Persona Elegance with many problems?

Nov 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
change your steering bush to super pro,then you'll know the diff....
Bro can give more info?

What is the model name? Price?

Will it void any warranties?

1 & half years into to owning my elegance h-line. I have been to various sc to correct various problems. The 2 most annoying which I have not rectified are:

1) alignment not staying straight for long. Very evident for me as I recently changed my tyres and after 50 km of highway driving, the alignment when off-centre to the left. Hope to rectify with your recommended solution. Therefor need more details.

2) lousy braking. This is my own doing as I changed the front pads to the rm70 ones. Good bite for light braking. Horrible if you need more say after 30% depressed on the brake pedal. As such, going to save for the rm300 brake pads, which have surprised me in terms of their ability to slow down the car in emergency.

Initially, feel the same as what many drivers have posted here, sluggish brake response. I notice you need to warm up the brakes a little and then they work fantastic. Just sharing my experience.

Looking forward to more info. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Freedom_Blue

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KUALA LUMPUR
Hai guys..Talking about break problems, after using my car for the first 2 months i found that the front break disc was bent and the break was so sluggish. For my 5k service i complain to SC regard this issue and when check it was really bent and they replace me with a skim disc from a Gen2 modal. As per the SC mech the gen2 disc is much more better then the persona modal disc. Seriously i dont see any deference between both disc but once tested after it was much better then before.The breaking now is more responsive and i have confidence even in fast speed.

The only one problem that have not been resolved is the knocking metal sound coming from the front right suspension when on uneven roads..its kind of iritating and i have send to SC a few times and the problem is still not resolve..any idea guys??

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
super pro bush can get it from hokomoto kenneth - 012 210 5979 ,rm 140 including including install i recall.Then for the brake prob,get a set of imp braided brake hose / imp slotted disc / imp brake pad and you can be able to solve the problem if still persist then go kedai potong find a set of brake servo from mitsubishi model that can fit your car.For imp products u can get it from this guy -->andy 017 352 6055 resonable price n trustable man.If pick up having problem then change your exhaust system and car will perform better in low end.

lemonjuice_2

No.1 Manchester UnitedFan
Aug 29, 2005
Petaling Jaya
hi guys,
i need to seek for some advise for my PE Auto (H-Line) 8months old car,
1. FC averagely 8-9l/100km (according to the display) is that okay? 90% City 10% highway

2. Recently i did change drop in filter to WORKs Eng. apparently its reducing my topend from 200++km ---> 180km. what/why is this happend?

3. Im planning to mod my ride, i saw you guys posted regarding extractor/exhaust system, i really interested to know more about it, please do give me some idea. Tx. (my exhaust system still original and i heard a lots about hotbits is good, but it seem expensive) pls advise tx

4. I also would like to know if mod to xenon motorsport turbo kits better / just do some mod on N/A ?

5. I also did mod on WORKs Eng. crank pulley & cam pulleys as well, what other thing that i can do for better performances.

6. Do i need to change the rims? what size of rims is perfect to use for good perfomance?

looking forward to you guys advises, im really have no idea. thank you.
Regards.

lemonjuice_2

Aug 29, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Hi Ikc,
What ur opinion & advise for me to my questions?
Kindly give me some idea, thank you so much & well appreciate..
Regards.

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
bro,my opinion to you -

1.remove the LCP (cause it gives u gd pick up but not so gd top end)

2.go back to the workshop where you install the cam pulley & ask them to adjust the cam for more top end.

I'm not so sure if 2nd opinion will help or not but if you sayang want to take out your LCP then you can try opinion no 2 and by the way my case also same like yours at 1st,but i took out the lcp then problem gone.Then for your exhaust get a good 4-2-1 and the rest from down to muffler you can go any exhaust shop & do it.

lemonjuice_2

Aug 29, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Hi bro IKC,

1. What did mean by LCP? Crank Pulley/Cam Pulley?
2. Im planning to change extractor 4-2-1 also in sunway wei hing? any comment?
Just to find out with you guys, my Q1 early posted regarding the FC averagely value is that okay?

Looking forward your reply, thanks.
Regards.

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
bro,sorry is crank pulley,as for the header,dont go to wei heng,no quality & workmanship very lousy,i suggest u either buy a branded header like hotbits or find this seller here --->kweng84,alot of ppl give good comment on him.Where you staying bro?got time come out lepak together and have a drink lar,im staying in pj area,near kelana lrt there.

lemonjuice_2

Aug 29, 2005
Petaling Jaya
hi bro, im nearby there too,behind LDP church taman mayang.
where/when u wanna yumcha? im actually planning to deal with wei hing ah kent,price quite reasonable and convenience to me install with a package, i saw hotbits extractor before, looks ok ok only & kakimotor william also proposed to me turboS extractor that 1 looks very good finishing. So, what do you think?? u driving persona as well?

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
ok bro,maybe 2nite or tommorow nite we come out yam cha?go dataran prima sedap?this is my no -013 744 1163 kc

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
Hi guys,
i saw online that i find out PE got a feature 'remote trunk release' i wonder how to do it??? got such a feature??
i hv PE-H-line too. trunk release is only for this model and it is very handy to me.

how to use?

first unlock your car using remote key.
in "unlock mode", press small button (at key).
if u press this button in lock mode, the alarm will goes ponn! ponnnn! ponnn!

hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

A fren of mine ask whether any1 knows bout a reputable shop that does engine balancing. Did some searching an found 1 name.

Morey? Is this the 1?

A contact number would b much appreciated.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience