Polo TSI vs 308 Turbo vs Fiesta S vs CRZ

Best All Rounder - Power, Fuel, Fun, Resale, Reliability.

• Polo TSI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 308 Turbo

• Fiesta S

• CR-Z

• Total voters

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hey tuned! Where did you go for the CR-Z test drive? The honda showroom along the LDP didn't allow customers to test drive the car cuz it's a manual -.-"

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
Hi quicksilver7,

I tested it at Glenmarie, the sales person wasn't even afraid nor needed to register me, he just pass me the keys and let my wife and i took it for a drive (with him in the car of coz).

Have fun.

It's a nice ride nevertheless, just dun have any expectations and u'll be fine. ;)

Oh btw, he mentioned that they have a few stocks in hand, plus they probably might take booking for the CVT that's coming soon.

Cheers

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
Oh, the salesman did mentioned that the gen-9 civic is arriving real soon...probably 3rd quarter...

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
The CRZ is a really fun care to drive.It handles well. Got that nippy Lotus feel to it and the gearbox is just so lovely. It will be able to take on most 2.0 cars and give them a run for their money. Still, its a NA car, can't push out much more HP unless you are willing to spend. Also, its a 2 door, practicality is not there. I am loving every minute in mine. :)

I have driven the Polo TSI and it will not handle anywhere near the CRZ. The 308 is not as nippy as the CRZ but I do like how the 308 handles for a daily driving car.

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
tIANcI,

yup, CR-Z drives and handles well, rides pretty comfy too.

thanks for your advice.

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
Tuned ... CRZ is best with 215s and slightly harder shocks. The UR rear sway bar does wonders but the tower shocks do not make much of a difference, it's a lousy design. Just saw that the CRZ has no less than 118HP at the wheel. That means it will give your average C segment 2.0 cars a run for their money. Civic has about 150hp at the crank, probably 125 max at the wheel with an auto. So you can see the CRZ can be pitted against the Civic.

Only thing is the CRZ being a 2 door will not sell that hot in Malaysia. Almost every dealer has stock in hand.

Tan Kin Sung

From Facebook
Oct 26, 2010
www.facebook.com
CR-Z is for me. Load of aftermarket parts from stock to 400hp. Great styling. Wicked dashboard and it change colour when you rev it hard :) Can't wait to get my itchy hands onto the car if I can afford one. A modded unit can even out run a stock Euro civic type-R. Just love it....

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
Tan ... To outrun the Euro you will spend like 15,000 Euros too! Hehehe ... Frankly, at the moment it's expensive to squeeze a mere 25hp out of her in NA form. You gonna need new intake manifold, full set of pipes, bigger throttle body, Hondata etc. HKS SC will set you back RM17k+3.5k for full set of pipes. AXT turbo is a superb deal, turbo plus pipes, controller, K&N intake etc for a mere 9k only.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Hey tuned! Where did you go for the CR-Z test drive? The honda showroom along the LDP didn't allow customers to test drive the car cuz it's a manual -.-"
The LDP showroom salesman told me don't have test drive models instead...but I knew another sales girl that even willing to drives it to my house to let me test drive but have yet to call her yet. :biggrin:

BUt she is base in KL though...

For me, I would choose CR-Z anytime...so many performance parts and upgrades available for the CR-Z...the specially made SC by HKS is indeed mouth-watering that would increase its HP up
to around 200HP...at stock it drives like a 1.8cc. But with 200HP, I can't imagine it...:love:

Last edited:

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
Totally understand the modding potentials guys, as well as I am not looking to outrun any 2.0 or watsoever.
I just need something with decent power, fun, nippy, and practical (to a certain extent) and I think I've found 'it'.

Test driving the CR-Z is seriously not bad, but somehow it wasn't as how I expected it to be, probably not for me and part of my consideration.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Dude, the Polo GTi would put you back into Focus TDCi pricing. Strongly recommend that you take a look at the Focus now - much more practical on the long run compared to a Polo

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
Hi, you are right about the cost.

I've in fact checked out the Focus TDCi too when I decided that I could be considering the Polo GTI.
However, I was informed that the new focus in arriving soon, hence buying the current models weren't recommended.

Anyway, the Polo GTI is a different beast altogether. ;)

Dec 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Well, that's true.
But the new MK3 Focus will only come in 1.6(?) and 2.0 NA form only. The TDCi will continue to sell as the current MK2 model for some time yet (Thailand factory only manufacturers the NA petrol at the moment)