Pivot Speed Meter "V" Car Speed Pulse Setting Questions...

Ammenace

Jan 26, 2008
Dudes...

Anybody here know what is the proper setting for the "Car Speed Pulse Setting" for the Pivot Speed Meter V (N-2,N-4,N-6,etc) ? Im driving my R34 RB25DET... Thanks!!

Appreciate the help and comments!!

Cheers!
:driver:

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
just try and error bro. wont harm u anything. its just that if incorrect pulse setting is choose, the speed will either be under read or over read (in a big margin, compared to your OEM speed cluster).

if the speed displays a somewhere near or accurately according to your OEM cluster. That's the correct pulse setting.

Ammenace

Jan 26, 2008
Thanks Bro MKMD48..

Tried a few settings already, still not working... i believe the range is between N-6,N-4,N-2...Since the higher the number gets, the funnier reading of the speed meter...

I just transplanted the engine... its RB25 engine with a RB20 MT Gearbox... the meter reading went all over the place after reach 100km at the speedo... Ask my worksyop to find ways to get the actual reading, but it seems hard since the sensor for the back axle is usingdrift LSD settings... so, i bought the Pivot meter and installed it... but yet, the speedcut is still there and also the Car Pulse Setting is not right...

Any ideas on that? Any comments?

Appreciate it very much!

Cheers!

bnr_32

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
RB20 gearbox using speedo cable bro and your r34 cluster need signal from speed sensor.. and why your speed sensor located at rear axle?

Ammenace

Jan 26, 2008
RB20 gearbox using speedo cable bro and your r34 cluster need signal from speed sensor.. and why your speed sensor located at rear axle?
bro bnr_32..

Sorry bt i dun really knw in detail of the speed sensor and speedo cable.. i just quote the worksyop guy.. he told me that my rear LSD is a double LSD or something(guess this got nothing to do with the mileage and meter)...hehehe... so not clever of me...

btw,can u teach me what i shud do? but, totally, the car was being chop off from half cut shop and the problem is that i cudnt get my speedometer to work well (ofcourse the speedo work but up untill 100kmh, after that, the reading is all over the place) therefore spoil my mileage reading...

Really Need help and advise for this issue...
Any word of advise?
Anything to check and recheck?

Cheers bro!

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Could it be a Speed Sensor / Pinion Assy issue?

Ammenace

Jan 26, 2008
Bro V-Spec..

My guessing is have to be the speed sensor issue... not too sure about pinion assy.. cud u teach me anything to look for for pinion assy?

But, if its the speed sensor issue, my speedometer will not work at all am i correct?

im quite confused about this, and im trying to work out this situation, the thing is, its quite hard to find a speed sensor for the RB25.By the way, Is it the same speed sensor is used in all skyline? My last engine was a RB20 NA Auto. If its the same, can i swap or replace the speed sensor?

Really appreciate any advise!

Cheers!

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
I am not sure if the speed sensor are the same but if ER34 speed sensor, I have one lying around.

bnr_32

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
bro bnr_32..

Sorry bt i dun really knw in detail of the speed sensor and speedo cable.. i just quote the worksyop guy.. he told me that my rear LSD is a double LSD or something(guess this got nothing to do with the mileage and meter)...hehehe... so not clever of me...

btw,can u teach me what i shud do? but, totally, the car was being chop off from half cut shop and the problem is that i cudnt get my speedometer to work well (ofcourse the speedo work but up untill 100kmh, after that, the reading is all over the place) therefore spoil my mileage reading...

Really Need help and advise for this issue...
Any word of advise?
Anything to check and recheck?

Cheers bro!
owh ok now i understand.. i tot your car came with rb25 auto and u switch to rb20 manual gearbox from r32.. your case is car came with rb20 manual and u change the engine to rb25 and retain the rb20 manual gearbox right? if that the case than it shouldn't be any problem speed sensor pulse x ngam.. mebbe like vspec said that your speed sensor faulty.. at the pivot speed meter after set it to n2 does it have the same symptom?

Ammenace

Jan 26, 2008
owh ok now i understand.. i tot your car came with rb25 auto and u switch to rb20 manual gearbox from r32.. your case is car came with rb20 manual and u change the engine to rb25 and retain the rb20 manual gearbox right? if that the case than it shouldn't be any problem speed sensor pulse x ngam.. mebbe like vspec said that your speed sensor faulty.. at the pivot speed meter after set it to n2 does it have the same symptom?
Sorry bro bnr_32 for my worst explanation...

Actually, my car was originally ER34 (RB20 with AT Gearbox) and after 2 years of using it, the AT gearbox turns faulty and couldnt get a recon AT Gearbox... Therefore, i decided to buy a RB25 half cut.. little that i know the half cut is using a RB20 MT gearbox and not the RB25 MT Gearbox...(worksyop told me that the car was a used Drift car - referring to the setting of the car , the gerbox and the back axle change).

After installing the engine, the speedometer went all over the place after reach 100kmh... comparing the Pivot speed meter V reading and the faulty speedometer, the reading on the Pivot Speed Meter is more than 20kmh from the faulty speedometer... and after the Pivot Speed Meter reach 180kmh, the Cut OFF from the engine starts to kick in... and im very sure the N-2 setting is correct, bt still the Engine Cut OFF is still there... any helps on this?

Thanks!

atermizi

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
shah alam
Bro i had similar issue because rb20 speed sensor is not compatible with r34..so you'll bounce off 180 whilw ur doing 100 kmh n spped limiter kicks in..n ur odomter rolls like crazy

Options are
1.remove the sensor frm the gearbox n just estimate the speed based on rpm..
2.get an rb25 gearbox..

Physically to can see the diffrent size between rb20 n rb25 gearbox

Ammenace

Jan 26, 2008
Bro i had similar issue because rb20 speed sensor is not compatible with r34..so you'll bounce off 180 whilw ur doing 100 kmh n spped limiter kicks in..n ur odomter rolls like crazy

Options are
1.remove the sensor frm the gearbox n just estimate the speed based on rpm..
2.get an rb25 gearbox..

Physically to can see the diffrent size between rb20 n rb25 gearbox
Bro Atermizi,

Thank you so much for the explanation!
Darn! i guess i cudnt do much about the car since already spend a lot... an RB20 is not compatible with R34 is it? now i know..

Thanks for the options.

For the time being, i can only choose option 1. As so, if i choose to remove the sensor frm the gearbox, than, my mileage and speedometer wont read anything? and also, is it possible to have the speed cut? if i use the Pivot Sensor, will it shows any reading? its so confusing..
Option 2 still gonna be pending.

cheers!

atermizi

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
shah alam
Yes if u remove the sensor u wont any speed/odometer reading thus no speed limit also.I dont think ur pivot meter will read anything unless it reads speed from sattelite like Vbox or gps. It the meantime enjoy the pickup of short ratio rb20 Gbox. Remember u'll need to modify ur shaft n gearbox mount for rb25.

Ammenace

Jan 26, 2008
Yes if u remove the sensor u wont any speed/odometer reading thus no speed limit also.I dont think ur pivot meter will read anything unless it reads speed from sattelite like Vbox or gps. It the meantime enjoy the pickup of short ratio rb20 Gbox. Remember u'll need to modify ur shaft n gearbox mount for rb25.
Thanks so much for the information. So, basically i cannot get any response for the speedometer if i remove the sensor... darn!! there goes my speedometer... the pivot meter gets the reading from the ECU and the ECU gets the reading from the speed sensor. i doubt that the speed sensor is at fault,since i still can read the speedometer functions and the odometer is still function... Any chance to rectify the problem without buying a new MT Gearbox? is it possible to remove the CUT OFF with the speed sensor in place? Its hard to move around without knowing how fast your car can go.. hehehe...

Cheers!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys , im in need of advice here , the current NS40 battery in my Myvi is getting weaker ,thinking of upgrading it to a larger one which is NS60/L ,what i need to do/mod to get NS60 in there ?

The reason that i wanna upgrade the size is every year or so i require to replace the battery , everytime is the electrolyte inside dried out no matter i use the MF one or the normal one ,normal one after few weeks can see the electrolyte decreasing at a rapid rate already .

Which one is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience