Pirelli in the lead to supply F1 teams for 2011

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Formula One's Technical Working Group met recently to discuss about F1's tyre supplier for 2011 but from what we know, no decision was made.

However, Germany's Auto Motor und Sport reports that Pirelli has moved into pole position for the contract, even though recent rumours suggested both the Italian marque and Michelin were offering to supply tires for 1.5m Euros per team.

According to reports, representatives of Pirelli have met with F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone earlier this week to discuss matters for 2011.

Meanwhile, on separate matters, in the wake of the technical directors' meeting, it emerges that the new tyre supplier and the ban on double diffusers will not be the only technical changes for 2011.

The magazine said the main area of attention, apart from the return of KERS, is aerodynamics. Pending the approval of the FIA, the bodywork ahead of the sidepods, and the flow aids under the chassis, are to disappear.

It is also expected that the front wings will be smaller, while the front wing adjusters could be replaced by adjustable rear wings.

Source: GMM

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus,
Totally a noob here so kindda need your advise here.
I have seen a package on the R3 site abt a performance upgrade for the satria neo cps.
PROTON Holdings Berhad - R3 Accessories
The package includes a "Performance cam shaft" and i was wondering if the cam shaft is switchable cuz if i understand the CPS function, there will be a pin that enables the high lift cams. but if i change the cam shaft to the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience