please give advice for newbie

reubenc

Known Member
Apr 22, 2004
wow, interesting...
did some search but cant find any spec sheet on the kelisa rs.
just a few articles...

killerloop25

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
If you guys want hands on maybe you could try it on gravel first as it is less stress on your chassis, gearbox and tyres. If you start throwing your car on a tarmac you're gonna wear off the tyres very fast. Unless you go ahead and buy used up tyres. That's the tips that I got from Karam yesterday. As far as checking with WSM, I can do some checking up with them for you guys if it helps. Got to wait for the APRC in Kota Tinggi where I can meet all of WSM in person. If you guys can make it there too it would be great....Alot of exposure for sure.Feel free to let me know if there's anything that I can help you guys out with.

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
reubenc said:
wow, interesting...
did some search but cant find any spec sheet on the kelisa rs.
just a few articles...
What you want to know about the Kelisa RS ???
It's white, stripped, roll caged, bucket seated with harnesses, fire extingusher equipped,
steel rims and no air conditioning...

reubenc

Known Member
Apr 22, 2004
price..
where can i see one...

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
last time it was selling for around RM35k and you need to confirm your participation on all rounds of the perodua cup. but this year there is no perodua cup and i think they still have few unsold cars.

what about other cars? a wira and satria is a very capable car in rallying. oh and the wira is also still FIA homologated, that means you can use it in WRC, APRC and international rallies if you want up to 2008.

or perhaps a kancil with a mira turbo engine?

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
reubenc,

As what alexz said 'last time it was selling for around RM35k and you need to confirm your participation on all rounds of the perodua cup. but this year there is no perodua cup and i think they still have few unsold cars'.

But the thing is, with the bare essential's it's still cheaper to rally with a Satria or a Wira cause parts are easily available and cheaper compared to the Perodua/Daihatsu variants...

Anyways I doubt that youre able to join any APRC or WRC event's...
They do have APRC rounds in Malaysia, but the category would not be classified unless you have a group N car... And to enter WRC event's you would need to obtain an international racing license and to get that you need to pass some pre-requisites first... That will take you a long time to get...

Would recommend you to start in a low powered car and then make your way up... Start from the basics first like what most of the privateers do... Adrian Lam and Nanda Kumar are master's in the 1.6 category, many times beating more powerful and experienced drivers in the bigger class... Best would be as alexz said, Satria or Wira...

CHEERS

alexz,
Have we met before ???
Seems that youre very well versed in the local rallying scene...

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
Khorne said:
reubenc,

As what alexz said 'last time it was selling for around RM35k and you need to confirm your participation on all rounds of the perodua cup. but this year there is no perodua cup and i think they still have few unsold cars'.

But the thing is, with the bare essential's it's still cheaper to rally with a Satria or a Wira cause parts are easily available and cheaper compared to the Perodua/Daihatsu variants...

They do have APRC rounds in Malaysia, but the category would not be classified unless you have a group N car... And to enter WRC event's you would need to obtain an international racing license and to get that you need to pass some pre-requisites first... That will take you a long time to get...

Would recommend you to start in a low powered car and then make your way up... Start from the basics first like what most of the privateers do... Adrian Lam and Nanda Kumar are master's in the 1.6 category, many times beating more powerful and experienced drivers in the bigger class... Best would be as alexz said, Satria or Wira...

CHEERS

alexz,
Have we met before ???

beri tepukan tangan! clap clap clap (oops.. violated english language rule on ZTH) ;)

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Khorne said:
reubenc,

CHEERS

alexz,
Have we met before ???
APPLAUSE APPLAUSE.. SALUTE :D

reubenc

Known Member
Apr 22, 2004
yep, surely i will start small and slowly move on if i am capible of it.
im a believer of starting at the bottom and move up.

wah, ivan , u did alot of read up is it?.
serious lots of info ican get from you:)

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
reubenc said:
yep, surely i will start small and slowly move on if i am capible of it.
im a believer of starting at the bottom and move up.

wah, ivan , u did alot of read up is it?.
serious lots of info ican get from you:)
Ivan is a Championship winning Navigator witha local Works Team ( i kid you not) I'd listen to him if I were you.

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
faisal said:
Ivan is a Championship winning Navigator witha local Works Team ( i kid you not) I'd listen to him if I were you.
Ivan Ng,
Malaysian Rally Championship 2004. Class P12(open), Champion Navigator 2004.

Ivan is a seasoned Rally campaigner, competing in both tarmac rally, as well as gravel rallies. He has been involved in the rally scene since 2002. He enjoys playing futsal, messing with turbocharged cars, playing "mah kei" and having TT in USJ(the closest you can get to a rally TT).

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
Gary Lee and Faisal,
Compared to you guys I'm just a fry in the ocean...
Both have so much more experience compared to me...
One's an ex-works team driver and the other also a championship navigator...

reubenc
Anyways if you want to know more on rallying you should hop on over to YSKhong Motorsports... They have been in the rallying scene for over 25 years spanding from father to sons... They can hook you up with anything that you need and want...

CHEERS

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
well if you wanna have alot of options, ie when 1-2 years down the road after rallying locally and wanna try some regional rally events (thailand, indonesia, APRC or even japan or australia WRC), the wira 1.6 is the best to start with bet coz its FIA homologated and you dont need to buy new car when the time comes. well you cant win outright with all the WRC and turbo cars but still there is a possibility of a class win (N2) right?

khorne, im a lowly newbie but im an ardent fan of rallying since about 10 years ago... i dont know if we met before but i have met your bro when he came to pick up his rally tyres :)

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
alexz said:
well if you wanna have alot of options, ie when 1-2 years down the road after rallying locally and wanna try some regional rally events (thailand, indonesia, APRC or even japan or australia WRC), the wira 1.6 is the best to start with bet coz its FIA homologated and you dont need to buy new car when the time comes. well you cant win outright with all the WRC and turbo cars but still there is a possibility of a class win (N2) right?

khorne, im a lowly newbie but im an ardent fan of rallying since about 10 years ago... i dont know if we met before but i have met your bro when he came to pick up his rally tyres :)
hi alexz, i think you got ivan ng(khorne) confused with ivan khong. ivan khong is ivan1, ivan ng is ivan2. ;)

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
Khorne said:
Gary Lee and Faisal,
Compared to you guys I'm just a fry in the ocean...
Both have so much more experience compared to me...
One's an ex-works team driver and the other also a championship navigator...

reubenc
Anyways if you want to know more on rallying you should hop on over to YSKhong Motorsports... They have been in the rallying scene for over 25 years spanding from father to sons... They can hook you up with anything that you need and want...

CHEERS
where got? ;) i only navigating in a proton now mah. no glamour wan.haha.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hardcore_detailer said:
Used to be hardcore detailer. Now no time to do all. LOL so must keep it well from start. Tis is what i do

1) send it to nearby roadside car wash. Ask for spray only. Shampoo all don't wan. Should be arounbd RM2 or 3. Unless u have those water jet spray. then can diy at home lor. I live in condo so no choice lor. Very important to spray all those big chunk of sand and dust away.
2)reach home, rinse again with normal pipe.
3) shampoo car with MG nxt shampoo or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience