Plz help microtech & haltech dilema

s_gosal

Jun 23, 2005
Indonesia
Hi, wanna ask what ecu better for FD? I got Microtech LT10s im using in my GTIR PULSAR RNN14. Recently i bought Haltech e6x as my garage advice me.

As far as i know that Microtech well known for FD/Rotary engine.

But my garage said if using Haltech ecu, i dont have to Top-up/add extra oil into FD engine. not like Microtech.

some garage advice me that haltech has noise distorsion(storing) problem with ECU, sometimes ecu error if using on Rotary engine.

Im confuse now, please help me.

If really the Microtech better on rotary, then ill swap my microtech on GTIR Pulsar to Haltech, then the FD using microtech.

thanks

S. gosal

theseira

Known Member
Oct 18, 2006
If u gonna use the car as a street weapon with driveability in mind....get rid of both those ECU's you have...install an original one instead and call me at 0163738656. 380ps for a street going rotary would be enough with a couple of add ons my friend has. He is good with rotaries.....trust me and call me....Heath.:regular_smile:

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
i would say go with a powerFC as they have all the functionality of a stock ECU and yet, fully programable.

the only thing they lack of is a solenoid that controls boost and also ignition amplifier that some ECU built in...

or you can either source for more information on FCON IS or AEM plug and play ECU.

s_gosal

Jun 23, 2005
Indonesia
hi theseira, i would like to contact u but the car and my location in indonesia, jakarta:( but thansk for the advice:) i might call u for futher advice hope u can help me some more :)

and i dont have standard ecu, since i bought the car not in running condition, tats why i bought haltech. and i think after few advice from zth,hmmm haltech is good option and let pulsar gtir stay with microtech.

and use haltech for fd

oh yeah should i buy overhoul kit from RA super seal? cos the car that i bought, the engine has not been run for 2 yrs.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i was in indonesia for a couple of tuning runs with some re owners there. i'd stay with the microtech. if your microtech is a generic plug and play then it will not control the omp (oil metering pump). you can then pre-mix in your fuel tank during refueling. Another way around this is to convert your electric omp to mechanical FC oil pump. SOme vendors also carry an external oil injection setup to counter the problem.You can also contact microtech and get them to add a aux 5v output to control the pump but it requires you to send unit back to australia and theres cost and time involved.

In terms of ecu - there really is no best ecu. the best scenario is to get an ecu which is fully supported in your country. What kind of mods do you have?

theseira

Known Member
Oct 18, 2006
Oh...sorry 'bout that man. I didn't see that you're from Indonesia.:_:

SomeGuy_sg

Known Member
Oct 2, 2004
Mm...why would you wanna do that ? The newer Haltech E6K can control the electric stepper motor for the OMP. The LT series has already superseeded by the LTX series of Microtech ECUs. For a DD , i think the haltech would make a better choice. For race, than a Microtech might be better.
As for the RA seals , i would wait till you cracked open the engine and check what seals you are using. You don't wanna spend extra money just to mill the rotors to accomodate the 3mm RA seals. For me, i would use OEM mazda seals. If you want to get a full rebuilt kit, Atkins rotary, mazdtrix are kinda cheap. There are a few people that sell rebuilt kits on the Australian rotary site ie; Ausrotary.com The kits there might be a bit cheaper.
I would, IMHO, try to start the engine first . Drain the old fuel out of the tank. Pour in some fresh petrol with a little 2-stroke oil just to help it lube up. If the engine is carbon lock. Hit up rx7club.com and search on decarbon engine or something like that . It would help you turn your motor over if it can.
I could go on and on :P but i think i would stop here.