Polo 1.2 TSI worth modding?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Straight road,and like I said the myvi had an ecu remap with a turbo
That is an unfair comparison already. Was actually thinking some stock Myvi. With turbocharging, the power levels can rise more than 2 times the original output depending on how much you can spend on the engine. Just tell your friend that it doesn't matter if the Myvi tapau him because this is not a fair comparison in the first place anyway. If the Myvi fella is bragging, can tell him back, if you swapped a turbo engine into your car, your friend can also swap in a Golf GTI engine into his Polo and then we'll see what the result is.

Anyway, just don't bother about the Myvi with turbo. Even if your friend modified his Polo to defeat this Myvi turbo, the Myvi turbo can also do the same and further increase his power to defeat your friend again. Never ending match until somebody gives up.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Okay. Case closed. Just ixeo rushing home to poop. Should stop taking spicy food. See how one man's poop becomes another man's bruised ego :biggrin:
Actually Ixeo is telling us the truth (he is really in nature call rush) and he previously edi mentioned this (see below screenshot from his another post). So I believe he is really rushing home to poop after he squeezed the throttle.

upload_2018-9-3_17-43-4.png

Reactions: parakey

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
First there was turbochargers.
Then came superchargers.
Next it was electric power.
Little do they realise poop power is so powerful

Reactions: Ranjanmax

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Dude... I've sat in the god-car Myvi 1.5 manual up Ulu Yam roads and I've personally experienced how fast a "slow car" can be under the management of a fast driver. It's not the car - it's the driver. Then there was the time a certain Pikachu out paced a Lambo up the same roads.

I've given up on ego/pride. As long as the car in front of me isn't being a dumbass I don't care what's in front of me or what overtakes me. I only take offense to those driving slower than me hogging roads.

@Ranjanmax if I'm not mistaken the re-map done by a shop will cost about 2800 give or take. Freelancers can do it cheaper maybe 2k and below.

On a separate note I know a guy who has the VW ECU software and he enabled a lot of switched-off features on his Jetta using the software as he bought the lowest spec model. All they do is disable the features on the lower end model most of the time which is cool since he upgraded to the top spec free.
Then again when on the road, you'll never be entirely sure that the other guy in the Lambo really care to layan you or not. If I were in a Lambo, I certainly wouldn't due to my principle that I had mentioned earlier.

And what, just a remap cost some bloody rm2800 for just a VW Polo???

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i love to play with bigger cars. especially contis. looking at their reaction when a puny wira is following behind is priceless. but i will definitely kena smoke on long straights but not on the bends. :rofl:
Yup, last Saturday I probably surprised some white Mazda 6 2.5 (before the Skyactive model) and a grey CLA200.

Reactions: sanekit

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
First there was turbochargers.
Then came superchargers.
Next it was electric power.
Little do they realise poop power is so powerful
You know what they say... when a man’s gotta go he gotta go.

Then again when on the road, you'll never be entirely sure that the other guy in the Lambo really care to layan you or not. If I were in a Lambo, I certainly wouldn't due to my principle that I had mentioned earlier.

Remapping a Polo or a Golf costs the same, since it takes the same effort and same amount of R&D.

If I were in a Lamborghini, I would drive in the middle lane or left lane damn slow even a Kancil can keep up, so they can see my smug face driving it. The only time I’m gonna drive fast and furious is when I need to poop.

Cause if I had the money to buy a Lamborghini, it means I’m not stupid. If I’m not stupid, I know if I want to race I’ll just buy a track car or race my Lamborghini in Sepang.

Reactions: alcyon

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

True. But if you drive a Lambo up and down Ulu Yam, I'm pretty certain you're there for the drive, not for a slow and leisurely drive. But like you said, given the same skill level, the lambo would dust that Satria in an instant if it were properly driven. Not all owners are good drivers imho.

And yes - remapping is not a cheap affair.

Reactions: Ranjanmax

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
why bother with miyabi...

they tapao my 2.0 tebo manual anyday also...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah maybe economic wise, I'm not on that level yet of just doing remap for that much money! For Mark X, it will cost below rm1k nowadays (last time was more expensive up to 1.5k due to not many knowing how to really fiddle around the stock ECU). Then for my SSS, I only paid rm350 to load up the RRP v2 map. Maybe someday if I get an Evo or AMG A45 then I will know better.

As for the Lambo guy, he has so much to loose so why would he want to risk it just to layan some pesky cars? He may want to enjoy a good drive for himself but most likely not go ballistic to risk his precious Lambo right?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
As for the Lambo guy, he has so much to loose so why would he want to risk it just to layan some pesky cars? He may want to enjoy a good drive for himself but most likely not go ballistic to risk his precious Lambo right?
yes if that's the situation I agree. But his Lambo was making a point to not let the "pesky cars" pass and drove aggressively.. So I'd say it wasn't just a "good drive".

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
That is an unfair comparison already. Was actually thinking some stock Myvi. With turbocharging, the power levels can rise more than 2 times the original output depending on how much you can spend on the engine. Just tell your friend that it doesn't matter if the Myvi tapau him because this is not a fair comparison in the first place anyway. If the Myvi fella is bragging, can tell him back, if you swapped a turbo engine into your car, your friend can also swap in a Golf GTI engine into his Polo and then we'll see what the result is.

Anyway, just don't bother about the Myvi with turbo. Even if your friend modified his Polo to defeat this Myvi turbo, the Myvi turbo can also do the same and further increase his power to defeat your friend again. Never ending match until somebody gives up.
true true, i told my friend not to worry much since he has a nearly stock car and the myvi isn't. But he wants to mod his car besides the fact that he kena tapao.. You know the typical want more power kind of guy :pepsi:

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
You know what they say... when a man’s gotta go he gotta go.

Remapping a Polo or a Golf costs the same, since it takes the same effort and same amount of R&D.

If I were in a Lamborghini, I would drive in the middle lane or left lane damn slow even a Kancil can keep up, so they can see my smug face driving it. The only time I’m gonna drive fast and furious is when I need to poop.

Cause if I had the money to buy a Lamborghini, it means I’m not stupid. If I’m not stupid, I know if I want to race I’ll just buy a track car or race my Lamborghini in Sepang.
Ixeo all about the poop

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Dude... I've sat in the god-car Myvi 1.5 manual up Ulu Yam roads and I've personally experienced how fast a "slow car" can be under the management of a fast driver. It's not the car - it's the driver. Then there was the time a certain Pikachu out paced a Lambo up the same roads.

I've given up on ego/pride. As long as the car in front of me isn't being a dumbass I don't care what's in front of me or what overtakes me. I only take offense to those driving slower than me hogging roads.

@Ranjanmax if I'm not mistaken the re-map done by a shop will cost about 2800 give or take. Freelancers can do it cheaper maybe 2k and below.

On a separate note I know a guy who has the VW ECU software and he enabled a lot of switched-off features on his Jetta using the software as he bought the lowest spec model. All they do is disable the features on the lower end model most of the time which is cool since he upgraded to the top spec free.
can recommend me the software the person you know used? or maybe just get me connected to him?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
can recommend me the software the person you know used? or maybe just get me connected to him?
if i'm not mistaken it's autoimage performance in sunway. But I don't know for sure. Your frends best bet is to go to club pages and get their recommendation there.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I had this wonderful opportunity to be able to help my buddy to beautify his interior....but there is TIME & COST effective ...limitation issue... he needed the ride in less than an hour.....

most commonly problem for any germans ride.....my bud thought Malaysia is too hot...so hot till the knobs in his ride melted....as you dont find in any other ...as they are not rubberished...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience