PIONEER HU Q's....

Slingshot

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
shah alam
Hi guys, need some help here... I've just bought a DEH-P5500MP HU from one of the forumers...Bet u guys know who he is...However, I've installed the HU and everyting is fine, except that it can't tune even station numbers i.e. 95.8, 97.6, 103.0...Fly FM, Hot FM etc, anything that is even at the end...Any sifu's of Pioneer here that could help?

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
off ur hu, then press the function button 2 second..then press again and again until u saw the "fm step"...there can adjust the step of the fm freq by pressing the left right / up down button...hope this help

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
There's 80% chance that you no need to go to function to set the FM step, provided that your HU is local(not from other countries). I think the guy who install for you never install the antenna. Bring your car back and ask the fellow to install back for you. Or if you know how to DIY, then you can open up your HU and check the connection.

Slingshot

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
shah alam
Thanks for the replies guys...Well, i've done the wiring connections myself, so i doubt that there's any wiring problems. Maybe i'll try howiechoo's suggestion. Any other ideas? I'll update again later...

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
there's a possibilities that this hu is from overseas also....if like tat, i think u need a fm booster....i dun think the antenna didn installed..cos he say cant tune to even numbered station...

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Pioneer if meant for local, there's no need to set the Fm step. But heard from the poblem, is most likely is the antenna connection. This is normal for DIY kaki, sometimes it just came off when we putting it in.

Slingshot

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
shah alam
Aiiyyaahhh....This is what i get from buying second hand item....:( My fault it is. Anyways, i've tried howie's advice but seems i can't find the FM Step function. Crossed-checked with the downloaded manual from PIONEER and it seems that this model actually does not have the function. And, i've also followed kyheng's advice and checked all wirings and cable sockets. All are securely intact. DOES AN FM BOOSTER WOULD HELP TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM? Cause everything is ok except the tuning for even number stations only. Think i'll open up the HU and try to find any dip-switch that i can mess up with. Commonly, manufacturers uses common PCB board in manufacturing, but uses different setting for different models....hhhmmmm

Slingshot

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
shah alam
I think i've read somewhere in this forum saying that the last 2 digits of the model, indicates where is the radio is made for. Am i right? Maybe, for S.E.A the last 2 digits is 50. i.e DEH-PXX50MP. Any idea where is 00?

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
00 is australia/us

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
a booster wont help change the odd numbers to even...

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hope you can check under or on top the deck, should have Radio Freq range on the sticker .. If your HU can search radio freq above 97 than should be no prob (JDM >97).. Try set as Local 1, Local 2, Local 3 & Local 4.. coz your Local function have 4 level with diff sensitivity.. 4 level same as 4 diff country.. don't set as BSM (Best Selection Memory) coz this is auto searching setting...

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
im not familiar with pioneer HUs but like any other HU ther should be somewhere in the menu/setup for tuner to change the radio station numbering.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello pals,

I stay in BM . I wish to modidy my air filter ( drop -in ) and exhaust system ( extractor to muffler ).

But, can somebody recommend me which shop is good and reliable in Penang, Prai, BM, Kulim or Butterworth ??

My budget is a around RM 1000.

Just need to know which SHOP.

Thanx

voon
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience