Perodua Eco-Challenge - USM as Winner!

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
PENANG, July 14 (Bernama) -- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) is in cloud nine.

Its team emerged overall winner of the fuel efficient modification innovation in the Perodua Eco-Challenge 2009 last month.

Comprising 20 students pursuing their bachelor's and master's degrees from the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, the team won two prizes at the challenge organised by Perodua Sdn Bhd.

Defeating 12 other institutions, the USM team became champions in 'Speedway PLUS Circuit' in the Automatic Transmission category and grabbed the overall best institution in the 'Engineering Design and Presentation' category.

Speaking at a press conference here Tuesday, USM Acting Vice-Chancellor Prof Omar Osman said the winning team bagged a total of RM30,000 in both categories.

He said the team spent three months in preparation.

"We are looking for more coorperation between the industries and higher education institutions as it is a good platform to boost the innovation and applications of technology in the countries," he added.

Meanwhile, team manager Prof Horizon Walker Gitano-Briggs said the students managed to modify the fuel consumption up to 23.5km per litre, which is 81 per cent of improvement as compared to the normal consumption of 12 to 13km per litre.

He said fuel-efficient consumption was an environmental-friendly technology and economically convenient for all car users.

Source -- BERNAMA

Management used GReddy E-Manage Ultimate (Partly sponsored by www.ftzoneracing.com)

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
hehehe a piggyback is one of the best ways for better consumption tuning
rather than magnets , etc etc

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
deactivate 2 cylinder..
just run on 2 cylinder..

better fuel consumption but of course very2 less power...

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
hehehe... the idea is there and it was done! nothing is impossible these days with electronics.
u dun need so much power when crusing... so 2 cyl is enough i suppose. The other stuff was the camshaft it's modified

Last edited:

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
if we manage to design electronic controlled valve which is purely push by solenoid instead of cam, we can deactivate and reactivate the cam when needed..
the fuel consumption sure increase and the power lost is not the big issues..
instead we can control the valve lifting profile which can be arrange infinitely..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
if we manage to design electronic controlled valve which is purely push by solenoid instead of cam, we can deactivate and reactivate the cam when needed..
the fuel consumption sure increase and the power lost is not the big issues..
instead we can control the valve lifting profile which can be arrange infinitely..
means u guys are implementing BMW's valvetronic system on myvi engine??....

any photos to share with us??... or any development blog available where we can learn from??...:adore::adore:

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
means u guys are implementing BMW's valvetronic system on myvi engine??....

any photos to share with us??... or any development blog available where we can learn from??...:adore::adore:

just imagination from me..
i not know much about that project..
its just my proposal..
use solenoid to control the valve lifting and closing to replace the camshaft..
the valvetronic still use the cam, but doesn't use the butterfly throttle..instead varying the valve lifting to control air flow

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hye everyone...i'm driving campro 1.6...my question is if i wanted to change my clutch pump, is there any racing clutch pump selling out there or can i use honda clutch pump instead oem clutch pump???help me out...:confused::confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience