Piggyback Harnesses for Blacktop 20v

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
Greetings fellow Sifus :itsme:,

I'm planning to install a piggyback on my 20v blacktop, either an e-manage or m7 emcon. The thing is i'm not very familiar with this piggyback system. I heard there are many different harnesses, which one do i actually need for my ride?

I'm looking for efficiency rather than power because at high rpm (6k and above), the air fuel ratio is rich (black somke coming out from the exhaust). I wana tune my air fuel ratio to the proper settings. I believe by doing so, you'll gain some HP right?

I've heard harnesses like the basic harness, ignition harness, injector harness etc. and i'm confused. Which harness do i really need based on my pursue of engine efficiency??

Please advise and accept my sincere thanks in advance.

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
"...black somke coming out from the exhaust..."
Are you using an adj FPR? If yes, what is the fuel pressure you set?
Are you running on 5sp ECU or 6sp ECU?

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
"...black somke coming out from the exhaust..."
Are you using an adj FPR? If yes, what is the fuel pressure you set?
Are you running on 5sp ECU or 6sp ECU?
Hi bro, everything is on stock, no adjustable FPR. I'm using the blacktop auto ECU on my 5 speed manual. Is there any prob is using auto ECU on a manual tranny??

blanquito

Known Member
Mar 27, 2007
No prob using Auto ECU on manual ...
listen properly at your vacuum hoses ... some leakage or hoses not connected properly ...
I used to have this problem ... car can drive like normal but FULLTIME SMOKER !!!
petrol smell all the way ...

Check ya vacuum ...

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
No prob using Auto ECU on manual ...
listen properly at your vacuum hoses ... some leakage or hoses not connected properly ...
I used to have this problem ... car can drive like normal but FULLTIME SMOKER !!!
petrol smell all the way ...

Check ya vacuum ...
Hi blanquito, there are no leakages on the vacuum hoses. Could it be due to the carbon accumulated at the oxygen sensor? Mine does not have the catalytic converter installed. But since day one I installed the blacktop, black smoke happens at high rev. Weird rite??

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Auto ECU will give you slightly rech A/F but won't up to the situation of black smoke.
Last time i have a dead O2 but it didn't give me black smoke....
What is your ECU code? If it is from BZG model (89661-1A480, grey socket) then its possible you have a faulty ECU.

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
levin818, I'm not too sure about the ECU code, but my halfcut is from the AE111 GT.
If faulty ECU, doesn't it mean that the car won't start? Sorry if my question is too simple because i'm not good with electronics.

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
An early stage faulty ECU will give problems like high fuel consumption, bad exhaust smell, no power, black smoke, unstable idling, hard to start etc... At the later stage, it will stall the engine. Therefore, early detection will save us from unnecessary troubles.
What year is your AE111 GT?

Last edited:

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
The AE111 GT is year 2000. So far my idling is stable, no loss of power, exhaust smell slightly bad because no catalytic converter, fuel consumption about 480km for full 40liter tank on RON95, not hard to start.
Oh I managed to get the ECU number, which is 89661-1A870. Do you think it's a faulty ECU? Should I change the ECU, or try solve it with a piggyback?

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
Never serviced the 4-throttle. But I ever opened the airbox to install the velocity stacks, then put back the stock airbox again. Unless you're talking about dismantling the entire throttle body, then never..

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
e-manage u need basic harness and ignition harness,stock 20v and any other toyotas are setup to be rich at high rpms,in the region of 11+ afr..

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
e-manage u need basic harness and ignition harness,stock 20v and any other toyotas are setup to be rich at high rpms,in the region of 11+ afr..
wonderful, thanks cuscostrutbrace. So with a piggyback, the richness at high RPM can be solved??

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

mine using EM..end up with white smoke when high rev..
remove EM..back to normal..ha ha ha
What? How is that possible? I thought white smoke is like some seals worn out and need engine overhaul rite?? they owes say white smoke 'makan m-oil', but removing EM and it's solved? That's like pretty cool bro!

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
i also dunno why..ahaks..but after removing EM..milage quite lower la..compare using EM..slightly 50-60KM diff...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi.. my 1.3 auto myvi 2005 in stock condition... everythings original..
mileage is 35k..
this thingis.. a full tank of ron95 RM60 shell can only go for 300 km the most.. normal driving..:banghead:
is this normal?:hmmmm:
or what can i do to improve it?:idea:
as i know 1.3 should go further..:driver:
any advise or share urs?:adore:
tq:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience