performance parts for vq30

badgti

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
johor
hi,

i've noticed tht there are a major shortage in performance parts for the vq's in our cefiro's and especially reading the thread on the custom y-pipe for the a32's was wondering if maybe we could do up a thread on where to get some descent bolt on performance parts for the vq. i dun mind making a few parts for the vq as i go along getting my new car set up.

tho its a cefiro a32, and considered an "ol mans car" for some but seriously i feel the a32's can perform esp when its already with a good base engine.we're not going to go race with the a32's but at least we can give some m3's a good run for their money.

hope you guys can give some input on parts and where to get them, it'll be good for new power hungry cefiro owners like myself.

cheers.

Last edited:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
my boss has an 3L A32. needs a lot of work if want to match the M3.

first of all the suspensions; stock ones make u feel like ur driving a boat.

performance wise, the VQ30 has good torque being a 3L and all but is very linear and no kick at all. those in the USA supercharge the engine, but i suppose stock auto gearbox needs to be replaced with manual to get the sporty feeling.

personally i feel it would be a lost cause to upgrade the performance to a level that can challenge an M3. the A32 is meant to be a cruiser, comfortably going on the highway at above average speeds..

badgti

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
johor
agree bro,but it all comes down to personal preferance.the main objective is to get parts produced for our a32's and strike a balance between performance and comfort, whereas in my case i'm going more for the performance side of things as a start. m3's have good performance and are really comfortable too , was just using them as a benchmark that we can work on. the cefiro is not a good platform to be a race car or to have any characteristics of one, but it'll be good to have a wide range of performance options that do not compromise the comfort but still give bang for buck horsepower.:biggrin:

anyway, do you know of any one mass producing the y-pipe ?would be great to just buy and bolt on.i'd really like to get on making a set of custom headers cos if i recall noone makes them here in malaysia.would be interesting to see the gains of those.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Get rid of the autobox b4 doing other upgrades.it's the main power robber. The Manual g/box is hard to find tho.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

On the side note, local mechs would shun away from meddling with the vq. So its important to get a mech who is very familiar with this engine set up. If you missed out a notch on the timing chain, the car would run weird . The mech would tear their hair out just looking for the problem. Dtc would indicate fault code which is not directly link to problem. And 350z parts is incompatible with our vq although we share the same en code. If you want engine improvement just change the at to mt . I've driven my friend's mt vq and man, there is alot of difference especially on the low and mid range torque. But one set back is during normal cruising at highways. The car seems to b running on higher rpm than the at. But there must b some kinda trade-offs to gain more power right?

badgti

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
johor
cant agree with you more bro, i run a mod shop myself so would really be interested to do a bitof experimenting with the vq, anyway, my spare vq30 engine just arrived so will be starting out with getting a set of headers done, since its easier for me to fabricate a set with the engine out..

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
cant agree with you more bro, i run a mod shop myself so would really be interested to do a bitof experimenting with the vq, anyway, my spare vq30 engine just arrived so will be starting out with getting a set of headers done, since its easier for me to fabricate a set with the engine out..
Alot of petrol head stressed that Nissan 's vq engine power output are on a 'softer' side as oppossed to the legendary RBs (even non turbo). So our main approach is to get the vq to churn out a more wilder and explosive power output if we want to outperform the rivals with similar engine capacity.
Apart from the Gtr, I think nissan is heading towards a more comfortable, Eco friendly , better fuel economy type of vehicle rather than outright brute power type of vehicle.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
Put in a SR20DET

badgti

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
johor
Alot of petrol head stressed that Nissan 's vq engine power output are on a 'softer' side as oppossed to the legendary RBs (even non turbo). So our main approach is to get the vq to churn out a more wilder and explosive power output if we want to outperform the rivals with similar engine capacity.
Apart from the Gtr, I think nissan is heading towards a more comfortable, Eco friendly , better fuel economy type of vehicle rather than outright brute power type of vehicle.
well true, in the end its all bout getting more power without compromising comfort.. i'm already on the job of getting the flange made up for the headers, hopefully can get it intime so i can do some work during christmas since got no plans..
:biggrin:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
All the best bro and merry Xmas and a happy new year!

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
this would be interesting indeed, we'll be seeing at least one performance based cefiro, like those maximas in US and Australia...

badgti

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
johor
merry xmas ppl!!

those maximas in the US are the best, tried to browse on getting one of them superchargers but cost too high and not worth it unless with a big fat bank account la... maybe the best option vs a complete engine rebuild/mod would be bolt on for now...thing is the vq30 has good potential , just needs a bit more mods to get it where we want it. anyway, i'll post up pics soon..

onionbay

Jun 29, 2005
KL
just to share my experience. running a a32 3L.

Earlier this year i changed the g/b. When i drove it, the pick up improve but it seems that the rpm was running higher.

My orignal gear box has a longer gear ratio thus it runs at lower rpm when cruissing.

Orignal G/B = 130Km/h @ 3,000 RPM - 1 Full tank can reach 400KM
Replacement G/B = 130km/h @ 3,500 +/-RPM - 1 Full tank can reach +/- 360KM

I believe that the g/b has a few model too.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here are some pictures of the recent Bukit Tinggi time trial event catered to the supercars. These are just a fraction of the action-packed weekend. <b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience