid RM200 just to get the front and back windscreen coated with some glass coating so that water beads......and it lasted ONLY 3 MONTHS). Opti Seal can be used for the entire car wei.......

Note:
- Driver side glass was polished whereas the passenger side glass were cleaned using FormalHero watermark remover.
- Front and back windscreen has wiper hence I opt to polished instead of using watermark remover.
- Headlamps rainbow color watermark was easily polished off with 1 pass of Optimum Hyper Polish
- I was suppose to do paint correction as well on this car due to the many swirls and watermark on the paint + bird poo stains. However, due to logical thinking that the driver is most of the time inside the car, I gave priority to the interior which the owner agrees as well.
- I promised the owner that I will give her babe another sexy treatment when the time comes FOC cause I myself am not really satisfied with this result.
- Time constraint was due to owner personal reasons..... *cannot be revealed here.* hehe.
- Paying RM200 to get your front and rear windscreen coated with some weird glass coating which only beads water for 3 months.... not cool. Opti-Coat makes more economical sense. 1 bottle can detailed up to 40 full size cars.... or probably a big huge ass gas tanker.

Total time spend: 9.5 hours
Items used: OPC 1:0, 1:3, 1:5, ONR, Soft bristle brush, brush, lots of cloths, Optimum Car Wax, Opti-Seal, Osren Bubble and Wax, Optimum Hyper Polish, Optimum Double Sided Foam Pad, Makita 9227C
Satisfaction Level: Personally I was not really satisfied. Given more time, I can turn this car around even further.

Please leave me your comments (good or bad) as it is much appreciated.

Last edited:

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Nice job DA. Now even higher standard.... No more slippers! :-)

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Very nice job and comical narration! What's with the tape on head lol? I myself haven't tried OHP on glass yet. Must try it some day...

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Nice job DA. Now even higher standard.... No more slippers! :-)
Now getting poorer and poorer, cannot afford slippers also...:P. I find it easier to move about without shoes and slippers. Plus I am confident there is no nails on my car porch

Very nice job and comical narration! What's with the tape on head lol? I myself haven't tried OHP on glass yet. Must try it some day...
Thanks man, I try to make the reading as interesting as possible but posting this while in the office, gotta tone it down and make it fast before boss appear. The tape..... erm..... i dunno, it was just for fun. No story behind it.

You should try OHP on the glass. Pretty good result. I was tempted to use OHC but was afraid that it might scratch the glass due to its aggressive nature.

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
Nice RED! It will look even more awesome if you Optimum Instant Detailer it. It works for my red. :top:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Nice RED! It will look even more awesome if you Optimum Instant Detailer it. It works for my red. :top:
Thanks for the advice. Perhaps you can show us some before and after shots. Maybe a 50/50 so the rest of the forum members can know how good the Instant Detailer is.

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
I wish I could but it would be difficult as I have the whole car covered with OID on a weekly basis and sometimes twice a week. I don't intend to strip any LSP just yet. But I can tell you the red is brighter & slicker with OID. My ride looks cleaner too. :proud:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/105898-optimum-instant-detailer.html

This was the post that got me into trying OID and I got hooked ever since.
Wow.... weekly basis. You damn semangat. I wash my car once a week at most or probably once every two weeks if my schedule is super packed. But I only OCW my car say once a month or if extreme once every 2 weeks (only if the water beading is no longer present).

Its unfortunate that you could not show us a 50/50 comparison. Would have been more convincing rather than just words. Just my 2 cents worth of thought.

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
Wow.... weekly basis. You damn semangat. I wash my car once a week at most or probably once every two weeks if my schedule is super packed. But I only OCW my car say once a month or if extreme once every 2 weeks (only if the water beading is no longer present).

Its unfortunate that you could not show us a 50/50 comparison. Would have been more convincing rather than just words. Just my 2 cents worth of thought.
Hehe... I don't treat her(my ride) as a normal mode of transport. Once in a while need to treat her to a nice bath when she is dirty, provide some cosmestics(waxes,quick detailers,...etc), feed her quality engine oil/fluids...etc, buy her nice branded tires, pay to get a covered parking if free covered parking remains none, don't park her at high human traffic like main entrances when ever possible...etc I remember Veloc made up a list similar to this last time.

When one day if I decided to sell/part my ride then at least I enjoyed the quality time it spends with me. Our ride is our pride and joy. I don't think I'm a servant... more like a caring owner. As KC said... a vehicle is second most expensive after our houses.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
I would like to correct KC on that..... the car is not the 2nd most expensive.

Let me list down according to order:

1st: Kids
2nd: Wife
3rd: House
4th: Car

Hehe, just kidding. Glad that you love your ride so much. I do take caution on where I park (tiny parking spot, I will avoid if possible).

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
I would like to correct KC on that..... the car is not the 2nd most expensive.

Let me list down according to order:

1st: Kids
2nd: Wife
3rd: House
4th: Car

Hehe, just kidding. Glad that you love your ride so much. I do take caution on where I park (tiny parking spot, I will avoid if possible).
You know what is the "difference between other works and yours....is....

"I will show you....how" that to show that you are not selfish but generous to train others...empower them & transferring the ownership to her.....not whacking up her $$$...now that she know how difficult to restores her paint...she wouldnt be sending off to road side car wash to be abused again...

some like to show off but you have carried the Detailien spirit.....

Proud of you......keep that up

Thank you for sharing

Last edited:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Sifu KC,

Indeed, ada sifu, ada murid mar.

You teach me for free, I also must carry on the spirit and teach others for free.

Takkan expect payment for something I got for free wert. Sides, the owner was a quick learner.... just a bit too short to detail the higher parts of her car..... even if the polo is not that high.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Sifu KC,

Indeed, ada sifu, ada murid mar.

You teach me for free, I also must carry on the spirit and teach others for free.

Takkan expect payment for something I got for free wert. Sides, the owner was a quick learner.... just a bit too short to detail the higher parts of her car..... even if the polo is not that high.
Bro I am very PROUD of you...not only for the meticulous work you display but your true heart of a detailer is shown THRU your works & not words

More over the spirit of sharing & empowering makes your whole detailing journey more meaningful