Pics: Pd rally..

Hard Tuned

May 14, 2005
Malaysia
MRC Gen - 2 engine

The Gen 2 was equipped with a specially tuned CamPro 1597 cc engine. It was meant for durability testing. The exhaust is tuned for the intake system to get maximum flow rate. The engine churns more than 30% torque and 20% bhp than standard CamPro 1.6 litre. This was achieved by recalibrating the Siemens VDO Ecu and optimizing the flowrate through port and polish. :cool:

XarraX_TBS

Known Member
Mar 1, 2004
Subang...
Visit site
Hard Tuned said:
The Gen 2 was equipped with a specially tuned CamPro 1597 cc engine. It was meant for durability testing. The exhaust is tuned for the intake system to get maximum flow rate. The engine churns more than 30% torque and 20% bhp than standard CamPro 1.6 litre. This was achieved by recalibrating the Siemens VDO Ecu and optimizing the flowrate through port and polish. :cool:
great job man..
nicely done, i like the car....esp the headlamp..:P...

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
nice pics xarrax ;) if i'm not mistaken, the gen2 is built by the proton powertrain boys.. am i right hardtuned?

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
Saw the Gen2 at Kereta Auto saloon at StadiumShah Alam yesterday...the exhaust extractor look awesome! Where can I get one for my friends?

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
How much u want to sell u'r exhaust system?Very interest on it.For my second car project???hehehe

Hard Tuned

May 14, 2005
Malaysia
Gary, the Gen 2 does not represents Proton at all, contrary to public belief. It was build by this workshop at Jalan Kebun, Shah Alam called Rally X. The roll cage was build by this guy who works for WRC. A great roll cage. Basically the team is 40% sponsored by Pennzoil since the race CamPro runs on synthetic Pennzoil lubes.

Rally X took 2 weeks to turn the Gen2 into a rally car. The car's suspension was not tuned at all due to time constraint. Anyway, hopefully, the car will be better at Perlis round.

ealt, i still have one extra exhaust extractor. It is built using engine simulation program. If you want, I can throw it for RM 650 (neg). The shop build it for me for RM 900. It is a 4-2-1 extractor, built for flat max torque from 3900 rpm to 5000 rpm. Very low back pressure. Got the data from bench dyno if you want it ;)

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
Hard Tuned said:
Gary, the Gen 2 does not represents Proton at all, contrary to public belief. It was build by this workshop at Jalan Kebun, Shah Alam called Rally X. The roll cage was build by this guy who works for WRC. A great roll cage. Basically the team is 40% sponsored by Pennzoil since the race CamPro runs on synthetic Pennzoil lubes.

Rally X took 2 weeks to turn the Gen2 into a rally car. The car's suspension was not tuned at all due to time constraint. Anyway, hopefully, the car will be better at Perlis round.

ealt, i still have one extra exhaust extractor. It is built using engine simulation program. If you want, I can throw it for RM 650 (neg). The shop build it for me for RM 900. It is a 4-2-1 extractor, built for flat max torque from 3900 rpm to 5000 rpm. Very low back pressure. Got the data from bench dyno if you want it ;)
Hard Tuned
The exhaust extractor for Gen2 that you have is it equal length? also does the 4 portion of the extractor extends to the oil sump and is it stainless steel? What do you recommed for the mid pipe and rear muffler?

Hard Tuned

May 14, 2005
Malaysia
Razaksa,

It is made from stainless steel. The primary pipes are of equal length. However, due to packaging constraint, the secondary length is not equal. The tertiary pipe is situated at the bottom of oil sump but packaged nicely to avoid crankshaft sensor.

for Gen-2, you need a brand new real tailpipe to suit this extractor. The rally car was really loud... :D it sounds like an aeroplane landing....if you were at PD...you would know that the Gen 2 is coming eventhough you cannot see the car....sounds really good. My friend worked on the muffler, so I gotta asked him.

right now I am designing a new extractor that is 4 into 1 because I want to shift the torque band upward since my driver uses the power 4500 rpm to 6500. The one that I have now is very good for low end and mid range torque. Anyway, the end pipe of the new extractor that I will design and probably use in Arau will stop at lower catalytic converter bottom flange, so any Gen 2 owner can just plug in the extractor without changing the rear tail pipe....just need to find extra money. :p

Damn, if I have extra money, maybe I can finish up my short runner inlet manifold too...with machined bell mouths....that would be awesome for high end torque....probably I can push CamPro power to 150 bhp at 6250 rpm....slurp....money money money money....money!! :rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i just got my used momo steering installed today at accesories shop. After the installation, i found out that the steering wheel is so "stiff" (like turning a lorry steering) compare to a stock 1. so i drive back to that accesories shop n tell the problem 2 the guy. then he said " is like that 1". i m still not comfortable the explaination he gave to me n that way i m here to ask sifu here what cause the steering wheel become "stiff" Tomorrow i might go for another accesories shop to get it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience