Petrol car or diesel car (2nd hand)

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thats the love-hate relationship he is experiencing. Later if or when he get a cushy car he will miss the solid ride of the Iriz..heheheh
Yup, he likely wont like an older Vios or City. Unsure how much the new Vios has improved. Havent rode one yet

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hihihi...i would luv to see that day.
I bet u will own at least 2 ride with totally opposite character and die2 said u loved them both. Even when u said its rubbish, u will still keep driving it.
That is why I have a comfortable family ride for my wife, then another opposite ride for my own......lol

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017
I thought Iriz has good handling. Why do you dislike it? CVT? Poor NVH?
1) I love the firm suspension, but it is too stiff - bouncing and body motion everywhere. I wonder if proton has performed pre-loading adjustment on the stock suspension. Body roll is present even with aftermarket anti roll bar installed. If one takes corners like a champion over rumble strips and expansion gaps of the highway, be prepared to have it skip a few beat and sometimes having its rear coming out slightly.

2) I hate the side mirrors because they have huge blind spots.

3) Rubber band effect of the CVT. It poses a threat when you want to overtake or exit a junction.

4) Total cost of ownership including service maintenance and parts replacement doesn't reflect the status of a local car for the masses.

However, only my passengers love it because of its rear seats that have good thigh support and headrests.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
1) I love the firm suspension, but it is too stiff - bouncing and body motion everywhere. I wonder if proton has performed pre-loading adjustment on the stock suspension. Body roll is present even with aftermarket anti roll bar installed. If one takes corners like a champion over rumble strips and expansion gaps of the highway, be prepared to have it skip a few beat and sometimes having its rear coming out slightly..
It's odd if stock is skipping. Did you change the springs or is it caused by your aftermarket ARBs?

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017
with or without ARB, it is the same. Well it isn't that fast as per say (less or equal 50km/h) for long turns. So that's why i reserve my judgement on good handling of the car.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
with or without ARB, it is the same. Well it isn't that fast as per say (less or equal 50km/h) for long turns. So that's why i reserve my judgement on good handling of the car.
I never driven the Iriz before but hear it has good handling. Have you driven other car makes/models? Is Vios/City/MyVi better for you? Or just the Contis which are better?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Sorry, I dont quite understand why the rear should hop when he isnt braking
Dunno how to explained it. I noticed the behaviour on my BLM after i installed rear arb. Before install i dont go that fast so cant comment. What i notice is the rear felt a bit firmer with arb installed. The effect is there esp when nobody is seating at the back. Could be the rear suspension becomes too firm with a bit too hard bound rate after rear arb installed?

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Dunno how to explained it. I noticed the behaviour on my BLM after i installed rear arb. Before install i dont go that fast so cant comment. What i notice is the rear felt a bit firmer with arb installed. The effect is there esp when nobody is seating at the back. Could be the rear suspension becomes too firm with a bit too hard bound rate after rear arb installed?
Well, the arb will resist compression on single wheel and that's what happens when going around a bend and hitting a bump. When spring wont compress, car goes up lor

I am going to assume you did nothing to the front ARB. So you only made the butt bouncier when unladen

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Well, the arb will resist compression on single wheel and that's what happens when going around a bend and hitting a bump. When spring wont compress, car goes up lor

I am going to assume you did nothing to the front ARB. So you only made the butt bouncier when unladen
Yup, front arb is stock. Only installed the front upper strut bar and front lower 4 point bar.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I guess if you either load up at the rear or remove the rear ARB, the bounce happy rear may be minimised
no need...all bars sold already. I Cuci tangan.now the car is stock and only breaks 100kmh every one or 2 month.

When i drive, rarely above 90kmh now.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just helping out someone from lowyat.net as he doesn't have a zth account and I got to knew there are some who are really interested in Student AP in zerotohundred.com

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1739849

Item(s): [WTS] Student AP Japan

Package includes:
- i help to buy the car that u wanted
- i arrange AP application in Malaysia
- i arrange freight shipment from Japan
- i do the documentation

What buyer need to do is:
- ready the money for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience