Persona Elegance with many problems?

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
the throttle body is drive by wire... is slower respone if ur is manual gb. for auto, u ll not notice

s4ph_xtuner

Jun 7, 2009
yesterday i found that persona elegent very fast n responsive...my old persona cant cloosed so far huhu

lantoi

Oct 18, 2006
Just to share my experience
Bought Persona Elegance "B" line, auto 3 months ago. Now 8500km

Changes
1. Change rear speakers to kenwood, front fitted with Audiobank
2. Front foglight with OEM switches - done at PE service centre (workmanship sucks)
3. Rims to 15" KII taiwan, tires to Hankook V8RS 195/55 R15
4. Tinted with Raytech films

Love: cornering, hi speed stability, luggage space, seating position and interior.
Hate: 1.slow pick-up (engine wake-up only after 3500rpm )
2.brakes - slow response and not that confidence (adjust twice at sc done poorly, then outside at least better)
3.unwanted sound such as some metal banging sound when hitting road holes (complain twice already, sc sleeping)
4. Vibration from engine, aircond
5. Headlamp not that bright, will change bulbs

FC, the trip comp registering around 8 to 9 liter / 100 km (ok lah)

Comment: For rm49,499 worth the money spend, still some issue need to settle, hope not much trouble after this

Oct 6, 2010
Ipoh
i suggest u to write an e-mail complaint about the problem u having now to PROTON. Then CC your email to PERODUA, TOYOTA, HONDA, NISSAN, MALAY MAIL, THE STAR, NST, UTUSAN MALAYSIA etc.... with this, i believe your Persona problem will solve fast.if not, they will drag u up & down until ypur car warranty is over. if can, request for a new car. after your problem is solve, sell the car. Then try to look for a 2nd japanese car (if u hv a bigger budget, get a new one)
Wonderful! Thanks for giving me this idea. I'm typing out my long complaint to Proton. Really fed-up with them. GGRRRRRR

ryan1907

Nov 3, 2010
Penang
Hi all, I am new here. I just bought a new Persona B-Line (Manual) last month and sent for 1,000km service already. I need some advice for below matter which i found during driving this car :-

1. Pick up very slow. How to improve or what to modified? (without void the warranty)
2. 8.8L/100km is this reasonable? (I am using mobile or esso Ron97)
3. Should i change the original rim to 15" sport rim? (for better FC)

Sorry for my bad english =)

Have a nice day!
Thanks

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hi all, I am new here. I just bought a new Persona B-Line (Manual) last month and sent for 1,000km service already. I need some advice for below matter which i found during driving this car :-

1. Pick up very slow. How to improve or what to modified? (without void the warranty)
2. 8.8L/100km is this reasonable? (I am using mobile or esso Ron97)
3. Should i change the original rim to 15" sport rim? (for better FC)

Sorry for my bad english =)

Have a nice day!
Thanks
Bro... I think 8.8 L per 100 km is reasonable for 1.6 Litre car. Reasonable... but I achieve that figure with an old car with 70% city drive and 30% highway. I guess yours can do a little better. Are you heavy footed? Do you do more city drive than highway? Or try again after the 1000 km service. Maybe the ecu is still adapting to your driving style.

About rims, I think 14" to 15" will not make much difference. There will be a bit of difference though. However, 14" to 16" will have a more obvious effect.

ryan1907

Nov 3, 2010
Penang
Bro... I think 8.8 L per 100 km is reasonable for 1.6 Litre car. Reasonable... but I achieve that figure with an old car with 70% city drive and 30% highway. I guess yours can do a little better. Are you heavy footed? Do you do more city drive than highway? Or try again after the 1000 km service. Maybe the ecu is still adapting to your driving style.

About rims, I think 14" to 15" will not make much difference. There will be a bit of difference though. However, 14" to 16" will have a more obvious effect.

Thx for your feedback.
Firstly, I reach that 8.8L per 100km with 80% city and 20%. eerrmm... i am not heavy footed i guess, coz i always swift to higher gear when my rpm hitting 1.5++ below 2. But sometimes will speed to 150 during highway la...will continue check and test. By the way, my previous Wira A/B SE 1.5 (M) also can achieve 8.8L/100km after change 16" to 15" rims...

What effect do you mean for 14" to 16" rim? for better FC?

Recently i found out that there is some weird sound come from the radio area and mid aircon there...Anyone face this problem?

Thanks

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Thx for your feedback.
Firstly, I reach that 8.8L per 100km with 80% city and 20%. eerrmm... i am not heavy footed i guess, coz i always swift to higher gear when my rpm hitting 1.5++ below 2. But sometimes will speed to 150 during highway la...will continue check and test. By the way, my previous Wira A/B SE 1.5 (M) also can achieve 8.8L/100km after change 16" to 15" rims...

What effect do you mean for 14" to 16" rim? for better FC?

Recently i found out that there is some weird sound come from the radio area and mid aircon there...Anyone face this problem?

Thanks
LOL Bro!!! Hahaha... I think I know where the prob is... It is not good to shift from 1.5k to 2k rpm you know? That might be the cause for the bad fc. As a general rule of thumb, for best FC, one should shift at 2.5k rpm for slower acceleration and at 3k rpm for moderate acceleration. Shifting at 1.5 - 2k rpm will underpower the car. Thus at a higher gear, you will require more pedal input to achieve the same acceleration. And for most fuel injected cars, when the ECU sense "lugging" (high load and low revs), it will enrich the air-fuel ration to protect the engine.

scenario 1: Shift at 3k rpm if you are accelerating moderately on straight roads especially on highways where you do not need to brake.

scenario 2: Shift at around 2.3- 2.5k rpm when you are driving in the city where you rarely reach 100.

scenario 3: For heavy traffics, for example when you accelerate for 2 - 3 secs then have to brake, then only shift at 2k rpm.

The worst FC is when driving in scenario 2 traffic with scenario 3 driving style.

Remember. Never underpower your car. It increases FC and is even bad for the engine.

ryan1907

Nov 3, 2010
Penang
LOL Bro!!! Hahaha... I think I know where the prob is... It is not good to shift from 1.5k to 2k rpm you know? That might be the cause for the bad fc. As a general rule of thumb, for best FC, one should shift at 2.5k rpm for slower acceleration and at 3k rpm for moderate acceleration. Shifting at 1.5 - 2k rpm will underpower the car. Thus at a higher gear, you will require more pedal input to achieve the same acceleration. And for most fuel injected cars, when the ECU sense "lugging" (high load and low revs), it will enrich the air-fuel ration to protect the engine.

scenario 1: Shift at 3k rpm if you are accelerating moderately on straight roads especially on highways where you do not need to brake.

scenario 2: Shift at around 2.3- 2.5k rpm when you are driving in the city where you rarely reach 100.

scenario 3: For heavy traffics, for example when you accelerate for 2 - 3 secs then have to brake, then only shift at 2k rpm.

The worst FC is when driving in scenario 2 traffic with scenario 3 driving style.

Remember. Never underpower your car. It increases FC and is even bad for the engine.

oo...=p...i dont know about that, coz last time heard ppl said if want to better FC then have to drive or swift gear in low rpm...hehe...i am really new to car and those spare parts. Thx for your good advice really learn something new here... Have a nice day ahead!

nelsonyong

Sep 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
halo
my persona b line just two month
send back sc two time also haven settle :stupid:

problem
1. front suspension got nyet nyet sound ~ they say is body sound..aiii
2. corner time can hear glak glak sound front infront, like suspension want to drop out.

this car over roll is good..only thing is many sound came out .

next week need to send back sc again dun know when only can settle...
sad...

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
yeah.. finished all the 74 treads that u guys posted..
i am thinking on buying a persona elegance..
but, too coward to face many problems..

hope can join u guys talk on persona later..

btw, did read up some post saying dat the feul cover already "patah"..
i thought my mom only like that..
hehe.. maybe normal to everyone..